CinderFall201

Feb 5, 2018
And waste a perfectly good test subject? He's just a bit further back in the room so we haven't heard his screams yet :HideThePain:
Personally I think he either A

Escaped and decided to do a new name and face (if that's possible)
B- guy's dead
C: Kathleen basically kidnapped him and went to town BDSM style and given to Sophia

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Simpgor

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Personally I think he either A

Escaped and decided to do a new name and face (if that's possible)
B- guy's dead
C: Kathleen basically kidnapped him and went to town BDSM style and given to Sophia
A: I mean it possible but relies on him knowing someone (outside of the club) that could help him "get out" before kathleen realized he had seen/done whatever he did. The way Ian describes him makes me think that he could "know a guy" the biggest "issue" is it relies on him abandoning the house girl he fell in love with (apparently wanting her to get out was the "thing" he did) but he could just value his life over pussy

B: Boring unless Edwin/Ian/the reader get to see the body/reactions to it imo, we already know that Ian is "less on board" with the whole thing after learning about the bug/van doren/his other friend even if he is never brought up again Ian would still get "less on board" with thngs as they escalate (potentially even more so if he is introspective). IMO reveling his friend was killed just speeds that up

C: I think kathleen could already go to town on him if she wanted? :unsure: Ian mentions that he would let you know if he thought something was dumb but im pretty sure kathleen could just say "assume the postion" and unless he wanted to lose his job (and the house girl) he would? :HideThePain:

What we have now: Kathleen mad at him because blackmail/him talking back/being closer to an "ian" at work than an "Edwin", Kathleen needing people to conduct underground human expierments with van doren/Sophia (sorry turret), The club not being an "offical" place and being one that employees people that would not be "missed" as much or as quickly (He hadnt talked to his mom/family in a long ass time, the house girl was a house girl at an illegal brothel.....), and downright confrimation that someone (female?) is down in a secret part of the club and is beggng to be free'd (or whatever they were screaming about its been a minute). IMO it makes sense for kathleen to get rid of him and she has a way too do it that doesnt invovle leaving the club, and that benifits her other ventures (the drug). Even more so if the person we heard was a feamle since youd want a male just for more data points.

Edit: Didnt Ian mentuon kathleen doing butt stuff with him at some point? :KEK: if she can massage Ian's porstate im sure she could get some random from Hawaii doing whatever she wanted

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
A: I mean it possible but relies on him knowing someone (outside of the club) that could help him "get out" before kathleen realized he had seen/done whatever he did. The way Ian describes him makes me think that he could "know a guy" the biggest "issue" is it relies on him abandoning the house girl he fell in love with (apparently wanting her to get out was the "thing" he did) but he could just value his life over pussy
IIRC the guy got that girl out of the club first as a result of his blackmail, and then disappeared himself a month or so later. In theory there's nothing that'd prevent him from simply heading to where the girl ran to/hid, and live happily ever after. There's no abandoning here.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Simpgor

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
IIRC the guy got that girl out of the club first as a result of his blackmail, and then disappeared himself a month or so later. In theory there's nothing that'd prevent him from simply heading to where the girl ran to/hid, and live happily ever after. There's no abandoning here.
How much of that do we know for sure though (I cant recall)? Like has anybody but Kath confirmed the blackmail? Would the person we heard being experimented on (or whatever) just be a random non mentioned house girl? If there was a month between them that just makes me lean more towards the idea that kath "kidnapped" them, I find it super hard to believe that her/warren couldnt do anything to the guy for a whole month? Like did he have the blackmail on a dead mans switch? :KEK:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
How much of that do we know for sure though (I cant recall)? Like has anybody but Kath confirmed the blackmail? Would the person we heard being experimented on (or whatever) just be a random non mentioned house girl? If there was a month between them that just makes me lean more towards the idea that kath "kidnapped" them, I find it super hard to believe that her/warren couldnt do anything to the guy for a whole month? Like did he have the blackmail on a dead mans switch? :KEK:
I don't think i follow. Why would Kat need to make up a story about being blackmailed, when she could've simply told Edgar instead "the guy just suddenly vanished and we don't know why or where he went". It'd be just as effective cover-up.

And yeah, if the guy had any brains at all then obviously his blackmail would involve a threat that if something happens to him then whatever he's got to blackmail with wouldn't just vanish. I mean, he'd be asking to just get shot in the head on the spot the moment he brought the whole thing up, otherwise.

On the other hand, and to play devil's advocate for a moment, we get these Chekhov's Clips, so to speak, on August's board:

1724705039913.png

1724705052727.png

The one about the skull is dated June 7th. I doubt they're accidental.

Reactions: link18 and Turret

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I don't think i follow. Why would Kat need to make up a story about being blackmailed, when she could've simply told Edgar instead "the guy just suddenly vanished and we don't know why or where he went". It'd be just as effective cover-up.

And yeah, if the guy had any brains at all then obviously his blackmail would involve a threat that if something happens to him then whatever he's got to blackmail with wouldn't just vanish. I mean, he'd be asking to just get shot in the head on the spot the moment he brought the whole thing up, otherwise.
To fuck with Edwin's head? To have Edwin "lower his guard"? Kath does plenty of stuff that is not easy to 100% parse the reason for (why tell Edwin about knowing his mom right out of the gate? why (recetnyl) tell Edwin that she is about to make a gamble that could lose her eveyerthing?)

Do we know how smart he was? Im pretty sure most people in story compare him more with Ian than Edwin and I dont know how he would be able to set something up I feel like that would require forethought otherwise like you said shot in head instantly :KEK:
but from what we know (IMO) he seems more of a romantic (falling in love multiple times, often speaking his mind even if it was bad for him). Its been a minute since I read that part of the story but having replayed the most recent part might be coloring my judgement on top of me forgetting some stuff

Those rivers are in Iowa and PC takes place in Maryland which is ~16 hours away (by car)? I feel like that is a weird amount of time to drive to get rid of a body (or head)? I assume (if it is relevant) that it just washed up there and then nobody saw it until sand "buried" it?

...... I for sure didnt look up "Confluence of Des Moines and Raccoon Rivers" and see that it was a pretty developed area (highways/businesses near) :HideThePain:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022

On the other hand, and to play devil's advocate for a moment, we get these Chekhov's Clips, so to speak, on August's board:

View attachment 3970898

View attachment 3970899

The one about the skull is dated June 7th. I doubt they're accidental.
Yeah, it also would be very anticlimactic if he just left.

We also shouldn't forget that the starting screen looks essentially like it is from a detective game, with Warren as "suspect", a looking glass etc. Sure, that might just be about the illegal club in general, but I would guess that TD wants to go a lot darker here with Edwin uncovering the murder of his predecessor and then having to avoid the same fate maybe?!

Reactions: Bill Temple
4.90 star(s) 484 Votes