MrLuigi94

Sep 18, 2017
Its a good idea, the art is great, and the whole game is kinda a new idea with the draw pen. But I think Disney will take action soon... It has a little too much of their features in the game I think for them to be silent over this... I hope that its gonna take some time for them though.

Tsuana

May 26, 2018
Its a good idea, the art is great, and the whole game is kinda a new idea with the draw pen. But I think Disney will take action soon... It has a little too much of their features in the game I think for them to be silent over this... I hope that its gonna take some time for them though.
Hopefully it won't come to that. There have been a few Disney games floating around before and seeing as the title doesn't immediately allude to known Disney product he might be fine.

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
potential for pregnancy in this game?
Unlikely. Maybe as an endgame condition in a few years.

This looks really nice. If I could change one thing though it would that during sex scenes the bottom of the picture should be above the text box so I don't have to keep pressing H to see the actual penetration. Otherwise great job, I look forward to future releases.
This is a known issue, without a good solution. We always want to show as little of MC as possible, and we don't want to add black bars and make the scene smaller for the people who do like using the h button. We're trying different positions and angles for the future.

Hopefully it won't come to that. There have been a few Disney games floating around before and seeing as the title doesn't immediately allude to known Disney product he might be fine.
We appreciate all the concern, but yes, there are several other more popular and more financially successful games, not to mention the scores of h-artists, who all use the same subject matter without repercussion. As long as you lot don't jinx us by continuing to bring it up, we'll be fine.

Reactions: Wyrme and Sirrah

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
don't the saves from last version work anymore o_O ?
No, sorry. You lot were so adamant before that we change the engine, so we did. :cautious:
But seriously, there might have been a performance problem down the line if the game grows to be as big as we want it to, so it was better to switch now than dozens of updates in and make you restart then. You'll never lose your saves again, we promise.

vader667

Feb 29, 2020
No, sorry. You lot were so adamant before that we change the engine, so we did. :cautious:
But seriously, there might have been a performance problem down the line if the game grows to be as big as we want it to, so it was better to switch now than dozens of updates in and make you restart then. You'll never lose your saves again, we promise.
no worries mate ;)

I'm sure you had your reasons for the engine switch (doesn't matter to me, as long as it works :D), but sure: you better switch 'early' than late.
by asking, I just wanted to make sure it was no bug / sth on my system. I'll happily play through again ;)

Reactions: SID Gaming

Johnny-Doe

Lola's Daddy™︎
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 12, 2018
Bravo developer!
It was very refreshing and daresay unique, to see a game featuring the princesses with romance and "living the fairytale" as main focus instead of prostitution (its getting TOO damn old). The game followed the golden rule of "never go full slut", Cindy was very eager for everything but with a pinch of shyness.
Cindy's main story and conclusion was satisfying and heartwarming, im looking forward to see more of your stories unfold.
Lastly the art was gorgeous and probably the best I have seen in a "mouse" game.

PS Give the game the "romance" it certainly earned it.

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
Johnny-Doe Glad to hear you enjoyed it. One of our main goals was to keep our characters' personalities as close to the OGs as possible, just adult-ified. So some future girls will be sluttier than others, for sure, but it should always be believable based on what is presented in the source material.

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
Hi all,
ParkAfterDark.exe reported as infected by BitDefender.
*shrugs* it isn't. I think BitDefender flags anything that it doesn't have data on, so since we don't have thousands of people playing yet, it shows that way.

vader667

Feb 29, 2020
Hi all,
ParkAfterDark.exe reported as infected by BitDefender.
just tested the whole directory with malwarebytes and defender - showed nothing.
was probably a false alarm. just to be sure somebody check it with something else,
but still.. confident it's a false alarm ;)

Alternate5

May 27, 2020
I'm sorry, but you gotta at least put some hints in the achievements menu. I manage to get all of them, but it was kinda annoying for me personally, since I just got the barest of hints form the titles alone. Other than that, this is a great game.

Ebrietas

Jul 15, 2018
When i try to save

While running game code:
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 37, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 44, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 55, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 57, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 63, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 85, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 88, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 88, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\Zip Files\ParkAfterDark-0.02-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 44, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 57, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 63, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 85, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 88, in execute
File "game/saveload.rpy", line 88, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Park After Dark 0.02
Wed Dec 16 13:16:18 2020

Tonsil10

Sep 8, 2018
Note to self don't click the save pages going back, it crashes that screen

edit: went to AppData/Roaming/RenPy to find park after dark deleted the persistent data there and I got it to work again

Last edited:

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
Note to self don't click the save pages going back, it crashes that screen
Thank you, I found what's causing this. I'm saving extra information about the game (money, girls, etc.) to display on the slot that the autosave isn't, so it's crashing when you move to that save page.

When i try to save
Is this true for you as well? It's when you try to access the quick or auto save pages? The log suggests that, but I'd like to confirm.

4.00 star(s) 44 Votes