Devitto673

Apr 14, 2023
I hate to be that guy, but I have to ask, is the harem possible? I don't see the tag that's why I ask and it's only because I don't have enough free time to repeat the game 5 times to see the content of each girl, (or the number of times equivalent to the number of heroines) I know it can't be seen all the content in a single run, but that does not rule out the harem ending and in reality I only bother to ask about the excellent reviews it has.

stargate1979

Mar 12, 2020
I hate to be that guy, but I have to ask, is the harem possible? I don't see the tag that's why I ask and it's only because I don't have enough free time to repeat the game 5 times to see the content of each girl, (or the number of times equivalent to the number of heroines) I know it can't be seen all the content in a single run, but that does not rule out the harem ending and in reality I only bother to ask about the excellent reviews it has.
You have plenty of time, playthrough a path. Then playthrough using skip. its easy

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I think it's simpler than that: Felicia just likes sex. As long as the challenges involve sex or sexuality, Felicia can roll with the punches like a champ; as soon as the activities move to something more mundane, she loses interest and becomes far more fragile. Unfortunately for her, Kathleen's the one running the show and Kathleen cares about suffering far more than she cares about sex. You can see this most clearly in the cattleprod game in Chapter 4 Update 2. Without the MC's help, all Felicia can focus on is the discomfort.
View attachment 3343695
It's only if the MC ignores Kat's order and reminds Felicia that there's still an audience who could be aroused by her performance that she manages to get her head back in the game.

In some ways I think it mirrors her reasons for becoming a Carnation in the first place. There are lots of ways a smart, attractive woman like Felicia could go about building a powerbase separate from her husband, but she chose to join an exclusive underground sex club because wholesale debauchery is what she sees as the perfect intersection of her skills and interests. She thought it would be right in her wheelhouse - and she might well have been right if August or Hana was calling the shots. With Kathleen at the helm, however, it's going to be a constant struggle not to lose her groove.
I feel like the cattleprod scene hits home to Felicia that the exibition isn't fun and games like she's thinking. As a hedonistic party slut, she probably did a lot of similar things to some games in the exibition, and her flippant approach to the game has probably rubbed Kat the wrong way, and we can expect Felicia's resolve to crumble as she realizes that the Competition isn't a sex vacation she expected. Hell, during her photoshoot, Edwin can get angry at her too for her dismisiveness towards the games, because in his eyes Felicia is taking everything his mother went through with glee and is asking for more, because the club is just a game to her. Until it isn't.

We're probably gona see Felicia get pushed more and more out of her comfort zone, and her prissy bitch exterior is going to crumble more and more as she gets progressively more humiliated, and not in a sexy was like she has come to expect.
I need to add a bit more here. I was JUST re-playing the Week 1 game with Felicia and Rosalind doing the pole deed. Felicia's tolerance is LOW. What comes out of this is that she's not into the high tolerance for pain and we were being warned that it's a flaw with her. As ename points out, she can focus on the pain and discomfort, but the more she goes through this, the more there's a chance she realizes her own capabilities outside of putting on this front and needing the club.

And yes, Edwin can get angry on her but the opposite scene is the one with the art where she explains her motivation in the first place. Even within the club, she Rosalind yells at her after the game's over for wanting to be a part of this and Felicia really wants to spill the beans but merely states how there's more to it. The only thing I'd caution is that Felicia really cares about her social status. "Nephew" Edwin learned this from how the Matron brought out the poverty card just for being underdressed while Felicia is constantly helping Mina at the talent agency as explained. She's a social climber, that's true. But the REAL thing Felicia could do is start her own company (Entourage or Jerry Maguire is a great reference), become a painter (though that's a hobby and art in current day is a FAR different beast to the days of Norman Rockwell), or use her skills in a far more productive way than the cathouse she's in "for fun". From what I'm seeing of her, I don't think it's for fun, but that's her first defense mechanism.

Just like she hides her Southern Belle charm, everything with Felicia is hidden in layers and depths that really need to be put to the surface. Overall, I usually feel that with Felicia, the suppression is what's unhealthy. For the player, it's more about getting Felicia to realize that she can do so much more with what she has and climb to heights she never thought possible.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Looks like there's another Dev Diary today.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TD already gave us the new totals. Over the 15 days between the recording date for this diary and the last one, that translates to a weekly average of roughly 101 static images, 2.8 animations and 1330 words. Overall, TD and GIL are averaging ~98 images, 2.7 animations and 2180 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Update 4 began. Here are the charts for Week 24:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We're still making steady progress, but the big news is the theoretical target of 80 animations - 14 more than our current total. At the current average rate, that would be nearly 5 weeks of work to complete. If TD and GIL aim to complete Felicia's content by the start of March, which I presume would account for the overwhelming majority of those animations, they'll probably need to average at least 7 animations per week. That's well above their historical average, but it's been exceeded for two-week bursts in previous cycles so it's definitely possible - especially if GIL has already done some of the preliminary work.

Assuming they hit that pace, we'd probably be looking at a mid-late March release: an extra week to tidy up loose ends, then a week or two of testing and squashing bugs. If the animations take longer than expected, or the loose ends prove to be extra-tight, then I suspect we'd be looking at an early April release. We should probably hope for the best and prepare for the worst, just in case we need to make it through March without our twin beams of sunshine to liven things up.

I'm still very eager to see what Felicia and the others have instore for us, but we've waited this long so a little longer won't kill me.

Dreammod

Jun 17, 2022
What makes a game or a visual novel? A good story? Interactive gameplay? Delivery of emotions via audio-visual means?

what's up with all these honey-select -screenshot-collection.exe games? dont people who play these know that you can have way better scenes & interaction by actually playing honey select? :WaitWhat:
Apparently just scenes and interactions.

That quoted comment from the first page of the thread has to be the dumbest shit I've ever read, I had to break my posting hymen because of it. Holy shit.

The two best reviewed games( And my favs honestly) on the site are "collection.exe" games. Sure, a lot of devs can be giga lazy . But devs like the ones from Pale Carnations will properly make use of pre-rendered assets , characters emote a lot more than in most daz games, after every dialogue you can expect a head tilt, eyebrow raise or some animation that makes the scenes flow smoother and give the characters personality. And honey select is that, just a scene renderer. Pale Carnations is a VERY well written smut visual novel that happens to use honey select renders. But I gotta say, I used a heavily modded honey select I cant make shit look as good as in Pale Carnations. Who cares how its graphically rendered, it could be rendered in microsoft paint and it would still be an amazing read.

Props to the devs! PC has me looking forward to every update, the music and how it's used is flawless. The writing is really, really good, but particularly for the scenes. It gets dirty, raw and extremely depraved yet written with taste, even when comparing a cream pie with a" pus-engorded abscess split asunder by its own putrid contents". It's not debauchery for the sake of it, it's "tasteful debauchery" .

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Props to the devs! PC has me looking forward to every update, the music and how it's used is flawless. The writing is really, really good, but particularly for the scenes. It gets dirty, raw and extremely depraved yet written with taste, even when comparing a cream pie with a" pus-engorded abscess split asunder by its own putrid contents". It's not debauchery for the sake of it, it's "tasteful debauchery" .
1708307324027.png

Reactions: ename144

thememeguy123

Nov 19, 2023
so if anyone can help me out here please, I checked the walkthrough (its complicated af tbh) and tried multiple times to get to the mina romance path (the park scene) but i just cant get there maybe its my ape brain doing something naturally but its actually considered cheating on mina? pretty sure i avoided everything even let killian fuck rose which i of course if possible would avoid by any means. can someone tell me the exact choices that matter in that regard or point me to an older post explaining

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
so if anyone can help me out here please, I checked the walkthrough (its complicated af tbh) and tried multiple times to get to the mina romance path (the park scene) but i just cant get there maybe its my ape brain doing something naturally but its actually considered cheating on mina? pretty sure i avoided everything even let killian fuck rose which i of course if possible would avoid by any means. can someone tell me the exact choices that matter in that regard or point me to an older post explaining
1) After conducting the Week 1 Carnation interviews, and leaving the club, Mina will ask if you will accompany her shopping. You must accept in order to gain "on Mina's Path" otherwise it looks like you will skip some critical scenes.
2) This tag is needed to get the scene where after Mina finds out about Killian's infidelity, you can comfort her.
3) You also need be on her path in order to get a scene with her, you, and Sora ar the arcade (following Felicia's Week 2 photo shoot), followed by a scene in her apartment where you can officially become lovers, or help her with her sex bucket list (a "fucket list"?). After your decision, you either push her to break up with Killian soon, or let her decide how fast to do it.
4) The guide doesn't say, but I would imagine you also need to widdle "Mina-Killian relationship" down to "0" in order to get to the point where she chooses to break up with Killian.

4.90 star(s) 474 Votes