wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
Actualy according to Luxee Pl will have at least 5 more updates.That means if he do both games we are looking for 2020/2021 for the end of PL.And that after he promised to concentrate on PL.Not to mention how enormous is the number of abandoned games when dev is working on two titles.
Also I saw how a poll can be corrupted by a single patron and can change the course of the game or even destroy it completely.
he did said himself that it was one of his patrons who encouraged him to develop and release a69 in the first place,i won't be surprised if this what you're talking about happens here also

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
he did said himself that it was one of his patrons who encouraged him to develop and release a69 in the first place,i won't be surprised if this what you're talking about happens here also
I know a game in which a single patron pay more than 1000$ to the dev to add a certain fetish and scene in his game.
It's easy for someone with too many money and time to just dump thousands of $ to get what he want.Not to mention how some people are making several acounts on Patreon to vote on polls.We saw that in BB.One person with like 20-30 accounts.

Reactions: wrx21

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
So this guy had 20-30 accounts and pays with all of them just to be able to vote on some poll ? :OhMyGoodness:
And I was thinking that sometime I don't use my money correctly when I buy some stuff...
You sounds surprised:)
I saw people that support board games on kickstarter and don't even play them.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I think it's a situation like back in my college days. Luxee had a backer that gave him the tenuous excuse he needed to do what he really wanted in the first place.

Me: I should study tonight and get to bed early. I have to, really. I'm tired and I'm so far behind in homework.

Friend 1: Yeah, good idea.

Friend 2: Yep, definitely.

Friend 3: You should go out drinking with me.

Me: Okay, drinking it is then!
I kind of expect more rationalization along these lines in the future. If the polls don't go the way of A69, Luxee will come up with another justification for it, or new polls that are weighted towards it. Maybe there's a poll asking for the focus of the next PL update, where the options are Ada, Elly, Sophie, or do a A69 update instead. The PL fans would be divided among the first three options, and A69 would probably slip in as the winner.

I'm not condemning them for it. I've seen it before from other Patreons. Not surprisingly, people try to find reasons to do what makes them happy. Or maybe this is a ploy to get people to support him on Patreon just so they can get a vote. I'm tempted to renew my patronage just to cast my vote for PL.

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017
The big question here is how that poll works?
Here's the post about about the polls:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
He did not. You are twisting his words.
I think it's a situation like back in my college days. Luxee had a backer that gave him the tenuous excuse he needed to do what he really wanted in the first place.

I kind of expect more rationalization along these lines in the future. If the polls don't go the way of A69, Luxee will come up with another justification for it, or new polls that are weighted towards it. Maybe there's a poll asking for the focus of the next PL update, where the options are Ada, Elly, Sophie, or do a A69 update instead. The PL fans would be divided among the first three options, and A69 would probably slip in as the winner.
I'm genuinely curious where you all are getting these insights into the inner workings of Luxee's mind. This thread is now getting to the point of dreaming up conspiracy theories.

How about we stop looking for hidden meanings and making up baseless theories about his plans and instead just look at what he said and take it for what it is.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I'm genuinely curious where you all are getting these insights into the inner workings of Luxee's mind. This thread is now getting to the point of dreaming up conspiracy theories.

How about we stop looking for hidden meanings and making up baseless theories about his plans and instead just look at what he said and take it for what it is.
Mainly because we've seen it happen before. I saw it happen with Dark Silver and Big Brother. And with regards to Luxee we've already gone from "Let's vote on if there's a trap in PL" to "I'm taking time from PL to write a game with a trap character, but it's just a one time thing" and then to "I kind of want to continue with this A69 thing a little more, so we'll have more votes". To me and at least some others, that's a bit of a troubling trend. He keeps turning the focus to something like A69 despite the majority opinion, and despite saying that if he does X, that will be the end of it.

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though. I'm not a patron anymore, although as I mentioned before it's tempting to pledge again just to be able to vote. But I voted against the inclusion of the trap character before, and that ended up leading into the current situation. Maybe had he won the poll, Luxee would have more interest in PL.

Reactions: wrx21

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017
Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though. I'm not a patron anymore, although as I mentioned before it's tempting to pledge again just to be able to vote. But I voted against the inclusion of the trap character before, and that ended up leading into the current situation. Maybe had he won the poll, Luxee would have more interest in PL.
Here's where you lost me:
He made a post asking his patrons for feedback on the idea of having polls.
In that post, he said "I want to develop PL more than I do a69."
You took that and went straight to:
If the polls don't go the way of A69, Luxee will come up with another justification for it, or new polls that are weighted towards it. Maybe there's a poll asking for the focus of the next PL update, where the options are Ada, Elly, Sophie, or do a A69 update instead.
I get that you're unhappy with how things have gone, but now you're just imagining worst case scenarios. He tried to (almost clearly) lay out his idea for polls and the things you've said are in no way reflective of anything Luxee actually said.

Here's the thing, Luxee has realized recently that he has fans that have played and liked a69, without even knowing about PL. I think he's just trying to come up with a way to make it so his new fans don't feel completely ignored while he finishes PL.
Regardless, seeing as most of his Patrons are and have been there just for PL, I think it's a pretty safe bet that PL would win every poll. It's not like he got an influx of new patrons since he released a69. Actually, he's lost a few.

A side note: bringing up the "trap character vote" at this point is just silly. That was over a year ago.

Reactions: Nekura and Luxee

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
He did not. You are twisting his words.
i'm not,maybe i said it that it seems his patron made him do it but,my english sucks sometimes,but you have his post back on page 264 where he says he discussed the game with that patron and they came to conclusion to make a69 is the best option

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Here's where you lost me:
He made a post asking his patrons for feedback on the idea of having polls.
In that post, he said "I want to develop PL more than I do a69."
You took that and went straight to:

I get that you're unhappy with how things have gone, but now you're just imagining worst case scenarios. He tried to (almost clearly) lay out his idea for polls and the things you've said are in no way reflective of anything Luxee actually said.

Here's the thing, Luxee has realized recently that he has fans that have played and liked a69, without even knowing about PL. I think he's just trying to come up with a way to make it so his new fans don't feel completely ignored while he finishes PL.
Regardless, seeing as most of his Patrons are and have been there just for PL, I think it's a pretty safe bet that PL would win every poll. It's not like he got an influx of new patrons since he released a69. Actually, he's lost a few.

A side note: bringing up the "trap character vote" at this point is just silly. That was over a year ago.
It isn't just one post that has me concerned. It's a series of related actions, going all of the way back to that poll about the trap character for PL, because it is very much relevant information. You're just looking at the most recent post in isolation. If I did that too, I'd be inclined to take Luxee's word. But I'm looking at past behavior too, where Luxee has shown that he really wants to write about a trap character, regardless of what people vote for. As I said before, people voted for no trap character in PL, so he circumvents that poll by creating A69. In creating A69, he said that it was a one-time thing, and that his focus would return to PL. Now he is going back on that, and opening the door to more A69. I don't think it's too hard to see the trend that Luxee is going to find an excuse to do A69 sooner rather than later, regardless of how the vote goes. My take on this is that Luxee clearly wants to do more A69, and is trying to find the excuse to do it.

Now, I did play A69. It does need an update because there's not really anything to do with it. And the only characters I care for it in are the sisters and mother, since incest is my thing. But I'd much rather see the next few updates Luxuee works on be for PL, since I know stuff is going to happen there versus maybe stuff happening in the next update of A69, and probably being on characters I am not at all interested in anyway.

Since Luxee does want to do more A69, maybe he should just focus more on PL for now. The sooner they wrap that up, the sooner they could just devote all of their attention to A69. I kind of suspect that we'd get fewer updates for PL that way, but as long as it brings us closure with Ada and Elly, I'm good with that.

sr.

May 13, 2018
Question...
Also 0.7spoils a plot which (can be different for other routes) and then again maybe not....
I said it might change based on a simple change that i think will occur that is
Also they might change if @Luxee just ploted it to...you know hide the real stuff or maybe he is just giving us real hints about story

Ps:- I used word spoiler because i think if it was not in this version (where game compleates) that they were mentioned....they might have been revealed slowly and not in one update....also excuse my english as you might have noticed while reading that it is not my first language

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017
i'm not,maybe i said it that it seems his patron made him do it but,my english sucks sometimes,but you have his post back on page 264 where he says he discussed the game with that patron and they came to conclusion to make a69 is the best option
Ok, my bad, I forgot about that post. I was just going off of Patreon.
I was more taking issue with the suggestion that one patron was influencing the direction of the games.
As I said earlier, the thread seems to just be spawning conspiracy theories lately.
Question...
...It's a series of related actions...
...I'm looking at past behavior too...
...so he circumvents that poll by creating A69...
This brings me back to my original point. I think you're reading too much into all this.
In creating A69, he said that it was a one-time thing, and that his focus would return to PL....
...Since Luxee does want to do more A69, maybe he should just focus more on PL for now....
I mean... he is. He's done exactly what he said he would and jumped right back into developing 0.8.
Just the other day, he said that in the last 3 weeks he's already done more renders for 0.8 than were in the entire 0.7 update.
I've been a patron and member of his Discord for over a year. He's always been upfront with what he's thinking.
If you aren't willing to take him at his word, then nothing I can say will change that.

Reactions: ForeverFree2Be

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
To the folks complaining about how Luxee lied to them - get over it. Plans change, especially when someone gets new information (that there are people out there who like A69). We went through this exact same wailing and gnashing of teeth when DMD got booted off Patreon and MrDots started making Melody. Turns out Melody was pretty good (kind of like A69 is pretty good...). Yeah, it sucks that DMD isn't updated monthly anymore. It sucks that A69 will take away from PL. But, we got Melody. And A69.

Let the man work on what he wants without whining please.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
it's far from same thing as DMD...PL was never axed from patreon and luxee never had to look for other ways of developing the game. Here he just wanted to create new game for which he obviously has lots of passion to make,in the middle of development of PL,using the underwhelming update as a excuse to start work and release new game he discussed with patron while basically bashing 0.7 in the process and completely excluding the option to make it better in some way or release 0.7 alongside content wise better 0.8. Now as Corambis said,a69 will go from one time thing to polls about future updates,it's quite clear which game he really wants to make,his actions contradicts what he's been saying about PL being priority,it's becoming more like an obstacle now.
And there's no problem for me if he wants to switch to a69. Even though i'm huge fan of PL he will survive without my pledge because he'll gain tons of others. I also agree that he should work on something he really wants,he should just be honest about it with his patrons and fans instead of talking about one thing and doing the other.
I'll stop now,too much whining right?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
If he go to make A69 I doubt I will continue to be a patron.That's definitely not the game I sign up.Don't forget that this game will need at least 2-3 more updates before something big happen.So 1 year of content.
To the folks complaining about how Luxee lied to them - get over it. Plans change, especially when someone gets new information (that there are people out there who like A69). We went through this exact same wailing and gnashing of teeth when DMD got booted off Patreon and MrDots started making Melody. Turns out Melody was pretty good (kind of like A69 is pretty good...). Yeah, it sucks that DMD isn't updated monthly anymore. It sucks that A69 will take away from PL. But, we got Melody. And A69.

Let the man work on what he wants without whining please.
And no this is completely au contraire to DmD/Melody situation.Actualy his A69 can be the reason that in the future he got the axe from Patreon.We already having 4 updates per year for PL,maybe even only 3 for this year,if he can't release PL 0.8 before the end of the year.If he go to switch the games every other update we will get no more than 2 updates of each game and trust me that will make both camps realy angry.
About this "Let the man work on what he wants without whining please."
OK why then he don't just say what he realy want to do?Why in one post he is saying he wants to work on PL and the next one he talks about A69,and in the third again for PL.Make your mind man and tell us what you realy want.Then everyone can decide if he wants to support him.

Sep 21, 2017
If he go to make A69 I doubt I will continue to be a patron.That's definitely not the game I sign up.Don't forget that this game will need at least 2-3 more updates before something big happen.So 1 year of content.

And no this is completely au contraire to DmD/Melody situation.Actualy his A69 can be the reason that in the future he got the axe from Patreon.We already having 4 updates per year for PL,maybe even only 3 for this year,if he can't release PL 0.8 before the end of the year.If he go to switch the games every other update we will get no more than 2 updates of each game and trust me that will make both camps realy angry.
About this "Let the man work on what he wants without whining please."
OK why then he don't just say what he realy want to do?Why in one post he is saying he wants to work on PL and the next one he talks about A69,and in the third again for PL.Make your mind man and tell us what you realy want.Then everyone can decide if he wants to support him.

luxee wants the cake....AND the cookie:WutFace:

Reactions: blahblah25
4.20 star(s) 219 Votes