VN Ren'Py Paracosmic Reality [v1.8.0 Main] [Jiggly Stone Studios]

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes

How do you feel about sandbox/hybrid-sandbox games? (Pick 1-2)

• I prefer sandbox games above all else.

• I don't mind them if they are done right.

• I generally avoid, but will make exceptions.

• No. Burn em all to the ground.

Results are only viewable after voting.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Finished my first play through, amazingly sweet and cute. I get the feel it's going to have perfect blend of wholesome and pervy. Wish there was more content. I love all the girls, but I think one could nearly be tricked into thinking Orra is the reall MC of the game, everything so far seem designed to make her happy. Just look at all the cute kittens she gets to play with!!

I know girl on girl scenes can be contentious in a lot of games and threads, but I hope there'll be threesomes etc in the game. Orra gives off really strong bisexual energy, and I could see a good few of the others being bi too.

Also, something I'd really like is if some of the girls have hairy pussys, and not for all the girls to be shaved.

Anyway, really enjoyed what's there and looking forward to more

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
You don't always refer to your friends in online chats by their real/usernames. Something you call them shorthand names. Dude, Bro, Bitch, Cunt (ok maybe I hang with aussies too much xD) but you get my point.
sure, it works for friends, but i don't see how it's viable for a main LI, i don't want my girl to call me dude, bro, bitch, cunt, that guy or big dick femboy midget, if this are alternatives - i'll stick with just a name, thanks
wanna more familiar approach - define separate nickname for MC what player can type in and LIs will be using on occasion, many devs do so, along with nicknames for LIs

also, critique - there are such things like "exposition" and "world building", you can really use some in your game, dev
it helps setup characters, logic of their actions and understanding limits and possibilities of the world around them, so there wouldn't be questions like - why no one gives a fuck about sudden 1000yo girl, magically appearing mansion, what's the deal with all the weird races and what else happening in this world... main characters' backstories can use some filling too

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Finished my first play through, amazingly sweet and cute. I get the feel it's going to have perfect blend of wholesome and pervy. Wish there was more content. I love all the girls, but I think one could nearly be tricked into thinking Orra is the reall MC of the game, everything so far seem designed to make her happy. Just look at all the cute kittens she gets to play with!!

I know girl on girl scenes can be contentious in a lot of games and threads, but I hope there'll be threesomes etc in the game. Orra gives off really strong bisexual energy, and I could see a good few of the others being bi too.

Also, something I'd really like is if some of the girls have hairy pussys, and not for all the girls to be shaved.

Anyway, really enjoyed what's there and looking forward to more
Took ya long enough!

• Haha
Reactions: Pgsurprise

Pgsurprise

Nov 27, 2022
sure, it works for friends, but i don't see how it's viable for a main LI, i don't want my girl to call me dude, bro, bitch, cunt, that guy or big dick femboy midget, if this are alternatives - i'll stick with just a name, thanks
wanna more familiar approach - define separate nickname for MC what player can type in and LIs will be using on occasion, many devs do so, along with nicknames for LIs

also, critique - there are such things like "exposition" and "world building", you can really use some in your game, dev
it helps setup characters, logic of their actions and understanding limits and possibilities of the world around them, so there wouldn't be questions like - why no one gives a fuck about sudden 1000yo girl, magically appearing mansion, what's the deal with all the weird races and what else happening in this world... main characters' backstories can use some filling too
Sometimes world building takes time. And authors approach with different paces from long chunks at the beginning to slowly over time. This one may be too slow for your liking, which is valid. But, it seems to me that the author knows what world building is. Also, considering how short the story is so far, I'm not even sure it's that slow.

As for the 1000 yr old girl, someone gives him a mansion with the caveat to take care of the girl. Then she ends up being cute as hell.

Also, it's funny too me. Of all the mysteries so far, she is the last on my list of confusion. Random letter gives MC a random magic mansion? Deliver a letter to a random woman and she kinda upends her life?

gambit1337

Jan 7, 2021
Game looks great so far, renders are amazing, character design is a big plus too, not falling into the common pitfalls of other games. - variety is the spice of life.

One thing I'm not sure about is how every one just goes "Huh, ok then" when the inherited house turns into a modern mansion. They barely address it at all, shouldn't there be some reaction, conversation or exposition on this? -unless magic is just part of everyday life, didn't feel like that was the case during my playthrough though.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Game looks great so far, renders are amazing, character design is a big plus too, not falling into the common pitfalls of other games. - variety is the spice of life.

One thing I'm not sure about is how every one just goes "Huh, ok then" when the inherited house turns into a modern mansion. They barely address it at all, shouldn't there be some reaction, conversation or exposition on this? -unless magic is just part of everyday life, didn't feel like that was the case during my playthrough though.
They do question it, then Orra points out how they all meet a 1000 year old girl the day before. And there was all the magic with the black envelope.

Honestly, with everything that happen over the two or so days, I think there was a helping of "this might as well happen" too.

As for magic in general, I'd say fantasy species are somewhat common but magic itself is either not real or incredibly rare

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018

Excuse my bluntness, but are you fuckin serious? xD

So first off, I'll give you some credit where due. There's a lot in my game that's currently up in the air. Lot of questions, not a lot of answers. Where I'm going to call you an idiot, is the fact that you ragged on me for needing some "exposition" and "world-building", but refused to acknowledge the exposition and world-building that exists within the game...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To final off, answers in the game are coming very soon with the introduction of a new character that's way more in the know about what has been going on. She doesn't have all the answers but has enough to catch everyone up to speed a fair bit.

I'm not THE pinnacle of storytelling but don't sit there, trying to act like Mr. know-it-all, saying that my story lacks exposition and world-building. Is it the best? Not by miles BUT it does exist. I'm a first-time dev that woke up with this desire to create something a few years ago and put it into action. Cut me some slack and if you think you can do better, by all means, do it.

If it sounds like I'm coming across like a bit of an ass, it's because I am. It's not very warming to have someone offer a replacement script undermining some of the context of the game in one hand and badgering me for not having any in the other hand. I didn't act like a dick in my original response. Quite to opposite, I offered a suggestion to better your script replacement in a way that doesn't break context between arguably the two most important characters in the game. Inturn, you spat in my face.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
They do question it, then Orra points out how they all meet a 1000 year old girl the day before. And there was all the magic with the black envelope.

Honestly, with everything that happen over the two or so days, I think there was a helping of "this might as well happen" too.

As for magic in general, I'd say fantasy species are somewhat common but magic itself is either not real or incredibly rare
Nailed this on the head pretty much.

There's a point where when you start adding it all up, you start to stop questioning what happens next.

There will be "magic" in the game but it'll almost always be taking a more sciencey approach. Like some Fae creatures possessing mind reading or flying as a biological trait. An artifact tha emits traceable energy that's local to the fae world but not our own. There's always going to be some sort of system behind it all that may or may not be fully explained at the time. I have plans for the stuff but might not always reveal them xD sometimes it just comes down to my wondering how something would logically/realistically work and keeping that in my back pocket. I don't much like things that are just chalked up to magic and left at that. I want there to be some explanation for it, even if I don't ever disclose it.

Last edited:

Kvo the Android

Mar 14, 2023
I see people complaining about the look of MC, how's he's too small, too feminine etc while i think its cool he doesn't look like a generic mcman like every other harem game, I like tall women so a game with a shorter MC that isn't a shota or in a game that's about feminization is a breath of fresh air

Last edited:

fitzjmm

Mar 23, 2022
Excuse my bluntness, but are you fuckin serious? xD

So first off, I'll give you some credit where due. There's a lot in my game that's currently up in the air. Lot of questions, not a lot of answers. Where I'm going to call you an idiot, is the fact that you ragged on me for needing some "exposition" and "world-building", but refused to acknowledge the exposition and world-building that exists within the game...

To final off, answers in the game are coming very soon with the introduction of a new character that's way more in the know about what has been going on. She doesn't have all the answers but has enough to catch everyone up to speed a fair bit.

I'm not THE pinnacle of storytelling but don't sit there, trying to act like Mr. know-it-all, saying that my story lacks exposition and world-building. Is it the best? Not by miles BUT it does exist. I'm a first-time dev that woke up with this desire to create something a few years ago and put it into action. Cut me some slack and if you think you can do better, by all means, do it.

If it sounds like I'm coming across like a bit of an ass, it's because I am. It's not very warming to have someone offer a replacement script undermining some of the context of the game in one hand and badgering me for not having any in the other hand. I didn't act like a dick in my original response. Quite to opposite, I offered a suggestion to better your script replacement in a way that doesn't break context between arguably the two most important characters in the game. Inturn, you spat in my face.

Your story rocks. You do you and don't let the trolls get to you. Really....this is one of my new favorite games and just keep following your vision.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes