ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
All of mine is checked off except visiting Bethe's apartment when she and June are going at it. I'll ask again - how do I get there?
OK, check out the window late at night. When you see them getting it on, leave the apartment and walk over to their building (the one where Butch stands near the door). Go to second floor and into hallway. Knock on door on right.

If that doesn't solve the puzzle, please let me know what is happening when you try. You do have to see the girls in action before running over there.

Reactions: BobN290

Pilat

Oct 25, 2019
Hello, I seem to have a few problems in 0.84. In the nudist beach sequence where I get Butch to help me blackmail mr Stones, the game doesn't seem to register that I went to my buddy in the photo studio to take the film for the camera. I do things in the following order: the right day comes up, I talk to Butch right away, he responds that he will be at the nudist club, I go to my bedroom, grab the camera, go to the nudist club, undress, make Butch disappear with mr Stones in the woods, I find them, my character makes the comment about lacking the film, I go to the photo studio, my friend gives me the film, I go back to the beach and when I find them, my character again makes a comment that he's out of film (if I make it in time). I tried changing when I go for the film (to Dex, I think that's the guy's name), but everytime I either end up in an endless cycle of receiving a film but getting text that oh crap I can't take the photo, or Dex doesn't have the dialogue about giving me the film as if I asked for it too early. I'm way past all Butch's comments about mr Stones' huge...tool. But I'm stuck in some erratic circle. Am I misunderstanding something?

Another thing is with the guitar performance when I try to get the redhead dancer to the audition in Top Hat. Even right after guitar training when I see the message about earning the guitar hero badge, the badge doesn't appear in my notebook, contrary to smooth talker badge or wad of cash. And when I get to the audition to play the guitar in the club, I always fail (there are only 2 text choices: pc and mobile, no minigame for now, right?). I even tried timing my visit to Top Hat right after seeing the notification that I earned Guitar Hero ( I think once I "max" my guitar, the badge notification appears every 4 practices or so?), but it gives the same result, I always fail the guitar performance, the club owner is disappointed.

I'm playing on Windows version downloaded from here, and on Windows 7. Not sure what else is relevant software/hardware-wise

Reactions: ParadiseLofts

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Hello, I seem to have a few problems in 0.84. In the nudist beach sequence where I get Butch to help me blackmail mr Stones, the game doesn't seem to register that I went to my buddy in the photo studio to take the film for the camera. I do things in the following order: the right day comes up, I talk to Butch right away, he responds that he will be at the nudist club, I go to my bedroom, grab the camera, go to the nudist club, undress, make Butch disappear with mr Stones in the woods, I find them, my character makes the comment about lacking the film, I go to the photo studio, my friend gives me the film, I go back to the beach and when I find them, my character again makes a comment that he's out of film (if I make it in time). I tried changing when I go for the film (to Dex, I think that's the guy's name), but everytime I either end up in an endless cycle of receiving a film but getting text that oh crap I can't take the photo, or Dex doesn't have the dialogue about giving me the film as if I asked for it too early. I'm way past all Butch's comments about mr Stones' huge...tool. But I'm stuck in some erratic circle. Am I misunderstanding something?

Another thing is with the guitar performance when I try to get the redhead dancer to the audition in Top Hat. Even right after guitar training when I see the message about earning the guitar hero badge, the badge doesn't appear in my notebook, contrary to smooth talker badge or wad of cash. And when I get to the audition to play the guitar in the club, I always fail (there are only 2 text choices: pc and mobile, no minigame for now, right?). I even tried timing my visit to Top Hat right after seeing the notification that I earned Guitar Hero ( I think once I "max" my guitar, the badge notification appears every 4 practices or so?), but it gives the same result, I always fail the guitar performance, the club owner is disappointed.

I'm playing on Windows version downloaded from here, and on Windows 7. Not sure what else is relevant software/hardware-wise
Thanks for all this great info. I think I'll code a bypass for the guitar game just in case this crops up for folks. Is it possible you can provide a save file? I dont have the guitar hero badge coded to display, I don't thinhk. I'll check into it tomorrow, regardless, your skill should still be 10/10.

In regards to Greg challenge, a save file would really help there, too. Try picking up the film without talking to Dex. Also, if you fail the challenge but already got the film, just wait til the next sunday or wednesday and ask butch again. You don't have to go back to the photo place to get film, if you already did it once. If this ISN'T working though, then yeah, somehow must not be triggering?? I have never seen or heard of this bug before.

Do you know how to pull a save file? That would help a lot here.

Thanks!

Pilat

Oct 25, 2019
Okay, so after your comment I tried again and instead of picking up the film from the shelf, I was asking Dex and nothing else - that's why I was constantly missing the film. When I picked it up, I got progress with Stones' line.

But now that Rita offers buttsex, the game hangs indefinitely on the sex scene as soon as I click on anything, be it the in-scene navigation buttons in top left, or for example Skip button at the bottom, or inside the..progress bar?. Surprisingly when I relaunch the game after this hang, I get Rita's scene on the Post-Penny board. But when I open the scene from there I get the same behaviour as described. EDIT: although in the to-do list the visit to Rita isn't crossed out.

Retried the Beth's audition thing and I'm positive I always fail it.
I'm not sure which save file is which slot, so I'm just attaching the whole saves folder. My last save is the top left one. Also attaching the error log from Rita's sex scene and the screenshot from guitar game just so it's clear which moment I'm talking about.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Okay, so after your comment I tried again and instead of picking up the film from the shelf, I was asking Dex and nothing else - that's why I was constantly missing the film. When I picked it up, I got progress with Stones' line.

But now that Rita offers buttsex, the game hangs indefinitely on the sex scene as soon as I click on anything, be it the in-scene navigation buttons in top left, or for example Skip button at the bottom, or inside the..progress bar?. Surprisingly when I relaunch the game after this hang, I get Rita's scene on the Post-Penny board. But when I open the scene from there I get the same behaviour as described. EDIT: although in the to-do list the visit to Rita isn't crossed out.

I'm not sure which save file is which slot, so I'm just attaching the whole saves folder. My last save is the top left one. Also attaching the error log from Rita's sex scene and the screenshot from guitar game just so it's clear which moment I'm talking about.
Thanks for all this. I'll dig deep into it tonight and resolve any issues I find. Appreciated!

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019

I installed your saves and recorded the gameplay at the Top Hat. I can't replicate your error. Can you look at this and tell me what you might be doing differently? First I have ever heard of your bug, so definitely wanna discover it, if I can. Thanks!

I think I have an idea what it could be, though.

Pilat

Oct 25, 2019
The minigame never shows up for me. Right after I select anything on the "phone/pc or tablet" thing, I go straight to angry Freddie and booing sounds back in the club's "main room". But I do the same steps as you do before the minigame, then again there isn't really much to do since it's clicking through dialogue.

Does Rita's scene run smoothly for you from my save?

EDIT: I'm adding the log file right after the failed audition.

Last edited:

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
The minigame never shows up for me. Right after I select anything on the "phone/pc or tablet" thing, I go straight to angry Freddie and booing sounds back in the club's "main room". But I do the same steps as you do before the minigame, then again there isn't really much to do since it's clicking through dialogue.

Does Rita's scene run smoothly for you from my save?

EDIT: I'm adding the log file right after the failed audition.
Everything runs smoothly on this end. I'm gonna try to recreate your errors best I can. Do me a favor, though. Try "slowing down" when playing these. Wait for the target icons to come up, and then take your time clicking them. Let me know if this changes anything. Also, with Rita, you can click the progress bar, and it will instantly hide the bar and open the finishing sequence option, if you want. You can always click in the bar area again, to bring it back up. You do not have to spam-click or anything wiuth Rita. It's just pick the magnifying glass to zoom in/out, pull hair, etc. Based on your actions the bar may speed up, but no timing or fast clicking needed. The only way it wouldn't run smoothly (on my end) is if I am spamming the mouse button. It will keep resetting the animation when doing that

Pilat

Oct 25, 2019
After your post about slowing down I tried messing with Preferences and it seems that only when I have "Skip Transitions" selected, the issues I have described happen. If I don't check Skip Transitions in Preferences, everything is alright for Rita and the guitar minigame. This is regardless of how fast I'm letting the next frame of text or scene appear, but this time I waited a few seconds after the text was fully displayed, all animations appeared etc.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
After your post about slowing down I tried messing with Preferences and it seems that only when I have "Skip Transitions" selected, the issues I have described happen. If I don't check Skip Transitions in Preferences, everything is alright for Rita and the guitar minigame. This is regardless of how fast I'm letting the next frame of text or scene appear, but this time I waited a few seconds after the text was fully displayed, all animations appeared etc.
Thanks for letting me know this. I may have to tweak some preferences options, but I'll see what I can do!

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
You get exactly one opportunity for an introduction to Austin, and if you miss that he's permanently unavailable?
That is incorrect. After meeting him the first time (no matter how far you get with him on the first convo), go to his third floor apartment in the afternoon or evening and he is sometimes available (to cheat it, you can back out of the hall and back in, if he doesn't answer, until he does, but it's like 50/50 chance I believe). You can pick up the conversation there. You'll also be able to go back for more info on others that he has knowledge about, when it is applicable.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
I'm getting "I have no reason to go inside right now." at every time of the day.
Hmm, ok. Let me make sure I understand what's happening. Has Polly introduced Austin to you yet? And this may seem like a dumb question, but which building are you in? Be sure it's the one where Butch stands in front of the door. If you're still having trouble after that, I might need to see a save file if possible

3DbPNuRHhpW

Jan 19, 2019
No introduction has happened (because I missed the only chance).

It's the right building; I get "That must be the door to Austin's penthouse." just before "I have no reason to go inside right now."

Save file attached to my previous post.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019

It's the right building; I get "That must be the door to Austin's penthouse." just before "I have no reason to go inside right now."

If you missed Austin this way, wait until after Day 12. Polly will introduce you to him then. However, you do have to have a decent relationship with Polly. Make sure you have at least helped with her garden a couple times. That string of code is in the version you are playing, so if that doesn't work, please let me know.

By the way, there's about a 1 in 3 chance Polly will have Austin with her after Day 12. Just keep circling around until he pops up.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019

Shit, nevermind. I just found a flaw in the code. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll have it fixed in the next update.

Reactions: 3DbPNuRHhpW
4.20 star(s) 13 Votes