RAP3R

Sep 23, 2018
That sounds somehow like a big "you" problem to me.
I played both PL1 and PL2 as native Linux program and via wine/proton.
Moving game state between instances can be quite a PITA but it's doable.
I didn't ask to be made fun of, I asked for help.

If anyone had those issues before, I play on PC, the 64 bit ver, then please tell me how you fixed it. And if not, but you have an idea as to WHAT is causing it, then please share.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah...Help.

To explain, when I try to play the game, it seems mighty glitched and buggy. I thought that, at first, this was just for Paradise Lust 2, given its fresh status and needing some bugs worked out, but when I tried to play the latest content on the first, I encountered the same bugs and glitches. I am talking about the inventory screen flashing like mad, buttons not working or taking me to the wrong screens, being unable to scroll in the sketch tab, unable to play the Strpr App as it takes me to profiles, and so on. The game is unplayable, and I need help to figure out if this is either an issue with the current state of the game itself, or something on my end.

And no, I already deleted my Game Data to get rid of the saves in case that had something to do with it, and no change. It's ok, though, as I do not mind playing through the entire game again. Still...Someone help.
That's a new one. Could you get me the player.log file, I'll have a look.

It's here:

Savegame Paths:
Windows: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/FlexibleMedia/Paradise Lust
OSX:
Saves: ~/Library/Application Support/FlexibleMedia/Paradise Lust
Log file: ~/Library/Logs/FlexibleMedia/Paradise Lust

Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/FlexibleMedia/Paradise Lust

RAP3R

Sep 23, 2018

It's here:

Savegame Paths:
OSX:

At once! Thank you, so much for taking the time to help me with this. I will re-download the game, and if the issue is still here, I will make another post with the file right away.

RAP3R

Sep 23, 2018

It's here:

Savegame Paths:
OSX:

Is this it?

Sorry if things are slow or messy, first time dealing with such a big issue. I am no tech magician or code expert, so asking for help is all I can do.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is this it?

Sorry if things are slow or messy, first time dealing with such a big issue. I am no tech magician or code expert, so asking for help is all I can do.
Quick answer, something is fucking with your ability to access the save-games.

If I were to guess, you've recently reinstalled windows, and now all your user data files (C:/Users/username/AppData) are read-only. Every time it tries to save (for example when you start a conversation), it runs into an exception, so it's chaotic.

Make sure you're logged in as an administrator.
Go to C:/Users/, find the folder with your account name
Click the "Security" tab in the Property box.
Click the "Advanced" option to the right of the table.
Choose the "Change" button next to the Owner.
Click the "Advanced" option to open the "Choose User or Group" dialog.
Add your user to the owner list.

It should hopefully now work.

It's a genuinely stupid MS design issue,

rednova2009

Jan 5, 2018
Is there a way to get past the Bungalow but during the 'Let's split up gang' quest?
I've searched and the only solution is the get an older build which is no longer accessible.
Failing that maybe someone has a save just past that point?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is there a way to get past the Bungalow but during the 'Let's split up gang' quest?
I've searched and the only solution is the get an older build which is no longer accessible.
Failing that maybe someone has a save just past that point?
Could you explain the problem you're having, and we'll see if we can fix it.

rednova2009

Jan 5, 2018
Could you explain the problem you're having, and we'll see if we can fix it.
Thanks for helping.

So I've got to the quest 'Let's split up, gang' where I need to search for 3 clues.
Found the first 2 but the 3rd is not in any of the areas I can get to.
Also when I do try to reach the bungalows area left of the split path area, the MC only repeats that someone may like to live up there, even though I've got all of the females at the maximum level I can at this point.

This is the furthest I can go.

Edit:
This originally occurred way back when I first discovered the Ridge area but I assumed it was due to not progressing far enough.

Last edited:

RAP3R

Sep 23, 2018
Quick answer, something is fucking with your ability to access the save-games.

If I were to guess, you've recently reinstalled windows, and now all your user data files (C:/Users/username/AppData) are read-only. Every time it tries to save (for example when you start a conversation), it runs into an exception, so it's chaotic.

Make sure you're logged in as an administrator.
Go to C:/Users/, find the folder with your account name
Click the "Security" tab in the Property box.
Click the "Advanced" option to the right of the table.
Choose the "Change" button next to the Owner.
Click the "Advanced" option to open the "Choose User or Group" dialog.
Add your user to the owner list.

It should hopefully now work.

It's a genuinely stupid MS design issue,
That's the thing, I didn't re-install my windows. However, is it possible that a Windows Update can have the same effect?

RAP3R

Sep 23, 2018
That's the thing, I didn't re-install my windows. However, is it possible that a Windows Update can have the same effect?
Welp, I did as you instructed, but nothing has changed. I even made sure the AppData file was not read-only, and even made the specific Paradise Lust file NOT read-only in case that did something. Nothing. The game is still freaking out like crazy.

I decided to delete the Paradise Lust file, as said before, I don't mind starting anew. However, that didn't help any. It seemed to help, at first, as I no longer had the Quest Tab pop up during the start of the game, but once in the game, when I accessed it, it clearly was still fucky. Inventory too, is flashy as all hell!

I checked the log, and although no genius in coding, I found those lines.

The referenced script (paradise.ToolSet) on this Behaviour is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Tools') is missing!

By this point, I feel like this issue, if I am not the only one having it, needs some serious looking into. Cuz, as said, I did not re-install my windows, but did have updates. Perhaps one such update caused this? But if so, wouldn't that mean other people might run into this issue as well?

Last edited:

Mattress

Sep 24, 2017
As an Italian, it's really fun to see Andrea speak broken Italian. :KEK: The name Andrea is practically only used for boys here, like my brother. (Actually, that's the only character name I changed).

Reactions: aaronburr and Ale3

RAP3R

Sep 23, 2018
As an Italian, it's really fun to see Andrea speak broken Italian. :KEK: The name Andrea is practically only used for boys here, like my brother. (Actually, that's the only character name I changed).
Andrea is mostly a guy name in Italy? Didn't know that. Also, thought she was mostly speaking broken english with hints of Italian sprinkled in.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Keep in mind that the developers aren't Italian and in the rest of the world, Andrea is more often used as a female name.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Welp, I did as you instructed, but nothing has changed. I even made sure the AppData file was not read-only, and even made the specific Paradise Lust file NOT read-only in case that did something. Nothing. The game is still freaking out like crazy.

I decided to delete the Paradise Lust file, as said before, I don't mind starting anew. However, that didn't help any. It seemed to help, at first, as I no longer had the Quest Tab pop up during the start of the game, but once in the game, when I accessed it, it clearly was still fucky. Inventory too, is flashy as all hell!

I checked the log, and although no genius in coding, I found those lines.

The referenced script (paradise.ToolSet) on this Behaviour is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Tools') is missing!

By this point, I feel like this issue, if I am not the only one having it, needs some serious looking into. Cuz, as said, I did not re-install my windows, but did have updates. Perhaps one such update caused this? But if so, wouldn't that mean other people might run into this issue as well?
The referenced script stuff is irrelevant, it's just editor only scripts that aren't included in the game. The thing to look at is the

Exception System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\[name]\AppData\LocalLow\FlexibleMedia\Paradise Lust\system.sav

Basically every time it touches the save files (which it does quite a lot, tracking auto-saves, etc) it'll throw an exception, which in return will stop the game from running scripts properly.

You could try renaming the save folder, or you could try running the game in admin mode.

4.10 star(s) 112 Votes