• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

mevony

Dec 4, 2016
Can't even start the game...
While running game code:
File "game/inventories.rpy", line 3, in <module>
File "game/config_parser/ConfigParser.rpy", line 78, in dict_from_config_file...

I just realised that almost the same error was posted previously

Except, I'm on win10 pro 32b

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
To start with your Slave tell her to stay here when you are in the screen with the old woman. After that talk to the woman again and you are able to give her a bath.

That is the same reason why your spanking game is not working.

Not being able to buy things is not a bug. You can only do that on Sundays as it says in the game. the dies Solis

Reactions: Ullubu

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
I'm downloading now, but am trying to contain excitement. I kind of wish I wouldn't have seen this thread until about a year from now. I hate it when I'm this early to the party.

Definitely will be keeping an eye on this regardless of the demo, though. The themes and artwork are delish. Granted, I'd personally love to play as one of the slaves, but this could still be good. :)

BannableOffense

Apr 28, 2018
Does anyone else find it weird that Marcus talks to Fasti like she's a foreigner?

I mean aren't they both Roman? Yet he asks about her culture from the perspective of an outsider.

Glaz64

Jun 11, 2017
Does anyone else find it weird that Marcus talks to Fasti like she's a foreigner?

I mean aren't they both Roman? Yet he asks about her culture from the perspective of an outsider.
I think it's meant to indicate his lack of understanding of slaves and how to train them, but yes it is incredibly clunky, especially considering she demonstrably does understand him, if he asks her about herself at the slave market.

gusxxx

Nov 28, 2017
@dvemail Hi any chance this will get a mac release, wine doesn't work
This is the first renpy game I couldn't play with Wine, unfortunately because this game seems really promising.

Can't even start the game...
While running game code:
File "game/inventories.rpy", line 3, in <module>
File "game/config_parser/ConfigParser.rpy", line 78, in dict_from_config_file...

I just realised that almost the same error was posted previously

Except, I'm on win10 pro 32b
With Wine I can simulate (yes I know is not the real thing) windows, XP, 2003 and 7 I also got this exactly same error message for all the versions.

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I think it's meant to indicate his lack of understanding of slaves and how to train them, but yes it is incredibly clunky, especially considering she demonstrably does understand him, if he asks her about herself at the slave market.
Yeah, its very clunky. I'm the one that wrote it. The interrogation dialog is an actual system in the game, and its not good for same culture at this moment. It's on my to-fix list.
... like about 300 other things

Isamu

Apr 12, 2018
The mini game .. I don't understand what's the point. I've been beating my slave with a stick for weeks now and she still refuses me. I understand you hit the green spot but you can keep hitting her for ever.. I tried ilegit spent an hour none stop with a stick hitting the tiny little green line her ass is legit lacerated like as if I took an exacto knife and cut her all day long.... and yet she still refuses... What are you supost to do?

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
once you unlock her actions and open the brothel the alpha is at an end. that's the end of the current content

Embarrassment

May 19, 2017
Just a slight discrepancy, but the writing on the sign caught my eye.

When it came to Latin, the Romans did not use the letter U like in modern European languages such as English or French. Rather the letter V was used to as both a u as well as a w as Latin in the Classical times neither had or used the letter "v" in the modern sense. Latin orthography when used in official business (signage, column writing, official documentation) was only ever used in capital (upper-case pretty much) whilst an archaic form of cursive writing in the lower-case was used as a form of handwriting in regard to letters, notes or accounts. An example of this type of cursive writing is in the spoiler below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Therefore in regard to the sign shown to be worn around the slaves neck, "natus est servus" should instead be written as:

NATVS EST SERVVS [feminine: NATA EST SERVA]

---

Even then from my basic understanding of Latin, I assume that the creator of the image is attempting to denote that the slave shown "was born a slave". In such a case, the Romans had a for such slaves born into existing bondage, otherwise known as:

VERNA [pronounced wer-na]

---

I have therefore taken the spare time to make a revision to this:

---

Conversely the word for a generic slave in Latin is SERVA [masculine: SERVVS] whilst a female that has been captured but not yet sold into slavery is a CAPTIVA [masculine: CAPTIVVS]. I am willing to help with you devs with any other matters relating to Latin in the game, though other than that I hope this piece of constructive criticism may be of help.

pingp

Apr 14, 2017
Not being able to buy things is not a bug. You can only do that on Sundays as it says in the game. the dies Solis
But I bought stuffs for the whole week, and system used most of them in one day, just for ...maybe one or two clients...

that's the problem.

And my finger almost broken by click on the button of bought stuffs... hope improve the UI...

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
I am so confused here. All I seem to be able to do is travel around and talk to people, but yet alot of people are talking about buying a slave already. Where can you do that? The only thing I'm able to purchase so far is food from the merchant. Otherwise it's just travel around, meeting the dude in Rome that you owe all the money to and just doing nothing but talk to the characters that are in their zones (sis at villa, farmer dude, merchant and the dude following you everywhere).

Edit:
Nevermind, found the entrance to the bordello

Isamu

Apr 12, 2018
once you unlock her actions and open the brothel the alpha is at an end. that's the end of the current content
YEa I finally figured it out that you can't let the line exit the green even when it recoils from the spanking. Finally got it to work. The mini game is not really clear INGAME but it's an interesting over all game. Just not a fan of mini games in general. But once you get the hang of it it's not to bad. I do like the art style! Hopefully it's gets a bit more animated in later versions! Interesting time period.

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
The mini game .. I don't understand what's the point. I've been beating my slave with a stick for weeks now and she still refuses me. I understand you hit the green spot but you can keep hitting her for ever.. I tried ilegit spent an hour none stop with a stick hitting the tiny little green line her ass is legit lacerated like as if I took an exacto knife and cut her all day long.... and yet she still refuses... What are you supost to do?
She refuses you because you have beens beating her with a stick for weeks. You can only beat her from time to time. If not, she (obviously) hates you. You should let the time pass, let her heal her wounds and beat her just maybe once a week or so.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
i am not sure i understand the game's homepage.
and this thread is about Alpha 1.1
when i talk to somebody then i sometimes see
this content will be updated in a future release
but homepage says alpha are

Alpha Release Progress

engine CODING 100%
background ART 100%
character ART 100%
DIALOG 100%
bug FIXES 95%
so why do we get this message
this content will be updated in a future release