VN Ren'Py Paracosmic Reality [v1.8.0 Main] [Jiggly Stone Studios]

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes

How do you feel about sandbox/hybrid-sandbox games? (Pick 1-2)

• I prefer sandbox games above all else.

• I don't mind them if they are done right.

• I generally avoid, but will make exceptions.

• No. Burn em all to the ground.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 9, 2022
Well, I tried Paracosmic Reality (1.8.0) for the first time and I have to say, I LOVE IT! The story is very interesting and the attention to details are great! Character's (LI) are beautiful and the scenes are very well thought out and creative. Plus, I've always been a sucker for neko girls. Hehe...
I'm most DEFENATLY going to keep my eye out for this one! Great work Jiggly Stone and Thank you! :love:

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
I've tried my best to deal with the toxicity the best I can. Clearing up issues, misunderstandings, or aggressive posts via information and patience.

I'm not perfect, I lose my temper from time to time, and sometimes I use a bit of sarcasm. Oh well lol.
Cant fault you for trying, but i can tell you that flagging poor reviews for removal is really over the line, and from your comments it sounds like this is not a one off either. I would advice you to be above such tactics. But thats just me.

I really do hope you keep developing the game so your fans (and future ones) get some (more) lewd content. (y)

GustavoGanz

May 23, 2023
Your game inspires me DEV. I personally enjoy it immensely. For example, I really like the little details like Sylvie jumping through the picture in the background of the scenes or a raven running past the outside of the window ... keep up the good work DEV. (y)
I would be really sad if this game were to get the abandoned TAG at some point.

• Sad
Reactions: Ashira13

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
yeah, i love what little of it there is. can't wait to see more. the nekos are sooo cute :love: i also can the the potential for adding partial sandbox elements to this in the future if you wanted. although i am not fond of it most of the time :) anyways, i would be really sad if this project was abandoned. so keep up the goodwork dev, even if it seems like we are complaining, it isn't meant that way. at least not from me ♥

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
LOL judging by what I have interpreted from what has been said, the dev would have to be dead for the game to be abandoned, just paused or much slower releases if anything.

There is something I can't put my finger on, but I do like Sylvie's tail swishing around.

Reactions: GustavoGanz

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
LOL judging by what I have interpreted from what has been said, the dev would have to be dead for the game to be abandoned, just paused or much slower releases if anything.

There is something I can't put my finger on, but I do like Sylvie's tail swishing around.
i really like the Neko's personalities for some reason. very catlike :giggle:

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Cant fault you for trying, but i can tell you that flagging poor reviews for removal is really over the line, and from your comments it sounds like this is not a one off either. I would advice you to be above such tactics. But thats just me.

I really do hope you keep developing the game so your fans (and future ones) get some (more) lewd content. (y)
Short answer:

Nah, that's not how this works. I don't slave my ass off at an IRL job and then come home to slave my ass off developing a game that gets free public updates, so I can watch my 4.5 star score get dropped because some twat decided to leave a piss ass review that violates the rules, due to their wild ass expectations of what equals good content and what speed it should be released at.

If you worked 40 hours a week, came home and started working your ass off on building a shed in your backyard only to have your neighbor come over bitching about you taking too long to build it and subjectively tacking on that you don't have enough wall mounts for tools and that you've gotta fix that or he'll be upsetty, you'd probably throw a hammer at them lmao.

Analogies aside, I've only flagged a small handful of reviews (6-7ish) across almost 2 years now and only reviews that violated the review/rating rules. The staff of F95z wouldn't have removed the reviews were that any other case.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lastly, thank you for the final remark on your post. I'll keep devving regardless of the twats. It'll be slow, but as I've said many a time, the only way this game is ending prematurely is if I go homeless or 6ft under. People just need to understand that I'm a normal human. I can only do so much with the time that I have. I have emotions that fluctuate, work schedules that shift, and medical issues that do arise from time to time.

If the pace at which I put content out, isn't to someone's tastes, then all I can suggest is to check back in a few months or hell a few years if desired. I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to download my game. I'm not even asking or begging people to join my patreon/substar.

Last edited:

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
Short answer:

Nah, that's not how this works. I don't slave my ass off at an IRL job and then come home to slave my ass off developing a game that gets free public updates, so I can watch my 4.5 star score get dropped because some twat decided to leave a piss ass review due to their wild ass expectations of what equals good content and what speed it should be released at.

If you worked 40 hours a week, came home and started working your ass off on building a shed in your backyard only to have your neighbor come over bitching about you taking too long to build it and subjectively tacking on that you don't have enough wall mounts for tools and that you've gotta fix that or he'll be upsetty, you'd probably throw a hammer at them lmao.

Analogies aside, I've only flagged a small handful of reviews (6-7ish) across almost 2 years now and only reviews that violated the review/rating rules. The staff of F95z wouldn't have removed the reviews were that any other case.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lastly, thank you for the final remark on your post. I'll keep devving regardless of the twats. It'll be slow, but as I've said many a time, the only way this game is ending prematurely is if I go homeless or 6ft under. People just need to understand that I'm a normal human. I can only do so much with the time that I have. I have emotions that fluctuate, work schedules that shift, and medical issues that do arise from time to time.

If the pace at which I put content out, isn't to someone's tastes, then all I can suggest is to check back in a few months or hell a few years if desired. I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to download my game. I'm not even asking or begging people to join my patreon/substar.
i really hope you release it on steam one day. would love to support you. :giggle: :love:

ThatGuyWho

Jun 8, 2020
You probably enjoy the sense of motion that it gives to the scene. This is something that JigglyStone does that I like a lot. There is basically a new still every 2 lines of dialogue and this helps keep the scenes fresh while giving that nice and lifelike movement feel.

Short but nice update to keep the game fresh in my head. I had forgotten how beautiful the characters are.

Hope you can sort things out and find more time to work on it, mate.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
i really hope you release it on steam one day. would love to support you. :giggle: :love:
Very soon actually! I've already paid the $100 steam fee to upload it xD I'm just foreheading my way through all of the store page setup. It'll also be coming to Itch.IO, however, as a heads up, itch.io is really tight on their storage size limitations, so there could potentially be a point in time where the game outsized what Itch is willing to support. At which point, I'd just offer steam keys to everyone who buys on Itch.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
You probably enjoy the sense of motion that it gives to the scene. This is something that JigglyStone does that I like a lot. There is basically a new still every 2 lines of dialogue and this helps keep the scenes fresh while giving that nice and lifelike movement feel.

Short but nice update to keep the game fresh in my head. I had forgotten how beautiful the characters are.

I'm glad you've noticed it xD it's something that is a bit of a balance that drives me bonkers lmao. I can't stand playing AVNs where the characters are holding paragraphs of dialogue with 2-3 renders across it. Even if it's just minor movements, the little movements are what brings the big things to life! :3

Hopefully things "should" be clearing up towards next month. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you guys in the loop on how things go.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Your game inspires me DEV. I personally enjoy it immensely. For example, I really like the little details like Sylvie jumping through the picture in the background of the scenes or a raven running past the outside of the window ... keep up the good work DEV. (y)
I would be really sad if this game were to get the abandoned TAG at some point.
Havik hit it on the head. I've stated several times that this game is being developed more for my sake than yours. I find developing it therapeutic and enjoyable, while utilizing it to learn all sorts of skills. Meshing, UV/model painting, world design, character design, store/lore design, scripting, and so on. I've also had to pleasure to really get to dive my head deep into what makes people "people". The little things. Hand movements, posturing, speech quicks/impediments, the physical movements and limitations of joints, how to hit and avoid the uncanny valley, and so much more! xD

Something quite serious would have to happen for me to let this game go untouched.

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
Very soon actually! I've already paid the $100 steam fee to upload it xD I'm just foreheading my way through all of the store page setup. It'll also be coming to Itch.IO, however, as a heads up, itch.io is really tight on their storage size limitations, so there could potentially be a point in time where the game outsized what Itch is willing to support. At which point, I'd just offer steam keys to everyone who buys on Itch.
thats great to hear :) will buy it on steam even in early access. about itch. i thought they denied any new material containing anything adult related now? some they even removed the nsfw tag from direct selection on search. some older developers can't sell their games any more. giving stuff away for free on the other hand. just a heads up just in case. :)

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
yeah, i love what little of it there is. can't wait to see more. the nekos are sooo cute :love: i also can the the potential for adding partial sandbox elements to this in the future if you wanted. although i am not fond of it most of the time :) anyways, i would be really sad if this project was abandoned. so keep up the goodwork dev, even if it seems like we are complaining, it isn't meant that way. at least not from me ♥
Nah, you're fine. I'm usually fairly decent about determining who's being a twat and who's not xD. Mind you, there's always the occasional slip-up and I'm more than willing to apologize to those I've wronged. I'm not here to make any enemies.

As for the sandbox stuff, it's something I'm considering but I'm not sure yet.

On one hand, it'd help me easily inflate the size of the game, making it feel larger overall. Give people more meat to chew into while also allowing me to modularly add chunks into the game.

The big con is that people have a bad taste in their mouths from previous sandbox games that were built like shit.

So if I do end up going the sandbox route, I'd likely go very light on it. Something that would give the players a sense of ability to explore and discover things and I'd do my best to avoid the whole "Speak to so n so on X day, at X day, and have X $$$." bullshit. Understandably, there would need to be some system that allowed me to space out events so they happened in a logical order. In those situations, I'd try and make it as easy and clear as possible so that it felt natural to progress to that point, rather than needing to constantly check a walkthrough or in-game phone icon.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
thats great to hear :) will buy it on steam even in early access. about itch. i thought they denied any new material containing anything adult related now? some they even removed the nsfw tag from direct selection on search. some older developers can't sell their games any more. giving stuff away for free on the other hand. just a heads up just in case. :)
Had no idea about this. I'll have to do some research into it. Thank you for letting me know.

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
Nah, you're fine. I'm usually fairly decent about determining who's being a twat and who's not xD. Mind you, there's always the occasional slip-up and I'm more than willing to apologize to those I've wronged. I'm not here to make any enemies.

As for the sandbox stuff, it's something I'm considering but I'm not sure yet.

On one hand, it'd help me easily inflate the size of the game, making it feel larger overall. Give people more meat to chew into while also allowing me to modularly add chunks into the game.

The big con is that people have a bad taste in their mouths from previous sandbox games that were built like shit.

So if I do end up going the sandbox route, I'd likely go very light on it. Something that would give the players a sense of ability to explore and discover things and I'd do my best to avoid the whole "Speak to so n so on X day, at X day, and have X $$$." bullshit. Understandably, there would need to be some system that allowed me to space out events so they happened in a logical order. In those situations, I'd try and make it as easy and clear as possible so that it felt natural to progress to that point, rather than needing to constantly check a walkthrough or in-game phone icon.
sometimes it is just fun to explore the surroundings a little. maybe throw in a few random "repeatable" events. like neko girl jumpscares :p fun stuff. not everything has to be purely sexual :)

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
sometimes it is just fun to explore the surroundings a little. maybe throw in a few random "repeatable" events. like neko girl jumpscares :p fun stuff. not everything has to be purely sexual :)
Yeee :p

Also, I'm not finding anything specifically stating that Itch.io doesn't allow NSFW content. Can you please look around on your end and see if you can find anything that stands out as a definitive "No lewds allowed"?

Also, are you sure that you're not thinking of Gumroad? I know they just recently banned all NSFW content and people were flocking to itch.io for sanctuary.

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
Yeee :p

Also, I'm not finding anything specifically stating that Itch.io doesn't allow NSFW content. Can you please look around on your end and see if you can find anything that stands out as a definitive "No lewds allowed"?

Also, are you sure that you're not thinking of Gumroad? I know they just recently banned all NSFW content and people were flocking to itch.io for sanctuary.
had to use Copilot to help me find the info.

"Itch.io hasn’t outright banned adult content, but they’ve made significant changes that affect how adult games are sold on their platform. . .

If you’re a developer or a user interested in adult content, you might find it more challenging to navigate these new rules. ."

Reactions: ArhraCole

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
had to use Copilot to help me find the info.

"Itch.io hasn’t outright banned adult content, but they’ve made significant changes that affect how adult games are sold on their platform. . .

If you’re a developer or a user interested in adult content, you might find it more challenging to navigate these new rules. ."
Ahhhh, that makes sense. Shouldn't be an issue either. Substar is already and Steam will be direct payment as well, so I'm not really fussed lol.

Thank you for letting me know though! :3

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019

Or it cute and girly and pee pee like cute and girly.:LOL:

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes