mk40

Jul 23, 2018
As to why that's relevant, my goal with this line of changes is to keep the original game as intact as possible, so I'm hesitant to go against the PixelFactory's intention (the level 3 wave of zombies already does that a little bit). I'm looking to patch the game, not mod the game. For now.
In my case, I going with a mod to change and tweak the game to some extend, as well as adding some additonnal polish to the game visual. So yeah, different approach for me if anybody was wondering, I guess what I teased so far kinda revealed where I was going with my approach. ;)

I'll see if I can post a first version (still a wip) of my mod this evening or tomorrow.

punksrebel49

Jun 21, 2023
Yes, it completly disable the horde. I know it makes the boss fight way less stressfull, but it's intended to be a cheat like the infinite ammo and health, it's not supposed to be something balanced in that regard.
Likewise, it would be interesting to fight the calmer boss, it feels like a horde-time fight.

punksrebel49

Jun 21, 2023
In my case, I going with a mod to change and tweak the game to some extend, as well as adding some additonnal polish to the game visual. So yeah, different approach for me if anybody was wondering, I guess what I teased so far kinda revealed where I was going with my approach. ;)

I'll see if I can post a first version (still a wip) of my mod this evening or tomorrow.
It will be an honor to try your work

Billzz121

May 11, 2020
I actually didn't notice the two types of enemy5. What I did was I added ob_enemy5 as an option and, although it spawned in, there were a few issues with it. In particular, there was no way for it to start a scene with the player character, so I decided to leave it out for now. I'll revisit it at some point

That thought has occurred to me a few times, but it slipped my mind for this past update.

It's a more involved change than the things I've been doing so far, but I believe it is possible.

This one has been a bit flakey in my testing. The flys can still initiate a scene, as you mentioned, and I believe the small facehuggers can as well, but it may be that all the other enemies in the game can't. The thing is, there's code in a few spots that check the player's excitement level and change the enemies' behavior at level 5 (which is when the forced masturbation starts), so I think this behavior is intentional and not a bug.

As to why that's relevant, my goal with this line of changes is to keep the original game as intact as possible, so I'm hesitant to go against PixelFactory's intention (the level 3 wave of zombies already does that a little bit). I'm looking to patch the game, not mod the game. For now.

Anyway, thanks again for testing and for the suggestions, it's been quite helpful.
Its understandable, its easy to say things that one wished were added but its not so simple when you are the one having to putting it together haha, that's why i try to offer some more "grounded" ideas like making a tweak for something instead of saying "ADD NEW ANIMATIONS AND MORE WEAPONS AND ENEMIES!!!" but sometimes it happens that we get a lil' bit excited for the lack of content in years lol. In any case i try to mention the ideas depending of the user intention like mk40 who is changing or altering the game in a way thats make it very different to vainilla game so in that case i throw in there some more "crazy" ideas. Both very respectable works my i add because who complains about having two different dishes? And tbh hearing that you want to keep the og vibes of the game as intended sounds good since i already loved the game like this.

Anyways respects for giving this old loved classic some time and effort to make it better.

• Red Heart
Reactions: punksrebel49

Billzz121

May 11, 2020
It's tastes and colors at this point. ;)
To me, the menu font always felt very generic, so it gave a try with a different font. I originaly intended to go with something similar to Parasite Eve font, as, if I remember right, the dev mentionned he was inspired by this game to design the player character. But it didn't look that great with the current menu background, so I went with the Left 4 Dead font insteand, as the mugshots in the gallery kinda reminded me of the L4D mugshots, so I though it was appropriate. And well, same theme in the end.
Yeah after a while i could get used to it because i will be playing your "mod" and make some thoughts about it, hope it goes well!
P.D: Random thought, wouldn't be more easy to make the data file or .exe have everything unlocked by default? After all everyone already got everything unlocked by passing the game or just changing numbers in the save file, to keep everything in one place.

Reactions: punksrebel49

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
Alright, so here's a first release of my very work in progress mod. Keep in mind this a very early build with not that many changes, so please don't expect anything ground breaking. But hey, it's a start. :)

This mod integrate Jerglekakan's Fan Patch 2 fixes and improvements. Huge thanks to him for letting me use his work as base for my mod.
It will be named "Mk40 Mod" for now, but I'll try to come up with an actual name for it at some point.

Changelogs:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Note that this is only the data.win file, you still need the full game in order to use it.
You can grab Jerglekakan's and replace the data.win (inside "Parasite in City v1.03" folder) with the one from my mod.

Link to the file:

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023
Alright, so here's a first release of my very work in progress mod. Keep in mind this a very early build with no that many changes, so please don't expect any ground breaking changes. But hey, it's a start. :)

This mod integrate Jerglekakan's Fan Patch 2 fixes and improvements. Huge thanks to him for letting me use his work as base for my mod.
It will be named "Mk40 Mod" for now, but I'll try to come up with an actual name for it at some point.

Changelogs:

Note that this is only the data.win file, you still need the full game in order to use it.
You can grab Jerglekakan's and replace the data.win (inside "Parasite in City v1.03" folder) with the one from my mod.

Link to the file: Mk40 Mod 0.1
Very good!

Billzz121

May 11, 2020
Alright, so here's a first release of my very work in progress mod. Keep in mind this a very early build with not that many changes, so please don't expect anything ground breaking. But hey, it's a start. :)

Changelogs:

Just tried everything added and its all working flawlessly, my favorite changes are the correction of the intro image position and details and the spawnable boss which didnt have any problem, also RIP the fly pregnancy with the facehugger and the female zombie :c and the transparency of the fly and boss cum it's something that i liked but could get used to it.

Only thing that would fix on this version is finding a better way to name the commands on the F7 menu since everything is kinda messy, sure one can just remember the number and np but could be nice a rework for it to make it more comfortable.
Anyways, very good mod partner!

Last edited:

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
Only thing that would fix on this version is finding a better way to name the commands on the F7 menu since everything is kinda messy, sure one can just remember the number and np but could be nice a rework for it to make it more comfortable.
I'm not sure it's something can be fixed unfortunately. The size of the F7 window is fixed, which mean that if there are more text, it will be cut.
And well technically it's debbug menu, so I think it fine for what it is.

derp752

Apr 22, 2019
I messed around and experimented with sprites but generally never finished them as it was just for fun more than anything. Again nothing ground breaking, it's mainly tweaks and improvements done to the original sprites (like error or missing details/shading, stuff like that).

Here's some edits I actually finished:

Note that the player character have the eyes changed to match with the what the original dev was going to do with the sequel. So the eyebrows are lighter and the eyelashes are darker in comparison to the original sprites, also the eyes color are changed to light blue.

Parasite Bee sex animation: Added the missing front limbs on the bee, some missing shading and other minor tweaks.

Player birthing (Parasite Bee) animation: Completely reworked animation in comparison to the original. Also added a couple new sprites to improve the transition between some sprites.

Player birthing (Facehugger) animation: Pretty much the same as above, but swapped the parasite bee with the facehugger from the 3rd level. Always thought this was missing from the game to be honest. I know other people have done similar edit too.

Female Zombie sex animation: Nothing special on this one, mainly just a color swap for the female zombie to use the same skin color as the other zombie.
Very nice, I wanted to mod and create new assets for this game ageeees ago, but I couldn't extract the source code or asets out of the game. How did you do this?

punksrebel49

Jun 21, 2023

Changelogs:

BUT WHAT A GREAT MOD! In truth, everything looked great, the typography, the changes, and in truth, it is admirable that you were able to add the boss in the debugging menu, my respects and... What a great mod yours and that of Jerglekakan's my respects!

• Red Heart
Reactions: mk40

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
There wouldn't happen to already be a video gallery of possibly new and/or updated sprites?
If you're talking about this "Reworked sprites for the Fly sex animation 2." in my mod, it's basically the edit I showed here (the first one, the others aren't in the mod).

From what the authors of the mods mention, it is quite complicated to put new sprites in the game, in any case, we should not lose hope that one day it will be possible.
Let's not be too confused about this.

What is complicated (mainly very time consuming) is to add brand new enemies because you need to write a lot of code for them and integrate them within the already existing ecosystem of the game.

Editing the already existing sprites is fairly easy, but depending on what you want to do, it may or may not be a long process. For example, what was asked earlier about making the player character fully naked is perfectly doable, but it's huge task to go back on every single sprites and make the character fully naked (you roughly have to redraw 50% of the character from scratch on each sprites).

That said, adding new sex animations (so new sprites) for the current enemies already in the base game is something that should be doable without being as much of hassle as adding a brand new enemy. Still a kinda long process though. :p

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 31 Votes