jmts16

Aug 20, 2017
I dunno, the game has a cool concept, but progress has been super slow for me to actually like it.
At least we get these awesome peeps that get the game and share with the rest of us.

Feb 12, 2018
Isn't worth downloading right now. I don't get far because the game is full of bugs that make the game crash. Better wait for a bugfix guys...

Sengai

Sep 19, 2017
darn, this is one of the better looking ones too. mostly because i love bush and the girls in this can grow bush or maintain it and i like the historical setting.
anyone know of any other decent training games like this while i wait?

Reactions: Pyjak Slayer

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
There is a giant need of adult games that can transport us to ancient civilizations.

I like this game and I think it has a lot of potential, really hope this game will receive a lot of support.

If I ever make a game, I know where it would take place but all I have is a lot of ideas gathered from history books and good adult games.

Reactions: Detective Ward

morpheusahrms

Sep 11, 2017
Oh you have no idea all the naughty stuff Ancient Rome was up to...... so much goodnes. Not like the Greek and their young boys. Romans had it all.
LMAO. Yeah... sure. Homosexuality and Pederasty have been way more common in Rome (even officially condoned as long as the kids were no free roman citizens), at least behind closed doors. Outwardly they have been as repressed and bland as the Victorians. Nah. Pro Tip: If you ever fall through a wormhole into the ancient times, make a beeline for Alexandria to have fun and anything resembling a nightlife (also the food was much better) ;-)

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Can't really do much due to bugs. Trying to train the slave, and once pass the day, it just bugs out. So yeah, maybe sometime later.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
ok..i downloaded @muttdoggy 's version..clicked the Patronus.exe and BAM..get this...
View attachment 201284
Yeah that's weird. I didn't get any issues with my testing but with all the bugs reported, it could be ANYTHING. Notice the engrish on the warning?
"Failed to call a needed program for the game to work, try to run the game as admin or submit your problem with you computer specs."
You computer specs??
And it's calling for this program from this ConfigParser.rpy line 83 but doesn't say what it is. You could take a look and see what it is asking for on that line with Notepad++ or Atom. Also, you could read the log file in the game folder and see what it says and where it terminates if it does. BTW.. I've never seen a renpy built like this before. Ever.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Yeah that's weird. I didn't get any issues with my testing but with all the bugs reported, it could be ANYTHING. Notice the engrish on the warning?
"Failed to call a needed program for the game to work, try to run the game as admin or submit your problem with you computer specs."
You computer specs??
And it's calling for this program from this ConfigParser.rpy line 83 but doesn't say what it is. You could take a look and see what it is asking for on that line with Notepad++ or Atom. Also, you could read the log file in the game folder and see what it says and where it terminates if it does. BTW.. I've never seen a renpy built like this before. Ever.
perhaps..some games may not actually be worth the effort ...lol...i'll go away now :p

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I ran it again early this morning and with all the wordiness and prompt to click this, click that, do this, do that...(I was a tired doggo), I almost fell asleep so I deleted it and the zips to free up space. You're not alone.

Reactions: Ullubu

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
LMAO. Yeah... sure. Homosexuality and Pederasty have been way more common in Rome (even officially condoned as long as the kids were no free roman citizens), at least behind closed doors. Outwardly they have been as repressed and bland as the Victorians. Nah. Pro Tip: If you ever fall through a wormhole into the ancient times, make a beeline for Alexandria to have fun and anything resembling a nightlife (also the food was much better) ;-)
So which part of "have it all" doesn't include homoseksuality and pederasty?

Zortrax

Apr 24, 2018
After I train the girl one time, the game crashes everytime I sleep. It's a shame, the game has potential.

didochan

Sep 2, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/engine/main_engine.rpy", line 819, in <module>
  File "game/engine/main_engine.rpy", line 737, in main_loop
  File "game/bordello.rpy", line 473, in new_half_hour
  File "game/bordello.rpy", line 396, in new_day
  File "game/bordello.rpy", line 874, in update_occupant_mood
AttributeError: can't set attribute

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "engine/main_engine.rpyc", line 818, in script
  File "D:\game\Patronus\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\game\Patronus\renpy\python.py", line 1888, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/engine/main_engine.rpy", line 819, in <module>
  File "game/engine/main_engine.rpy", line 737, in main_loop
  File "game/bordello.rpy", line 473, in new_half_hour
  File "game/bordello.rpy", line 396, in new_day
  File "game/bordello.rpy", line 874, in update_occupant_mood
  File "D:\game\Patronus\renpy\python.py", line 713, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\game\Patronus\renpy\python.py", line 1014, in __setattr__
    object.__setattr__(self, attr, value)
AttributeError: can't set attribute

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Patronus Trunk
Tue Dec 18 20:22:41 2018

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Did open the taskmanager long time after I tried and quit the game, and apparently it was still running a process. That I didn't like all that much though.

Lepaca

Jun 6, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/inventories.rpy", line 3, in <module>
  File "game/libs/config_parser/ConfigParser.rpy", line 71, in dict_from_config_file
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Patronus\\game\\db\\items.ini'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "inventories.rpyc", line 1, in script
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Patronus\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Patronus\renpy\python.py", line 1888, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/inventories.rpy", line 3, in <module>
  File "game/libs/config_parser/ConfigParser.rpy", line 71, in dict_from_config_file
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Patronus\\game\\db\\items.ini'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Patronus Trunk
Tue Dec 18 22:46:28 2018

I like this game but it wont even run any more. :(

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
If anyone else plays this... close the game down by using the menu and then wait a few minutes. Check Task Manager and see if a game process is still running. If it is, please report it here and on their site which is linked in the OP. If a task is not shut down, let them know in strong terms that is not cool.

3.40 star(s) 23 Votes