Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Does anyone think Ian's mom will ever be a fuckable/lewd scene character? That dream got me hopeful :unsure:
It might be possible that Grace, Ian´s mom, will become "lewd" since we can make a deal with her to get Ian back into university.
But I would vastly prefer that Sophia Lundgren becomes a latecomer LI for several reasons than Grace becoming fuckable! Sophia is an amoral, eccentric genius nerd, who keeps tight control of her feelings and an abstract view of them, but that is something we can work with! Edwin can nerd it with the best!:)
Grace on the other hand is an exceptionally cold person, actually the coldest person in the cast so far and one of the main reasons Ian is as fucked up as he is.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Phase_01

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't know...they certainly set her up for that, but we getting close to the 4th weekend and there is still so much story to conclude on...I'm not sure there is time and space for that.
A week and a half is more than enough in-game time, *if* the characters are willing to go there. The MC clearly would be if we make the right choices. Grace is harder to read, but given how detached she seems to be I could see it happening if she thought it would be done with absolute discretion (and gave her what she wanted).

The real question is what effect it would have on the larger story: we shouldn't spend time on it just to see the MC fuck a new girl, it should have some lasting effect on the MC and/or Killian. There are plenty of ways that could play out, so I do think there are decent odds it will happen.

Now there's no question it will take time to create Grace's scenes if they do happen, and plenty of us (myself included) would prefer to spend that time elsewhere. But as long as it has a bigger impact on the story, I'm perfectly willing to wait and then largely ignore Grace's content when I play. Some branches will appeal to us more than others, which is why it's good to have the choice.

Of course the flip side to that is the devs need to create more content for the same 'length' of game. That's why we should expect development time to get longer as we get closer to the climax of the story. Such is the nature of choices in a game. :confused:

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Didn't she promised help with medical college connections? Or am i misremembering things? :unsure:

Also i don't think sleeping with Ian's mom would help wrap up his story, on the contrary i feel that would serve to add even more drama on Edwin's relationship with him. That is why i think there is not enough time for it with all that is happening.
She did promise that iirc but she is nowhere near the level of Van Doren who could also offer Edwin connections (assuming), and for wrapping up Ian story i meant her being there at all not just having sex with her, I think even if we dont have sex with her and get absolutely nothing we still have to see it resolved because it is a big part of Ians story/possible endings.

Like ename144 says there are several ways it could already go and that is just drawing it out as a flow chart not considering possible complications before

also is the choice to tell Ian about Graces plan locked behind bromance? if it is that just adds more fuel to the "it will for sure happen" (some resolution maybe not a scene) fire

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
She did promise that iirc but she is nowhere near the level of Van Doren who could also offer Edwin connections (assuming), and for wrapping up Ian story i meant her being there at all not just having sex with her, I think even if we dont have sex with her and get absolutely nothing we still have to see it resolved because it is a big part of Ians story/possible endings.

Like ename144 says there are several ways it could already go and that is just drawing it out as a flow chart not considering possible complications before

also is the choice to tell Ian about Graces plan locked behind bromance? if it is that just adds more fuel to the "it will for sure happen" (some resolution maybe not a scene) fire
No, you need Bromance to encourage Ian to self-reflect after the breakup, but there's no requirement to tell him about Grace's deal.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Good news everyone! We got a new dev diary today!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As noted, TD and GIL have talked themselves into creating an impressive 148 statics, 17 animations and 4582 words in the thirteen days since their last reporting date - an average of ~80 statics, 9.2 animations and 2470 words per week. Overall, that brings their average to roughly 96 statics, 3.2 animations and 2200 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Update 4 began. Here are the charts for Week 26:
I said last time that GIL would need to hit an average rate of 7 animations per week to complete the estimated animation totals needed for Felicia's date by the start of March. Well, he turned on the jets and cranked it well past that mark, only to find the target number had jumped up at nearly the same rate. I think we've all been there at some point.

On the plus side, this a very much a first world problem. Spending time on high quality content that clearly has the devs excited is a very good thing for the game as a whole. I'm sure we'll have lots of cool stuff to explore in the new update. The downside, of course, is that we have to wait a little longer for our present to arrive. If the new animation target finally sticks and GIL's supply of stimulants holds out, they could polish off the content a week late and still have a solid shot at releasing the update in March. If their enthusiasm for the scene continues unabated and the target continues to climb, I think it's far more likely we'll see an April release. Not only will it take longer to start the polish/testing phase, but the rapid pace of development makes it more likely there will be glitches that need fixing.

In my (admittedly subjective) experience, it's far safer to bet on the target number climbing than holding steady, so I suspect we're a little further away from the finish line than we were hoping. But it is at least in sight, and I'd much rather the devs make the best product they can rather than cut corners to meet an arbitrary deadline. Felicia and Mina aren't my preferred cups of tea, but they're both fun characters with a lot of interactions that could be explored, so I'm happy to wait and maximize that exploration potential.

Realistically, with the final chapter still ahead this shouldn't be the last time the devs get excited about a big scene, so we might as well get used to waiting a bit extra. We can judge whether the wait was worth it once we've seen the results, but so far TD and GIL have given us no cause for concern on that front.

That said, please don't work GIL to death, TD. We still need him for Hana and Veronica's future content. ;)

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Good news everyone! We got a new dev diary today!

As noted, TD and GIL have talked themselves into creating an impressive 148 statics, 17 animations and 4582 words in the thirteen days since their last reporting date - an average of ~80 statics, 9.2 animations and 2470 words per week. Overall, that brings their average to roughly 96 statics, 3.2 animations and 2200 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Update 4 began. Here are the charts for Week 26:
I said last time that GIL would need to hit an average rate of 7 animations per week to complete the estimated animation totals needed for Felicia's date by the start of March. Well, he turned on the jets and cranked it well past that mark, only to find the target number had jumped up at nearly the same rate. I think we've all been there at some point.

On the plus side, this a very much a first world problem. Spending time on high quality content that clearly has the devs excited is a very good thing for the game as a whole. I'm sure we'll have lots of cool stuff to explore in the new update. The downside, of course, is that we have to wait a little longer for our present to arrive. If the new animation target finally sticks and GIL's supply of stimulants holds out, they could polish off the content a week late and still have a solid shot at releasing the update in March. If their enthusiasm for the scene continues unabated and the target continues to climb, I think it's far more likely we'll see an April release. Not only will it take longer to start the polish/testing phase, but the rapid pace of development makes it more likely there will be glitches that need fixing.

In my (admittedly subjective) experience, it's far safer to bet on the target number climbing than holding steady, so I suspect we're a little further away from the finish line than we were hoping. But it is at least in sight, and I'd much rather the devs make the best product they can rather than cut corners to meet an arbitrary deadline. Felicia and Mina aren't my preferred cups of tea, but they're both fun characters with a lot of interactions that could be explored, so I'm happy to wait and maximize that exploration potential.

Realistically, with the final chapter still ahead this shouldn't be the last time the devs get excited about a big scene, so we might as well get used to waiting a bit extra. We can judge whether the wait was worth it once we've seen the results, but so far TD and GIL have given us no cause for concern on that front.

That said, please don't work GIL to death, TD. We still need him for Hana and Veronica's future content. ;)
So April it is. :cry:

Bro, will ch4 up4 be the biggest update ever (words, renders and animations)?

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
A week and a half is more than enough in-game time, *if* the characters are willing to go there. The MC clearly would be if we make the right choices. Grace is harder to read, but given how detached she seems to be I could see it happening if she thought it would be done with absolute discretion (and gave her what she wanted).

The real question is what effect it would have on the larger story: we shouldn't spend time on it just to see the MC fuck a new girl, it should have some lasting effect on the MC and/or Killian. There are plenty of ways that could play out, so I do think there are decent odds it will happen.

Now there's no question it will take time to create Grace's scenes if they do happen, and plenty of us (myself included) would prefer to spend that time elsewhere. But as long as it has a bigger impact on the story, I'm perfectly willing to wait and then largely ignore Grace's content when I play. Some branches will appeal to us more than others, which is why it's good to have the choice.

Of course the flip side to that is the devs need to create more content for the same 'length' of game. That's why we should expect development time to get longer as we get closer to the climax of the story. Such is the nature of choices in a game. :confused:
The timing issue isn't about the characters, it's about the storytellers, and the pacing of their game. In the last update, they confessed to struggling with how much content they could allow in an in-game day, and it still be "realistic". Their main concern was making too much happen in a single day, so they are cognizant of pacing content across believable time periods, and therefore how long to wait before returning to plot threads (e.g., Rose's loan shark arc pauses for 5-ish days before progressing).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ottoeight

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The timing issue isn't about the characters, it's about the storytellers, and the pacing of their game. In the last update, they confessed to struggling with how much content they could allow in an in-game day, and it still be "realistic". Their main concern was making too much happen in a single day, so they are cognizant pacing content across believable time periods, and therefore how long to wait before returning to plot threads (e.g., Rose's loan shark arc pauses for 5 days-ish before progressing).
You got the point. A day has 24 hrs only, after all. And Edwin needs to sleep, eat, and, most of all, work for the club, too.

But I guess that some players must see our Edwin pal nailing just another totally side character who appeared in 2 scenes only at any cost in spite of the main story and the main characters. They just need it.

Reactions: bo77om

bo77om

Nov 20, 2022
That said, please don't work GIL to death, TD. We still need him for Hana and Veronica's future content.
Amen brother

after the period of inspiration and extensive creative process, usually there could be a creative block/stupor, which will lead to more waiting time between the episodes and/or burnout of the creators.

anyway, just reiterating the qm - GIL, TD, don't work to exhaustion, the AVN world needs y'all

Reactions: ename144

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
So April it is. :cry:

Bro, will ch4 up4 be the biggest update ever (words, renders and animations)?
No, you can kind of see it in the historical charts, but Chapter 4 Update 4 is currently second to Chapter 3 Update 4 in statics and words, and third to Chapter 3 Update 2 (followed by Ch3 Up4) in animations. That's still noteworthy, though, since Ch3 Up4 was an Exhibition update, and Ch3 Up2 was when TD was sidetracked by the real world and GIL spent the time retroactively adding then-new animation technology to the earlier chapters. This is much bigger than normal for a mid-week update.
Will it be able to leapfrog those older updates? Possibly for animations, but I would be surprised if it passed Ch3 Up4 in the other metrics.

The timing issue isn't about the characters, it's about the storytellers, and the pacing of their game. In the last update, they confessed to struggling with how much content they could allow in an in-game day, and it still be "realistic". Their main concern was making too much happen in a single day, so they are cognizant pacing content across believable time periods, and therefore how long to wait before returning to plot threads (e.g., Rose's loan shark arc pauses for 5-ish days before progressing).
I don't disagree with the concern, but as I said, I can see the characters being sufficiently predisposed to the idea that a week is more than enough time to get it done. Grace is still largely a blank slate, and most of what we know is that she's not a great person. We don't need to waste time with a long 'corruption' montage, we just need to reveal that she'd be down for such a thing if the circumstances were right, then instigate those circumstances.

My point is that time isn't a limiting factor here, *if* such a scene fits where the story is going. (If it doesn't, well, it wouldn't matter how long we have left.)

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
It might be heresy, but since a certain other game also is aiming for an update at the end of March and I don't have much time then anyway, I wouldn't be too miffed if the release might move into early April, to be honest. :HideThePain:

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
It might be heresy, but since a certain other game also is aiming for an update at the end of March and I don't have much time then anyway, I wouldn't be too miffed if the release might move into early April, to be honest.
In the case we don't make it, I will direct all hate mail to your inbox. :Kappa:

EDIT: On the subject of Grace, don't take this as a confirmation one way or another, but the magic of making things up in your head is that you can twist things in any direction you want in service of both plot and "plot." Take for example the Alice scene in the last update, wholly unnecessary in the grand scheme of things, but it can be excused as supporting both past and future elements of Ian's development, as well as my boner. That last one being what life is really about.

Last edited:

Nick198

Apr 24, 2021
In the case we don't make it, I will direct all hate mail to your inbox. :Kappa:

EDIT: On the subject of Grace, don't take this as a confirmation one way or another, but the magic of making things up in your head is that you can twist things in any direction you want in service of both plot and "plot." Take for example the Alice scene in the last update, wholly unnecessary in the grand scheme of things, but it can be excused as supporting both past and future elements of Ian's development, as well as my boner. That last one being what life is really about.
Bold, it's still reasonable not to update for so long, right? I want a whip to whip behind you, update me quickly 1709528728175.jpeg

se20299

Oct 18, 2017
To all the NTR haters, if you even have to ask, this game isn't for you. Although this game has no NTR at all, the NTR complainers always have a 10x wider definition that it actually is. Three of the LIs are literal PROSTITUTES. They will do sexual things with other people. Please stop clogging up the thread.

As for the update, we'll just have to make peace with longer waiting times. The jump in scope and quality has been too big for it to stay in the 2-4 month range, and we can safely assume the next update will be 6+ months too. TD and GIL haven't given me cause to doubt them so far, and I'm confident that this update will be a smash hit too. I just hope the game finishes before it reaches Being a DIK level of bloat, because that thing won't be done by 2030.

As for myself, I can only pray for more Vicky content in the upcoming update. Please don't let me and my pickle down, TD.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
To all the NTR haters, if you even have to ask, this game isn't for you. Although this game has no NTR at all, the NTR complainers always have a 10x wider definition that it actually is. Three of the LIs are literal PROSTITUTES. They will do sexual things with other people. Please stop clogging up the thread.

As for the update, we'll just have to make peace with longer waiting times. The jump in scope and quality has been too big for it to stay in the 2-4 month range, and we can safely assume the next update will be 6+ months too. TD and GIL haven't given me cause to doubt them so far, and I'm confident that this update will be a smash hit too. I just hope the game finishes before it reaches Being a DIK level of bloat, because that thing won't be done by 2030.

As for myself, I can only pray for more Vicky content in the upcoming update. Please don't let me and my pickle down, TD.
I hate NTR, but my classification pretty much lines up with cuckold, so I don’t consider PC NTR. The only man really any of the women CHOOSE to fuck/get fucked by IS the MC: Rose initiates the flirt, deal, and "you haven't really been using me like I offered." Veronica demands "satisfaction" if you get her all hot and bothered, and Felicia has a whole non-Club relationship with you, and offers to become your sugar momma. Kathleen can offer "services" that she has clearly not offered to Ian or Darius (or Jacob and Warren, or August and Chuck). Harper volunteered/offered to help with your birthday present (or volunteers a later present), and Dahlia's offer, is more than just "a cover".

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

While i mostly agree with the post i don't think we are in any danger of Pale Carnations going that other game route of one update per year.

Reactions: ename144

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
I have nothing against NTR, but I’m not a fan of them either. My problem is different, it's cuckolding, it's not my style, I usually play some NTR when it's really well implemented, I like Netori the most, I can play NTR when they have an intriguing plot, jealousy, betrayal, cheating. It’s more interesting to play when there is no compulsion or when there are choices. everyone plays what they like, NTR or vanilla and harem...

such disputes cannot be avoided on the f95 site... :WeSmart:

4.90 star(s) 466 Votes