MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
No, this has never been on Unity. Frankly I'd love to have been on Unity. This is a renpy effort with tons of work to expand it.
This is probably a dumb question,but if you love for it to be,why didnt you make it on unity or change it over? Purely out of curiosity.

fivesteaks

Sep 22, 2016
This is probably a dumb question,but if you love for it to be,why didnt you make it on unity or change it over? Purely out of curiosity.
Because, as has been made abundantly clear: their way is the correct way, criticism is not really welcome and if you don't like it then "feel free not to play".

• Haha
Reactions: Ullubu

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Because, as has been made abundantly clear: their way is the correct way, criticism is not really welcome and if you don't like it then "feel free not to play".
No, the issue was/is that we chose the wrong engine to begin with and that did not become apparent until far too late in the development cycle. And as said above, we don't have the money to change that. I've spoken to our engine dev, and we'll probably be able to supply a .zip format for those that want it. As to the DLL issue, it's not a typical renpy game, so ... sorry.

Also - Why would we take "criticism" from people that don't even care enough to contribute to the development of the game? You're getting a game for free that I paid for out of my pocket. Play or don't play as you see fit.

• Angry

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
A question. Will Charis be the only incest relationship in the game or will the future have a mother or little sister in added in?

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
A question. Will Charis be the only incest relationship in the game or will the future have a mother or little sister in added in?
There's a designed quest line for the little sister. Marcus does not know she exists at the time the game begins, and until he can unthaw his relationship with either Kreon or Charis, he won't find out. The little sister is a half-sister from his father. Mother is dead, so is father.

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
There's a designed quest line for the little sister. Marcus does not know she exists at the time the game begins, and until he can unthaw his relationship with either Kreon or Charis, he won't find out. The little sister is a half-sister from his father. Mother is dead, so is father.
I do really like the theme of this game. Thank you for keeping it so faithful to the time period. As for the little sister, I am excited to see how Charis and she react to the Marcus's advances.

Razor1911

Apr 29, 2017
"FeEl FrEe tO nOt plAy"
Well you just shooing a future customers.
From the arts and story i was so interested until i read the comment, with that kind of attitude you guys won't last long.
"FeEl FrEe tO pIrAtE"

• Haha

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
In order to seduce Charis, you have to murder her husband or corrupt him.

"FeEl FrEe tO nOt plAy"
Well you just shooing a future customers.
From the arts and story i was so interested until i read the comment, with that kind of attitude you guys won't last long.
"FeEl FrEe tO pIrAtE"
As if you were ever going to contribute anyway. :ROFLMAO:

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's a version without the stupid installer, and below that is a CG rip and all the Ren'Py code de-complied. I figured they would have changed something about their half-assed DRM since the last time I cracked it, but nope.

Note that the version without the installer has not been altered in any way, or the assets/CG/code unpacked or decomplied, it's just the Ren'Py game without the installer. Oh, and don't enable rollback, that breaks the game and @dvemail will never let you hear the end of it.

Patronus v2.5 Alpha Without The Stupid Fucking Installer (489MB): - - -

Patronus v2.5 Alpha CG and Code Rip Only (360MB): - - -

P.S. Attached below is a version of rpaextractor to unpack their RPAs and a batch file to run it. Please don't use this if you want "support" from the developer (which so far has been "feel free not to play").

- Some Guy From F95

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
@bas - Good luck with that. It's basically guaranteed that you broke things. For those folks running the actual release (or even his stripped zip file), support is available on the Discord channel as indicated in the release.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@bas - Good luck with that. It's basically guaranteed that you broke things. For those folks running the actual release (or even his stripped zip file), support is available on the Discord channel as indicated in the release.
Your installer unpacks the game, makes a start menu entry (which many players don't want for an adult game), makes registry entries for the uninstaller/installed programs list, and... what else am I missing that could break the game if not performed?

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hey dvemail,

Thank you for creating the game and come online here to reply to questions and comments.

Some of my thoughts below listed as pro's and cons:
Pros
1) The art. Simply great imo. Thumbs up!
2) The setup. Well done on getting the Roman 'vibe' into the game. I think it works very well and really makes you feel as if you are in Rome. I guess it is mainly due to the many small words and messages you are using.
3) The setup2. Well done on making it look very polished, neat menu's etc etc.
4) Story. Nice background story

Cons
1) I dislike the installer too. Why? I dunno really. Just do, especially if I do not have control over the fact that it creates a menu which I really do not want. It will also make a registry entry I guess? Anyway, I'm sure you have your reasons for it, but yeah don't like that.
2) Bugs. I have a lot of them. I know it is alpha and therefore this surely will get a lot better soon.
Some of the bugs I have repeatedly encountered:
  • Press the green button to the left when getting a massage results in an error.
  • Talking to the guy on the market regarding Fasti results in an error when he says he has no interest in talking to me or tells me to gossip.
  • When finally I got him to talk to me (ignored the bug 5 times) I got a menu of three choices. When all three options fail, you get an error.
  • Cannot travel directly from the slave market to the court house. Travel is generally not very intuitive. First time I traveled to Rome and had to spend the night somewhere, I though I was stuck the next day. Didn't know you had to press the sun or moon to continue travelling. Yes this was explained at the beginning, but many things are and it is easy to forget.
  • Punishing Fasti has resulted many times in an endless red bum for her that does not go away ever.
  • When travelling to and from Rome I occasionally get an error too.
3) I think the hints section & Quest log could use some work. It is sometimes unclear what to do next or where to go next.

Yes there are quite a few bugs at the moment, but it is an alpha version, so that is normal. And even though there are quite a few I believe the Pro's easily outweigh the cons and sooner or later all the bugs will be fixed anyway.

All in all a very promising looking game and I look forward to see the next version (hopefully BETA :D).

Good luck to you and the team.
BurningSun

Reactions: Ullubu and 215303j

mooncan

Oct 2, 2018
Good art and I definitely like the setting but it just lags too much.
Really, why the fuck does a game like this lag?

I can run Skyrim on my laptop and it runs better and smoother than this.

I couldn't continue with the game because of that.

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
@BurningSun - Thanks *VERY* much for that report. Super helpful. I've copied it to the devs.
@mooncan - Yeah, good question. It's because the quest testing loop runs every single game minute right now. We'll abstract to 15 or 30 minutes in a later release. It's python & renpy being basically beaten to death by the engine.

• Angry

MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
No, the issue was/is that we chose the wrong engine to begin with and that did not become apparent until far too late in the development cycle. And as said above, we don't have the money to change that. I've spoken to our engine dev, and we'll probably be able to supply a .zip format for those that want it. As to the DLL issue, it's not a typical renpy game, so ... sorry.
Fair enough,good luck in the future :)

Butcer

Aug 16, 2016
a bit bare bones at the momement, it has potential but im scared it will fail like so many other projects

3.40 star(s) 23 Votes