jardinier

May 12, 2020
I can't figure out how to get Maeve, it's August like someone suggested, I have 3 other girls but she's still sitting in the cage so I'm not sure if this is glitched or if there is something else that is supposed to trigger it.
Does anyone actually know how to get her in the latest version?
Did you hire medicos ? I think Maeve is available the day after you hire one. You must go to the forum to receive permitt. You can do this the same day you hire secuty in this version.

jardinier

May 12, 2020
I don't get how to buy Ionus in one shot. On Veneris, i first paid between 1100 to 1900s. The trader Fulvius said : Fulvius.png
Next Solis, I come every hour of the day (from 10AM to 7PM) but i dont find him. I will find him on next Veneris, but i will have to pay around 5000s more. Does somebody had better luck ?

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
I don't get how to buy Ionus in one shot. On Veneris, i first paid between 1100 to 1900s. The trader Fulvius said : View attachment 1046035
Next Solis, I come every hour of the day (from 10AM to 7PM) but i dont find him. I will find him on next Veneris, but i will have to pay around 5000s more. Does somebody had better luck ?
You can`t buy him in one shot, but you can try quick save and quick reload before the second meeting. If you are really that low on the money.
In the older versions he did that 4 or 5 times to me, i mean he always said, meet me next week^^
I think they made it more easy to buy him now. Anyways i don`t think there is a limit that say`s you have to buy him by "XYZ".
5K might not be the cheapest roll, but you can earn like 58K with a single court case, so money becomes pretty fast irrelevant anyways.

Reactions: jardinier

jardinier

May 12, 2020
More problems with Ionus. After buying him from Fulvius, he told me: Ionus.png
So I took him to the farm.
Then every mercurii, I have this exchange with Fasti:
Fasti.png
When I look at the quests log, I get the following advice:
quests log.png
But every time I try to pick him up at the farm, he will run away. And when I try to take her out of the bordello, she will run away. Does anyone have a solution?

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
More problems with Ionus. After buying him from Fulvius, he told me: View attachment 1049420
View attachment 1049428
View attachment 1049431
But every time I try to pick him up at the farm, he will run away. And when I try to take her out of the bordello, she will run away. Does anyone have a solution?
It sounds like you waited weeks before trying to take her to see him at the farm?
As far as I remember, this whole mission has a hidden timer on it, as in.. can be failed if not done within a time limit.. Therefore the first thing I did, after putting the brother to work at the farm, was to pick up his sister at the brothel and travel back to the farm.
Hopefully you have a back up save from when you bought the brother?

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
More problems with Ionus. After buying him from Fulvius, he told me: View attachment 1049420
View attachment 1049428
View attachment 1049431
I had the same problem, but that is basically a "bad roll" the Quest can split up in different parts i only played the part where he is willing to follow to the brothel.
So my suggestion would be reload the day you meet him, i don`t think there is a hidden timer, it is just up to the dice what roll/quest you become basically 50/50 chance. So simply quick save and quick load before the meeting with his brother.

I wonder and i`m curious tho, what the second option is, if there is really a better or less good outcome to it...

B10

Jun 25, 2017
I don't get how to buy Ionus in one shot. On Veneris, i first paid between 1100 to 1900s. The trader Fulvius said : View attachment 1046035
he comes every friday

B10

Jun 25, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 158, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 213, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 219, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 225, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 228, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 660, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 663, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 667, in <module>
  File "game/_engine/extended_stats.rpy", line 692, in owed_to
TypeError: RevertableSet expected at most 1 arguments, got 2

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "_engine/main_engine.rpyc", line 598, in script call
  File "_engine/event_dispatcher.rpyc", line 491, in script call
  File "merchant_dialog.rpyc", line 541, in script call
  File "merchant_dialog.rpyc", line 81, in script
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\ast.py", line 1947, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\ast.py", line 1935, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\exports.py", line 2896, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 213, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 219, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 225, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 228, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 663, in execute
  File "game/screens/inventory.rpy", line 667, in <module>
  File "game/_engine/extended_stats.rpy", line 692, in owed_to
  File "D:\Nieuwe map\Patronus - v3.2.6_r2\renpy\python.py", line 964, in __init__
    set.__init__(self, *args)
TypeError: RevertableSet expected at most 1 arguments, got 2

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Patronus Trunk
Tue Feb 23 15:55:46 2021

alechv

Jul 5, 2019
I think there's a lot to like in this game, but the randomness of income makes almost everything you do feel pointless. Whats the point of running a brothel if so many things only give a pittance of sestertii, then a single vaginal sex makes more money then the entire previous two weeks combined. I've earned three times as much from a single court case then my brothel has made in my entire play time but then the next trial is a difficult one where I defend a senatorial and I get like 12 sestertii .. ok...

my point being, success in this game feels like its 90% luck, 10% grind and 0% skill, which is a shame cause other aspects like the art and the way the setting is used are great

Last edited:

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
I think there's a lot to like in this game, but the randomness of income makes almost everything you do feel pointless. Whats the point of running a brothel if so many things only give a pittance of sestertii, then a single vaginal sex makes more money then the entire previous two weeks combined. I've earned three times as much from a single court case then my brothel has made in my entire play time but then the next trial is a difficult one where I defend a senatorial and I get like 12 sestertii .. ok...

my point being, success in this game feels like its 90% luck, 10% grind and 0% skill, which is a shame cause other aspects like the art and the way the setting is used are great
The randomness in general.. Like any result really, if you make a safe before doing something and reload it to get another result, you most likely will. In court cases for example, a perfect success will not only earn money but also fame and glory etc. So each time I do court, I make a safe when asked if I'm sure I want to spend 4 hours looking for clients, and again after ask if I want to defend a case. Then I keep loading until seeing a profitable case (at my stage its murder or poison cases) and save in a different slot, then I keep loading till I like what the client has to say/winning chances etc. and make a 3rd save slot, and keep loading this to do the case and eventually get a perfect success, boosting 2-4 attributes along with a lot of money, often highest possible amount.

So here it is pure luck and grind.

Same with everything else, I make a back up safe before pressing "Go" and reload till getting the result I want, in play time it takes longer but in game days it's shorter ;)

Reactions: jungmonk

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017

At this point in the game it may feel like your goal is money, like in so, so, so, so many games. It isn't. The game makes it clear that your goal is actually to become a man of note in rome, not just to pay off a shitty moneylender who is trying to find a way to ride on your coattails. This game is under very active (albeit slow) development, and we're trying to balance the sex scene releases with the game system releases.

Yes, a single successful court case in the defense of a senator accused of treason against the emperor might pay you 1M sestertii or more, cancelling your entire debt. That's NOT a mistake. Money is not the goal of the game. Fame and power are the goals. Fame and power in ancient rome do not come from money - there are lots of wealthy men in rome. Fame and power come from the traditions of the state:
  • Become a senator, or
  • Become a patron of the plebs, or
  • Become an infamous gangster
THEN
  • Consolidate a power base
  • Fuck *all* the bitches
  • Manage a gens of the most famous courtesans in all of rome
  • Do horrible shit with your sister
THEN
  • Run for political office on a wave of money and corruption
  • Maybe try to become emperor?

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
At this point in the game it may feel like your goal is money, like in so, so, so, so many games. It isn't. The game makes it clear that your goal is actually to become a man of note in rome, not just to pay off a shitty moneylender who is trying to find a way to ride on your coattails. This game is under very active (albeit slow) development, and we're trying to balance the sex scene releases with the game system releases.

Yes, a single successful court case in the defense of a senator accused of treason against the emperor might pay you 1M sestertii or more, cancelling your entire debt. That's NOT a mistake. Money is not the goal of the game. Fame and power are the goals. Fame and power in ancient rome do not come from money - there are lots of wealthy men in rome. Fame and power come from the traditions of the state:
  • Become a senator, or
THEN
  • Fuck *all* the bitches
THEN
Crassus - *before* the reign of the Caesars and the vast confiscation of wealth into the personal treasury of the Emperor - was worth well over 200m sestertii. During the high imperial period, the Emperor had direct access to wealth in the billions, roughly the economic power of Musk or Bezos. And even then, the power was not from the money. It was from the mob, and from the legions. Most of us in the west (US, EU) have been trained to think of money as power. The reality is what Mao said: " 枪杆子里面出政权 " - Power comes from the barrel of the gun.

alechv

Jul 5, 2019

• Become a senator, or
THEN
  • Fuck *all* the bitches
THEN
thank you for the reply, much appreciated! I can understand what youre saying, once I got my first big win and had that financial security, I already found myself ignoring the money in favour of long term goals like self improvement, socializing (and enjoying my brothel!).

That said though, I would still advocate for something like visible minimum prices that scales with your skill (or the quality of your slaves and establishment in case of the brothel) and add invisible variance on top of that to make up the final amount you get paid.

Money is not the goal of the game, but when you give me ways of earning it, I would still like those ways to feel both logical and rewarding. I would like to know what my services are worth and to see my efforts translate into tangible results. I think that kind of thing is important in any part of a game. Even if its something as simple as a price list in the brothel and some kind of indicator of roughly how much my services might be worth to my client before I accept the case.

I hope that made sense. and I want to stress, there's a lot about this game I like, which is why I decided to post :)

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
thank you for the reply, much appreciated! I can understand what youre saying, once I got my first big win and had that financial security, I already found myself ignoring the money in favour of long term goals like self improvement, socializing (and enjoying my brothel!).

That said though, I would still advocate for something like visible minimum prices that scales with your skill (or the quality of your slaves and establishment in case of the brothel) and add invisible variance on top of that to make up the final amount you get paid.

Money is not the goal of the game, but when you give me ways of earning it, I would still like those ways to feel both logical and rewarding. I would like to know what my services are worth and to see my efforts translate into tangible results. I think that kind of thing is important in any part of a game. Even if its something as simple as a price list in the brothel and some kind of indicator of roughly how much my services might be worth to my client before I accept the case.

I hope that made sense. and I want to stress, there's a lot about this game I like, which is why I decided to post :)
The problem with the brothel earning at the moment is that your brothel is a shithole. When we are able to improve the place the amount of money you make from tasks will improve, people will be happier with the service, etc. No matter how good your girls are at their job, doing it under the broken down bridge near the waste dump is going to effect earnings. I believe girls will eventually get patrons that favor them which I assume will earn more money and rep as well. We're just waiting for the systems to be in place for all of that at the moment.

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
The problem with the brothel earning at the moment is that your brothel is a shithole. When we are able to improve the place the amount of money you make from tasks will improve, people will be happier with the service, etc. No matter how good your girls are at their job, doing it under the broken down bridge near the waste dump is going to effect earnings. I believe girls will eventually get patrons that favor them which I assume will earn more money and rep as well. We're just waiting for the systems to be in place for all of that at the moment.
That's completely correct, and *fingers crossed* we're one or two releases at most from that stuff happening in the game - asculum improvement, bordello improvement, rome villa purchase are all critical to get out soon. However we're *also* trying to get the save/lod thing fixed and the cheat menu added.

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hey, a small update for everyone - Some of you really like the dressup game we've made for the girls. Our own @lanternofdarkness has done a new version. We will post it this week on the Subscribestar page, free for all our subscribers. This version features both Maeve and surprise Charis!

3.40 star(s) 23 Votes