BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
will there ever be an in game walkthrough?
Also I played into this game up to the Elena Wolf part and suddenly my health went to -300 and also the energy went to -300
is this a bug or normal and if so how does anyone fight with this in combat

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
While running game code:
File "game/data/world_quests/main/Prologue/qst_prologue.rpy", line 98, in <module>
File "game/engine/gallery/gallery_functions.rpy", line 12, in unlockGalScene
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

The game crashed at the beginning when unlocking scenes automatically after watching.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
The game just crashes when I try to load my save from end-of-contents (located in MC's bedroom at night, judging by the screenshot) from v0.148. Granted, I loaded the save I copied from a different computer I use, but that should usually not be a problem.

Traceback is attached (I've masked the username from the paths).

I mean, I like the story and the artwork, but if I need to start from the beginning (or the beginning of Act 1) for each new build, I might as well just wait until the whole thing is completed; I don't like the game that much...

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
The game just crashes when I try to load my save from end-of-contents (located in MC's bedroom at night, judging by the screenshot) from v0.148. Granted, I loaded the save I copied from a different computer I use, but that should usually not be a problem.

Traceback is attached (I've masked the username from the paths).

I mean, I like the story and the artwork, but if I need to start from the beginning (or the beginning of Act 1) for each new build, I might as well just wait until the whole thing is completed; I don't like the game that much...
Delete persistent data.

Read the FAQ. (The save issue is being worked on).

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Delete persistent data.

Read the FAQ. (The save issue is being worked on).
I tried both before and after deleting persistent data, and it still crashed when loading my previous save. I believe it also crashed in v0.148 when loading my previous save from v0.147, so I had to start over again from that.

I believe I'll hold off on playing it further until either Parasite Black is completed, or at the very least, the save issue between versions/builds has a permanent fix.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I tried both before and after deleting persistent data, and it still crashed when loading my previous save. I believe it also crashed in v0.148 when loading my previous save from v0.147, so I had to start over again from that.

I believe I'll hold off on playing it further until either Parasite Black is completed, or at the very least, the save issue between versions/builds has a permanent fix.
Deleting persistent data so far won't fix old saves, the engine changes pretty much render them null and void.

Deleting persistent data for a fresh save will reduce 90% of bugs.

Im making improving combat and finding some sort of solution on saves a priority for the next build. Have some idea(s) with what to do with saves.

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Developer: Damned Studios
I got discouraged from translating your game.:whistle:
I've never seen so many folders in my life, not to mention so many files with the same name, that makes it even more complicated because there's no way to get all the scripts and do a job, it just has to be a little bit at a time in several steps.
That's why I haven't found any translation of this game yet, nobody cares to translate games like that.o_O

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I got discouraged from translating your game.:whistle:
I've never seen so many folders in my life, not to mention so many files with the same name, that makes it even more complicated because there's no way to get all the scripts and do a job, it just has to be a little bit at a time in several steps.
That's why I haven't found any translation of this game yet, nobody cares to translate games like that.o_O
We don't exaggerate when we tell people our game is increasingly technically complex despite being renpy as a base.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
is it important to the game to not say NO to MYO and others like her - can you still have a good ending by limiting those non-human spouses

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
is it important to the game to not say NO to MYO and others like her - can you still have a good ending by limiting those non-human spouses
You can refuse anyone you wish. Your choices will affect the ending but you won't be 'punished' for saying no to a girl.

Reactions: BGRW2020

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
I can't play this game; in the beginning, it crashes... even on a new game start...

Get dressed, leave, peek on Regina .... and crash!!

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
We don't exaggerate when we tell people our game is increasingly technically complex despite being renpy as a base.
Too bad a lot of people don't understand English friend, and that even makes many stop supporting them.
That's why I wanted to translate to help you with another language .... but I gave up due to the huge volume of folders and scripts with the same name, which makes it a lot of work for someone who translates for free.
But even so, I wish all of your team success until the end.
See you later and have a good weekend.(y):coffee:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I see it's time for me to play this again. I've been skipping the past couple of updates since my saves were broken and I wasn't sure if the problem would be fixed or if I had to start over. Now though, the urge to play has hit me hard and I don't mind starting over anymore. The Blacksmiths Daughter is going to be a pain to get through again but I'll do it anyway.

There's Elena too. I need to get back to her :oops:. Also, from briefly looking through this thread a while ago, I hope Jadis is in the game now or close to it. She was hot.

VulgarFap

Nov 27, 2018
Ye, I just tested after deleting all renpy/game saves. And it doesn't work for me anymore either. No idea how i got it to work in the first place oO
Anyway i tinkered some more, here's the second attempt, now I've tested it after deleting everything, and it seems to work.
Try it again. As before just put it in the ParasiteBlack\game folder
What I tested specifically was starting from Act 1, not from the beginning, I don't think it should matter, but history would suggest I don't quite get renpy...
Oh, and maybe delete the old file if you still have it in your game folder
does this still work?

Malagga

Jun 16, 2023
Hi, tried the newest build from the first page and practically couldn't leave my room because the game crashed.

I deleted all save data in response and the same bug still occurs.

I attached the resulting traceback.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Hi, tried the newest build from the first page and practically couldn't leave my room because the game crashed.

I deleted all save data in response and the same bug still occurs.

I attached the resulting traceback.
Did you delete persistent data? Not just save data.

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes