Mar 24, 2022
Thanks. Doing the harem route with all the girls and the wife started getting angry so i thought i had screwed up somehow.
You're welcome and just be careful. One little choice can make the Harem route either fuck up totally or turn it into either Elly's or Ada's route, especially in the beginning of it.

EDIT: Once you return home from Ada's tournament, there's very little ACTUAL choices that you need to make. The game basically turns into a kinetic novel at that point as the last real major choice is Sofi's either Change the Subject or Play Along.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
So just to be clear, the mod we can download in page 620 of this thread is updated to work with the new scenes, right ? Someone probably said it somewhere but there's a lot of messages and it's really much not clear to me.

Mar 24, 2022
So just to be clear, the mod we can download in page 620 of this thread is updated to work with the new scenes, right ? Someone probably said it somewhere but there's a lot of messages and it's really much not clear to me.
I've never used the mod, so that's up to someone else to answer. I used the PDF WT until I memorized it. So hopefully someone else can answer that but according to the post DarkAssassin did update it for 1.1 so it should work with the new content.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
What do you think v1.1 means? Yes of course it's updated...

A bit tricky to install though if you've never used unren.

Here if you need help installing the mod.
You put the unren.bat into the folder where the ParentalLove.exe is.
Then you start the program and press 1 to unren.

View attachment 1842782 View attachment 1842786

After the program has finished you copy the content of the mod into your game folder and overwrite if asked.

It should look like this.

View attachment 1842797

Have fun.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
I've never used the mod, so that's up to someone else to answer. I used the PDF WT until I memorized it. So hopefully someone else can answer that but according to the post DarkAssassin did update it for 1.1 so it should work with the new content.
Ok thanks.

I know I just find it weird to update an old message to update a mod instead of having a new message (being new here and stuff), hence the confusion. Also thanks for the help but I may have extracted everything with rpa extract and unrpyc already before replacing the files. I guess it's the same results in the end. If not and it mess things up, well I'll use unren as advised I guess.

Anyway, thanks.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017

I got to thinking about the issues people are having if they choose to use the mod. It seems there is more going on than just rpyc edits I guess. Usually with renpy it will just use the loose files before the rpas so there isn't any real need to unren anything unless you are editing them yourself. I don't use it so maybe I'm missing something but it seems odd that you would have to unren it in the first place.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I know I just find it weird to update an old message to update a mod instead of having a new message (being new here and stuff), hence the confusion. Also thanks for the help but I may have extracted everything with rpa extract and unrpyc already before replacing the files. I guess it's the same results in the end. If not and it mess things up, well I'll use unren as advised I guess.

Anyway, thanks.
I think you're good as long as you extracted the archives. :D

Mar 24, 2022
I got to thinking about the issues people are having if they choose to use the mod. It seems there is more going on than just rpyc edits I guess. Usually with renpy it will just use the loose files before the rpas so there isn't any real need to unren anything unless you are editing them yourself. I don't use it so maybe I'm missing something but it seems odd that you would have to unren it in the first place.
That's what I was thinking. I've never had to unren anything with any WT mod, but....maybe you do with this one? I have no idea

Reactions: Skeltom
Mar 24, 2022
It's because Luxee decided for whatever reason to pack everything in archives this time around. So to replace the files in question you have to unren.
Hmmm, okay. I know that's not the case with Lain's WT mod for A69. I never had to do that. I'm glad I never used a mod with this game then. The WT PDF was enough for me. Thankfully, I memorized the fucker :LOL::ROFLMAO:

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021
To do the Italian translation I had to disassemble the RPA and decompile the various RPYCs. However, the classic system I use for translation does not work with this new Parental Love 1.1 version and I was forced to directly modify the original scripts, in order to reassemble everything in a single RPA.

Now my version allows the use of 5 languages (English, French, Portuguese, Polish and Italian).

However, I limited myself to translating only the dialogues, not the images as the French, Portuguese and Poles did, so I limited myself to posting my translation only on the Italians thread, not in this official thread.

Also for version 1.0 I have always and only used the WT PDF.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
That's what I was thinking. I've never had to unren anything with any WT mod, but....maybe you do with this one? I have no idea
That's what has me confused. I was under the impression that it was just default behavior for renpy to look for them first. Unless it is one of those mods that replace the rpas themselves but it rare for someone to do that.

It's because Luxee decided for whatever reason to pack everything in archives this time around. So to replace the files in question you have to unren.
Is the mod adding features or something? Otherwise it "should" just point to the loose rpy/rpyc file instead of the rpas. I've personally never seen an issue like this.

Hmmm, okay. I know that's not the case with Lain's WT mod for A69. I never had to do that. I'm glad I never used a mod with this game then. The WT PDF was enough for me. Thankfully, I memorized the fucker :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I don't use a lot of mods but it's been the same every time I have. Drag the files into the game folder, done. This one just seems weird somehow.

Mar 24, 2022
That's what has me confused. I was under the impression that it was just default behavior for renpy to look for them first. Unless it is one of those mods that replace the rpas themselves but it rare for someone to do that.

Is the mod adding features or something? Otherwise it "should" just point to the loose rpy/rpyc file instead of the rpas. I've personally never seen an issue like this.

I don't use a lot of mods but it's been the same every time I have. Drag the files into the game folder, done. This one just seems weird somehow.
Yeah it is, but as long as it works, then weirdness is allowed I guess. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Skeltom

Cf7274

Mar 22, 2020
To do the Italian translation I had to disassemble the RPA and decompile the various RPYCs. However, the classic system I use for translation does not work with this new Parental Love 1.1 version and I was forced to directly modify the original scripts, in order to reassemble everything in a single RPA.

Now my version allows the use of 5 languages (English, French, Portuguese, Polish and Italian).

However, I limited myself to translating only the dialogues, not the images as the French, Portuguese and Poles did, so I limited myself to posting my translation only on the Italians thread, not in this official thread.

Also for version 1.0 I have always and only used the WT PDF.
Hi, you seem kwow something about translation. I get this error on time to time using the multi mod, incest patch and the french translation

Python:
Full traceback:
  File "game/tl/french/scripts/d5.rpy", line 5563, in script
    p "%(j)s non. Tu es [s13w]"
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 721, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/exports.py", line 1419, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/character.py", line 1236, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/character.py", line 1155, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/character.py", line 1135, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u's13w'

While running game code:
I don't alway get the same error but it's the same type, like KeyError u'something'

Last edited:

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021
Hi, you seem kwow something about translation. I get this error on time to time using the multi mod, incest patch and the french translation

Python:
Full traceback:
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 721, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/exports.py", line 1419, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/character.py", line 1236, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/character.py", line 1155, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/character.py", line 1135, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "/home/cfouche/Téléchargements/Games/ParentalLove-version1.1-pc/renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

While running game code:
I don't alway get the same error but it's the same type, like KeyError u'something'
Probably the French translator has not checked the whole sequence of the game, so it can happen that errors come out. Hardly a translator fully tests his translation, so some errors can arise.
You can contact the French author of the translation you find in About (Maxo?). For us translators, the best betatesters are the players. :D

(I know very little English, I use Google Translator ;))

Cf7274

Mar 22, 2020
Probably the French translator has not checked the whole sequence of the game, so it can happen that errors come out. Hardly a translator fully tests his translation, so some errors can arise.
You can contact the French author of the translation you find in About (Maxo?). For us translators, the best betatesters are the players. :D

(I know very little English, I use Google Translator ;))
Ok, thanks

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I know I just find it weird to update an old message to update a mod instead of having a new message (being new here and stuff), hence the confusion
Different modders do things differently. In general, though, when a mod is linked in the OP of a thread, the modder may prefer to update the existing post so the post link in the OP isn't changed, especially if the thread owner doesn't update links frequently/quickly. Check for the post update date or text in the post that identifies what game version it's for.

Reactions: PervyParadox

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I thaught that this game was already completed a long time ago, is there some new stuff or is it just some bugfix and enhanced version ?

4.20 star(s) 217 Votes