f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
It's really a shame the game doesn't get a sequel.
It's really amazing how such a simple game can be so good.

But what I wanted to know is
if i share the game sprites
Do you think anyone would be interested in recreating it?
View attachment 1789913 And that maybe it could attract some pixel artist to create new animations?
I've been considering doing a fan sequel, but full disclosure--I won't have time to do it for a very very long time, possibly years.

But that being said, please post the pixel art--I'll keep my own ear to the ground for any other developers. If I show them the art, maybe it'll inspire people.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
If you guys want something a little bit more solid to hold on to developer LAG Studio is planning to develop a Parasite in City-esque game as this of theirs suggest. They're not done with their current game at the moment so don't cross your fingers just yet. But then again it does say "Gameplay similar to Parasite in City" so very likely its just going to be a slow paced side scroller probably with zombies or horror themed enemies.

They have a good track record in my book. I've played all of their games, all of which are of different genres so they are at least versatile, and I found them pretty good.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
If you guys want something a little bit more solid to hold on to developer LAG Studio is planning to develop a Parasite in City-esque game as this of theirs suggest. They're not done with their current game at the moment so don't cross your fingers just yet. But then again it does say "Gameplay similar to Parasite in City" so very likely its just going to be a slow paced side scroller probably with zombies or horror themed enemies.

They have a good track record in my book. I've played all of their games, all of which are of different genres so they are at least versatile, and I found them pretty good.
These all their games, right?
Yeah, I could see it working. Never played any of their games but the screenshots of their other games appear to have a similar vibe to PiC. If nothing else, it's something to keep an eye on. Thanks and cheers!

everforever

Mar 4, 2019
I've been considering doing a fan sequel, but full disclosure--I won't have time to do it for a very very long time, possibly years.

But that being said, please post the pixel art--I'll keep my own ear to the ground for any other developers. If I show them the art, maybe it'll inspire people.

Well then, I'll leave the sprites and audios here.

so that someone can be interested
And that can keep the possibility of creating mods for the game

• Red Heart
Reactions: HornySensei

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
These all their games, right?
Yeah, I could see it working. Never played any of their games but the screenshots of their other games appear to have a similar vibe to PiC. If nothing else, it's something to keep an eye on. Thanks and cheers!
I've played all of them and can recommend specially because they are cheap. Just a fair warning tough: tone down your expectations a little, because by their own words those are simplistic games with some cool art on the side. Some even said that the pixel art is more of a down-scaled art and not "true" pixel art (whatever that means). But still, the CG's are good and I think their style could lend itself well for a parasite in city clone.

Sep 23, 2021
So I finally logged in into this site after a long time and saw this thread had a lot of activity going on recently. Most of which is about the sequel or revival of this great game.

There are a total of three games I have high hopes that will receive good feedback. And I was in a dilemma about which one to work on next. But since this is in our heart I have decided to work the project that is similar to this game.

I have been planning this game for a long time, so I will fill in with a little details about it:-

This game will serve as prequel to Survive game, but will have different title since it will be linear progression with little exploration factor. Gameplay style will be similar to PiC. There will be multiple guns in this game (may add two weapons limit like Halo). Most enemies will have a game over cutscene and it will be animated. Some areas will have bosses that must be defeated in order to progress. The game will have multiple endings depending on the actions you take.

There are few things I'm uncertain of. First thing is the very first boss of the game which is a little ambitious for me. Second thing, I think the main character is not going to be liked by many since this character will be timid and selfish (and a game where main character is not likable mostly tend to fail). But it is necessary for her character to be like that for later games and a good gameplay and animation should be able save it.

And I'm also planning to add a short gameplay of one of the girl from Survive game (most probably Leona).

So once HTA is complete will work on CB remastered and the new project simultaneously.

Please don't keep any high hopes. I think this project will be loved like HTA but I will upload few video devlogs after making some progress and let everyone decide for themselves if this project interests them.

everforever

Mar 4, 2019
So I finally logged in into this site after a long time and saw this thread had a lot of activity going on recently. Most of which is about the sequel or revival of this great game.

There are a total of three games I have high hopes that will receive good feedback. And I was in a dilemma about which one to work on next. But since this is in our heart I have decided to work the project that is similar to this game.

I have been planning this game for a long time, so I will fill in with a little details about it:-

This game will serve as prequel to Survive game, but will have different title since it will be linear progression with little exploration factor. Gameplay style will be similar to PiC. There will be multiple guns in this game (may add two weapons limit like Halo). Most enemies will have a game over cutscene and it will be animated. Some areas will have bosses that must be defeated in order to progress. The game will have multiple endings depending on the actions you take.

There are few things I'm uncertain of. First thing is the very first boss of the game which is a little ambitious for me. Second thing, I think the main character is not going to be liked by many since this character will be timid and selfish (and a game where main character is not likable mostly tend to fail). But it is necessary for her character to be like that for later games and a good gameplay and animation should be able save it.

And I'm also planning to add a short gameplay of one of the girl from Survive game (most probably Leona).

So once HTA is complete will work on CB remastered and the new project simultaneously.

Please don't keep any high hopes. I think this project will be loved like HTA but I will upload few video devlogs after making some progress and let everyone decide for themselves if this project interests them.

Do you have images?

Feb 11, 2020

I've played all your games, I reckon you could pull it off. Hell, I'd be happy to lend a hand, since I've actually written up a document of ideas for such a game

Sep 23, 2021
Do you have images?
Not working on it yet but will share them once done something.

I've played all your games, I reckon you could pull it off. Hell, I'd be happy to lend a hand, since I've actually written up a document of ideas for such a game
Yes, this is the easiest one compare to other future projects. I too have been working on concepts of this project. Once the development is started will discuss it.

Kantoraketti

Mar 10, 2019

I've been waiting for 8 years and finally someone willing to take action.
I hope your current project soon to be finished so you can recreate or just make sequel to it, so you can share this great news to the original developer

Onkin

Sep 15, 2018

Why don't you open up a patreon or something like that where I (and most likely others) can support you willingly?

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Why don't you open up a patreon or something like that where I (and most likely others) can support you willingly?
Patreon seems like the kind of platform that rewards creators for continuous development and doesn't have much incentive for actually finishing projects which is probably why there are so many devs out there that suspiciously can't get out of the early development phase. But that's just me its only because I've wasted so much in the past by supporting such devs is why I think of patreon this way.

Reactions: Back

WeebLoop

Sep 8, 2020
Patreon seems like the kind of platform that rewards creators for continuous development and doesn't have much incentive for actually finishing projects which is probably why there are so many devs out there that suspiciously can't get out of the early development phase. But that's just me its only because I've wasted so much in the past by supporting such devs is why I think of patreon this way.
yeah, agree. The only way i would support a patreon dev is either, They have the pledge method as "Pay for publication" or are so cheap that i would mind me to give a tip

Onkin

Sep 15, 2018
Hm yea you might be right. But it's kinda sad that he earns probably close to nothing by developing these nice games.

BFGLives

Donor
Nov 28, 2017

Glad I have been keeping tabs on this thread. I am not sure if I would have heard of LAG otherwise. Definitely going to check out your itch.io page!

Reactions: f9account

Billzz121

May 11, 2020
Well then, I'll leave the sprites and audios here.

so that someone can be interested
And that can keep the possibility of creating mods for the game
Hey how did you get those files? Did you use something to extract them from the .exe?
Also thanks for that i notice how on the 1.03 update some sounds are missing like when she's crying when h scenes ends (heard that one on the old .exe version) and other ones that i never heard before (like other yells when getting out from the h scenes by pressing the buttons). Any idea of why that happens? Or a way to fix it?
A shame that the sequel progress was stoped, i still have hopes on that the dev its slope of the people that stills want it and trying to make something under shadows or something like that lol. But happy that this classic stills gets attention too

everforever

Mar 4, 2019
Hey how did you get those files? Did you use something to extract them from the .exe?
Also thanks for that i notice how on the 1.03 update some sounds are missing like when she's crying when h scenes ends (heard that one on the old .exe version) and other ones that i never heard before (like other yells when getting out from the h scenes by pressing the buttons). Any idea of why that happens? Or a way to fix it?
A shame that the sequel progress was stoped, i still have hopes on that the dev its slope of the people that stills want it and trying to make something under shadows or something like that lol. But happy that this classic stills gets attention too
I found a way to extract on github
The sprites, audios and maybe the codes are in the file called
data
About the missing sounds
I extracted the files from the latest version
So it's likely that the developer decided to remove these audios in their latest version.

It's really A shame that the sequel progress was stopped
But during the development of the game's sequel Someone posted this gif

1521927056649.gif

what would be the sequel to the game

I found it in this forum

In the forum it is also possible to download a Hack of the game making it more difficult

Which basically makes
- You start with less ammo
- After a few seconds the woman falls to the ground, I think it takes 2 minutes or less, sometimes she falls after the jump
- Press F key to fall over
And other things I can't remember now

Who created this Hack was someone from the hongfire.com forum
The same forum that created several mods and English translations of Illusion Soft games
But unfortunately hongfire doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Furabia and fiuojui
4.40 star(s) 31 Votes