atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
PL - 6/11 SCENES DONE - VERSION 0.7
A69 - 6.33/29 TASKS DONE - VERSION 0.01

no information on A69 project yet. at this rate probably we'll see release end of September me thinks.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
z0uLpWRU5a.png
Updates, progression, A69 info and release predictions

Jul 4 at 3:19pm

First of all, happy independence day to everyone in the land of the free. I made a happy little extra render for 'yall
It's been quite a while since the last PL update. 12 weeks to be exact, that's a whole lot of time, especially when you consider We're probably not even halfway through the development cycle for this next release.

It's not all bad though, I do come with good news as well. My new computer finally got delivered and it's performing insanely well. I can now render about three to four times faster than before, add to that, the fact that I have two rigs now, I can do all sorts of other shit with my old rig while the new one is churning out renders lightning fast.

There's also something I wanted to clear up as I've seen some confusion. I haven't actually had people come up to me and say they don't want the Emily update or that they'd unpledge if I released it by itself. The decision to release A69 alongside 0.7 is a decision I made myself just to feel better about the release. Some of you undoubtedly would prefer me release the Emily update alone to get it over with, so in that sense, I do apologize, but at least you can't say I'm trying to scam 'yall for more money. I hope you can see my side on this.

Alright, let's get to the elephant in the room. What is this 'A69'?
Apartment #69 is a free roam point and click game where you move from place to place in a city looking for activateable visual novel events marked with an exclamation point. Animated sex scenes are planned, but we'll still have to see about that.
You're Anon, a 20 year old man attending college. After a lucky streak in your freelance programming career leaves you with a sizable possession of cash, you finally decide to move out of your old landlady's house.
The game begins when you're leaving for your new apartment and saying goodbye to your landlady, Jamie and two younger roommates Tess and Evelyn.
Along the way, you'll meet many more characters aside from those three. In this first demo, the characters you'll be meeting include

Heather, a girl who you've seen bullying other students, perhaps you can change that part of her? The model for this character was made by a 3DX artist named Wolf.

Cha'relle, she has an overprotective brother who's not quite fond of you trying to hook up with his sister

And Nea, a girl who's extremely self conscious and confused about her gender and sexuality.

As has been said before, after these two updates drop (hopefully in 2018) the plan is to put A69 on hold and start working full time on PL 0.8.

I'm not saying that as a 100% fact for now because technically, if for some reason A69 becomes much more favored and popular than PL, I may hold polls or something at some point to see if yall want more A69 updates in the future. However, even if that happens, PL won't get abandoned. I have a bit of a moral duty to finish the game now because this one sick fucker from my discord named his child after a character in PL. So if for no other reason, that's one hell of a good reason to finish the game

But also just because I don't want to come off as a scammer by not finishing my very first game :p

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Amurica, fuck yeah!

The black girl with blue eyes looks a little scary. Like an alien.

Seps

Sep 26, 2017
If the dev didn't want to release 0.7 alone, he could've simply waited with release until 0.8 (or even 0.9) will be ready and release them together instead of creating whole new game.

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
It seems like A69 was already being worked on and since he wasn't that into the Emily pure husband route decided to work more on it and have an early demo. Makes sense to me. Also this update is suppose to be shorter than usual.

Reactions: Munkey

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
well i don't know what to think about this now,new game does not appeal to me...i don't know if he is serious when he says that he hopes updates will come out this year or just messing around,but i'm getting the vibe that they are far away from release and that they won't come out anytime soon. also seeing that he can't confirm that he will fully focus on PL after this is not encouraging...

Reactions: Centurion

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
I wasn't worried before but must admit I 'm now after reading the statement...
I thought up until now that A69 was a little intro thing made more or less for fun and that it would wait until the end of PL to be continued.
I understand the appeal of new stories for a dev as I tend to believe that the storyline of PL is pretty much finished in the head of luxee. So it's just a matter of putting it in the game rather than create it...
But I really hope that PL will keep being the priority project...
I don't care about much games to be finished or not. But this one I want to see the end of it....

Reactions: Centurion

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
the storyline of PL
What storyline? I don't mean to be rude and maybe I just don't see it, but in the beginning the story seemed to be to get back together with your roommate and the totally unrelated other roommates, but that happened a few updates ago and now it's more like getting everyone involved in a harem, but I wouldn't exactly call that a story. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, the girls and all, but it seems more like episodes/scenes pieced together instead of a story.

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
That wouldn't be rude towards me anyway.
This game has a beginning, a middle and hopefully an ending...
What happens between each tells you something. That something is a story. Weither you like it or not, weither you find it interesting/poor/dumb/anythingyouwant or not, it is still a story.

4.20 star(s) 218 Votes