VN Ren'Py Abandoned Paradox [Ch. 1] [RoyalCandy]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes
Oct 16, 2021
Well I can already see where this is heading... this is nearly exactly like that movie with Ethan Hawke, Predestination, I mean the title of the game is Paradox which was basically the exact point of the other story, a self-fulfilling paradoxical prophecy. So my assumption is the MC is his own father via Tabitha, he was sent back in time to stop the Great Quake only for him to inevitably be the one to cause it, probably in retaliation of them killing or trying to kill Tabitha, I also assume the person that stopped Vanya from killing him is likely his own future self that created the agency to basically satisfy the loop that lead to his birth, or perhaps Tabitha herself, keeping the cycle of the Paradox going.
Well damn thanks... I guess.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Well I can already see where this is heading... this is nearly exactly like that movie with Ethan Hawke, Predestination, I mean the title of the game is Paradox which was basically the exact point of the other story, a self-fulfilling paradoxical prophecy. So my assumption is the MC is his own father via Tabitha, he was sent back in time to stop the Great Quake only for him to inevitably be the one to cause it, probably in retaliation of them killing or trying to kill Tabitha, I also assume the person that stopped Vanya from killing him is likely his own future self that created the agency to basically satisfy the loop that lead to his birth, or perhaps Tabitha herself, keeping the cycle of the Paradox going.
For my sake I hope that's now how the story turns out.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
I'm overall please with chapter, the last couple of games I played that involved time traveling has some huge disappointments. I think this game so far is well developed. Unique cast of character, Tabitha and Madi are total beauties, and my opinion of the main character balanced out towards the end of the chapter. The story seems legit, the UI is good and the music fits well. (y)
When I saw Tabitha I thought to myself "How the heck are we gonna kill her?" she's a pretty awesome gal, not to mention drop dead gorgeous.

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
The other stories are a lot better than this one. Hate to say that too, because the VN's are usually pretty good from this dev, but in those the MC is an average guy, the problem here is that this MC is supposed to be strong, intelligent, and so far it's just been told and not shown. He acts and reacts like an average guy, his supposed qualities just aren't there. The most I can say is he is an average fighter, because it only takes an average trained fighter to take out two thugs when one of them is only armed with a knife. The story is already looking like it's going to be on tracks, the MC is going to be everyone's patsy all the time until he absolutely needs to be at least a little badass, and it just isn't a well thought out character.

I am hoping that the next installment proves me wrong, but I'm rarely wrong with things like this. Good luck dev, I wish you well in fixing the mistakes you've already made.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
just tried it and i'm guessing you wont be able to decide who you interact with?

Zaida kinda creeped me out with the whole no nipples and robot waist thing. definitly not the worst robot ineraction i've dealt with but a bit creepy...but yeah no option to avoid her.

same with Vanya who is well... a bitch.

i mean the story itself aint bad it just sucks we dont get options on how to deal with the girls or if we wanna do anything with them.

i mean yeah there's the prostitute but the choices were mostly if you wanna bang her or not. nothing that hints how a relationship can develop down the line.

it'd be nice to have more freedom of choice. but at the moment im just worried about if the rest of the game is gonne be like this.

Edit: went back to check the route where you bang the prostitute and the lighting was kinda annoying during the sex animations. then there's the whole sliding frame thing that happens on certain poses when you're done that you can't really appreciate the finish.

Last edited:

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
The Madison character model is great, and even better, it hasn't been used to death in 72743 previous VNs.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
The story sounded interesting and the artwork looks great, but only a couple of minutes in and I already can't stand the MC. He comes across as an arrogant, self-centered douche. I was actually glad when Vanya used the implant to shock the fuck out of him. That's about as far I got in this one, so maybe he gets better, but it left a bad first impression. If the MC was likeable this one could be great.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: Ch. 1

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Help me pay for some storage if you want. Or don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Padre Katyusha

I can't be called a woman cause I'm not hot enough
Uploader
Jun 4, 2019
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: Ch. 1

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Help me pay for some storage if you want. Or don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm testing it to link, but....

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 1489, in <module>
IOError: Couldn't find file 'misc/current_kings.txt'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
  File "renpy/main.py", line 550, in main
  File "scripts/screens.rpyc", line 1487, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 2467, in file
  File "renpy/loader.py", line 798, in load

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
Dangit, i missed that.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
Fixed, sorry about that.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Son of a bitch.. another good one from RoyalCandy ! I didn't think he could handle the volume he's laying down, along with the quality therein but damn is he proving me wrong. I tip my hat.. Kudos!

Edit: And if you want to continue the 'No More' theme I'd go with 'Paradox No More'. Gotta figure by the end of the story that title should ring true... shouldn't it?

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Ok! I enjoyed this first chapter. I liked No More Secrets and not so much No More Money, but this one looks really good.

broho1234

Dec 26, 2021
I tried my best, but couldn't come with a catchy "No More"
Hi RoyalCandy I adored your "No More Secrets" game, especially Jeanne.

Haven't played the "Paradox" game yet, but after reading the "overview" can I suggest some "No More" titles for this game:

No More Dark/Bleak Future
No More Tyrants (if there are tyrants in the story's future)
No More Easy Kills
No More Straight Timelines

Please don't take it seriously, it's just for fun.

Good luck with the game and looking forward to its development.

Dec 11, 2021
Hi,

Very short game experience for now.

Artwork looks really top notch.

Story for now is interesting and intriguing. Looking forward for more.

Nothing to complain for now. :)

Keep up the nice work.

Regards

Reactions: royalcandy

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Well let's hope that's not the case cause if it is then you pretty much spoiled the game for alot of people.

• Haha
Reactions: unknown78
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes