valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
After playing this many times over the years I just noticed that down+left/right arrow make MC do a 'sneaking walk'. Any benefit to this? I used it on stage 1 today but enemies attacked/hit as usual.

Clipboard01.jpg

burryniceuser

Jul 23, 2017
After playing this many times over the years I just noticed that down+left/right arrow make MC do a 'sneaking walk'. Any benefit to this? I used it on stage 1 today but enemies attacked/hit as usual.

View attachment 2104508
I noticed that too when I replayed it the other day and then forgot about it before testing it out. I wonder if it might help you get past the fly eggs?
Just tested it and nope, doesn't work. I'm guessing it's leftover from a feature that was planned but not implemented. Either a way to sneak past things or crouch to get underneath obstacles.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Hey everyone: FYI I'm working on a "Parasite in City"-like game called Val Karee. It's in early stages and the current release is more a test of game mechanics than anything else, but I'm fleshing out the long-term plan and hope to have a more representative release soon. It's a sidescroller and PIC was the primary inspiration, especially for the controls, but in many ways it's a very different game. Hope you get a chance to try it and would love to hear your feedback on the thread.

Last edited:

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
I noticed that too when I replayed it the other day and then forgot about it before testing it out. I wonder if it might help you get past the fly eggs?
Just tested it and nope, doesn't work. I'm guessing it's leftover from a feature that was planned but not implemented. Either a way to sneak past things or crouch to get underneath obstacles.
afaik, same as just crouching, it helps dodge some attacks. namely the very first zombies' and the facehuggers', I think...

danksito0305

Jul 17, 2022
More edits of the game's assets. I wonder who did them.

I'm glad that users are taking the attention that this game always deserved, in fact, another edit has already come out, look.

Lasucrom

Aug 27, 2018
Hey everyone: FYI I'm working on a "Parasite in City"-like game called Val Karee. It's in early stages and the current release is more a test of game mechanics than anything else, but I'm fleshing out the long-term plan and hope to have a more representative release soon. It's a sidescroller and PIC was the primary inspiration, especially for the controls, but in many ways it's a very different game. Hope you get a chance to try it and would love to hear your feedback on the thread.
Insect preg too?

RBD_tai_hen

Feb 19, 2019
After following the thread of your game it looks like the direction of development is getting more and more gore. Is guro really gonna be a big part of that game? Cause honestly as much as I can tolerate it to some extent (Night of Revenge and sinisistar being the furthest I can stand, even then I still prefer playing it censored), it's not the kinda appeal II'm looking for in a PiC-like game, especially since PiC itself doesn't actually have any gore, just the monster rape that makes it hot.

I'm not saying there can't be any gore since it's your game after all and some people certainly enjoy it, but will the game at least have a censored gore option (like NoR)?
I do hope it still focuses more on monster rape than bloody torture content though

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
After following the thread of your game it looks like the direction of development is getting more and more gore. Is guro really gonna be a big part of that game? Cause honestly as much as I can tolerate it to some extent (Night of Revenge and sinisistar being the furthest I can stand, even then I still prefer playing it censored), it's not the kinda appeal II'm looking for in a PiC-like game, especially since PiC itself doesn't actually have any gore, just the monster rape that makes it hot.

I'm not saying there can't be any gore since it's your game after all and some people certainly enjoy it, but will the game at least have a censored gore option (like NoR)?
I do hope it still focuses more on monster rape than bloody torture content though
The further along I get into the game development the less I think I can pull off some sort of gore on/off mode. There will be dead bodies, you'll see characters get killed, and the MC herself will get killed. E.g. today I created a background character that warns the player of what's ahead and then dies. It's not just a matter of turning blood on/off. The alpha was a simple level to test the game mechanics, but the full game is going to have a storyline and gore will be part of it.

Hopefully you'll give the next version a try, but I understand it's a strong theme and not for everyone.

Reactions: RBD_tai_hen

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
The further along I get into the game development the less I think I can pull off some sort of gore on/off mode. There will be dead bodies, you'll see characters get killed, and the MC herself will get killed. E.g. today I created a background character that warns the player of what's ahead and then dies. It's not just a matter of turning blood on/off. The alpha was a simple level to test the game mechanics, but the full game is going to have a storyline and gore will be part of it.

Hopefully you'll give the next version a try, but I understand it's a strong theme and not for everyone.
That's a pity. Gore has its place (i.e. Mortal Kombat) but it's hard for many people to enjoy it at the same time they're looking to fap.

Hope it becomes easier (maybe use the old Mortal Kombat trick of turning the color of blood to pale sweat)?

4.40 star(s) 31 Votes