215303j

Since you can pay for trainers, why do you need to cheat stats? Part of the design was to eliminate endless grinding. If you use the trainers (baths == social, law court == rhetoric, and in the next version Alfidia will train seduction) you can easily get to 50% skill pretty quickly, between training and weekly skill increase rolls.
I did find the training pretty grindy to be honest.
Maybe you can add the option to spend more time and money at once for a bigger stat increase.
Like spend 1 day and 1000S for 5 point increase.
Now, it took me a couple of hours of mindless clicking to get my rhetoric up to a level where I could occassionally win a case.

And during the rhetoric training, the payment went up from 100S, to 200S, 400S and 800S, but after that, further training was free. I assume it's a bug, but I did use UnRen console (Rhetoric = 90) to try to cheat the stat, so maybe I broke something.

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I did find the training pretty grindy to be honest.
Maybe you can add the option to spend more time and money at once for a bigger stat increase.
Like spend 1 day and 1000S for 5 point increase.
Now, it took me a couple of hours of mindless clicking to get my rhetoric up to a level where I could occassionally win a case.

And during the rhetoric training, the payment went up from 100S, to 200S, 400S and 800S, but after that, further training was free. I assume it's a bug, but I did use UnRen console (Rhetoric = 90) to try to cheat the stat, so maybe I broke something.
In terms of adding the possibility of additional training, I think the idea has merit and I'll look into it. Yes, training is not supposed to be free ever. :LOL:

Reactions: 215303j

Elbo

Mar 20, 2018
I'm glad this is still in development, hadn't seen it pop up on here in a while.

215303j

How much incest is/will be in this game?
Planned content include your sister and half-sister (not introduced yet).
So far there is zero actual incest content, as the devs are first concentrating on improving /finishing the engine and then adding game content.

Reactions: Anders Oppenheimer

215303j

I made a fan sig banner, see attachment.
Let me know what you think.

My main problem with the first one (left) is that I'm not sure if the title has enough contrast to the rest of the picture.
But making it darker does not make it nicer. Especially the statue on the left of the P starts to look weird.

The second one (right) is maybe more clear, but the picture is a bit "less nice", in my opinion.

Patronus.jpg \ patronus2.jpg

Babalui

Apr 2, 2019
Great job so far!
Bug report:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label '[rumor_label]'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:patronus\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:patronus\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "D:patronus\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:patronus\renpy\execution.py", line 846, in run_context
context.run()
File "_engine/main_engine.rpyc", line 861, in script call
File "baths.rpyc", line 237, in script call
File "_engine/main_engine.rpyc", line 861, in script call
File "baths.rpyc", line 237, in script call
File "D:patronus\renpy\script.py", line 873, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label '[rumor_label]'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Patronus Trunk
Tue Apr 02 21:59:43 2019

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
So um, I've found this game through searching for romance and trainer (I know trainer games aren't really that wholesome, but I hoped for something akin to Four Elemtens Trainer Love Routes). Is at least the 'rape' optional? Is there a possbility to romance your way through?

Edit: I love that Patronus can be interpreted as a couple of things in this case, defender, pimp or sugar daddy, all depending on the situation :D
The rape is completely optional. In fact, rape has negative consequences. The slave might even cut your throat while you sleep (not implemented yet but on it's way). The 'secret' way around rape is to seduce the women. In the next version there will be a seduction trainer, just as there are other skill trainers. Rape is the fast way to force compliance.

I made a fan sig banner, see attachment.
Let me know what you think.

My main problem with the first one (left) is that I'm not sure if the title has enough contrast to the rest of the picture.
But making it darker does not make it nicer. Especially the statue on the left of the P starts to look weird.

The second one (right) is maybe more clear, but the picture is a bit "less nice", in my opinion.

View attachment 274196 \ View attachment 274205
I like the first one, but you'd have to add a black outline or a white outline of at least a couple of pixels around the text to get it to stand out more.

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
Where the fuck is Diers Veneris? I can't find the guy in the brothers quest. I like the premise of the game, but the gameplay is lacking so far.

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
@bas - I wasn't referring to the zip installer you made. I was under the impression that you were ripping the CG and the code, and there's no way that can work on it's own. The installer was only ever made for convenience, and lots of people hate it. If you thought I was insulting you for the zip file, I wasn't.

• Angry
Reactions: Ullubu

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@bas - I wasn't referring to the zip installer you made. I was under the impression that you were ripping the CG and the code, and there's no way that can work on it's own. The installer was only ever made for convenience, and lots of people hate it. If you thought I was insulting you for the zip file, I wasn't.
Yeah, that's certainly the way I took your earlier post. Thanks for the clarification.

3.40 star(s) 23 Votes