Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I don't know why you think the game is open source. The engine RenPy is open source, but the game is copyrighted by our team, and we've taken small measures to protect our assets. It's not designed for people to steal. Will they do so, like 'boassapplesauce'? sure, they will. But don't expect us to support in any way ripped off and broken code.

Second, I *never* see anyone who says that they are 'happy to donate' ever do so. People that want input on the direction of the game will donate, people that want to complain about a free game developed at great expense by others - like you - will not.

Also, I believe that many, if not most of the weird loop issues that people are seeing are issues with the cracked/stolen assets version, we're not seeing it from our play testers.
You must be new here so allow me to inform you coming off with a stand off approach like that will never end well for you or the game. I have seen plenty of "Dev Reps" do this only to invoke the mob/wraith of this board and the game goes on to be blasted into obscurity I don't think you understand where most people go if they are not on here they goto 4chan Reddit hongfire all those sites that you would use for advertising and blast your game so word to the wise you are doing it wrong.

As far as saying you never see people who say they are happy to donate never do clearly you don't know this board there are TONS of people who donate to MULTIPLE games at a time on this site so there is that and for you saying "Your stolen game must be broken" Could be but that still doesn't excuse the fact of the piss poor managment the wasted amount of clicking and tabs you need to burn through and the shitty mini game that is no fun tideous and straight badly made.

Embarrassment

May 19, 2017
How many people would know about this game if not for a forum like this? People will not contribute if don´t know that the game even exists.
Indeed. Considering the game due to its content cannot reliably access platforms like Patreon, without having to restrict its scope - it only adds weight to the importance of utilising other avenues in spreading its presence. It also highlights the need to maintain an atmosphere that is inclusive rather than exclusive to the wider gaming community.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I don't know why you think the game is open source. The engine RenPy is open source, but the game is copyrighted by our team, and we've taken small measures to protect our assets. It's not designed for people to steal. Will they do so, like 'boassapplesauce'? sure, they will. But don't expect us to support in any way ripped off and broken code.

Second, I *never* see anyone who says that they are 'happy to donate' ever do so. People that want input on the direction of the game will donate, people that want to complain about a free game developed at great expense by others - like you - will not.

Also, I believe that many, if not most of the weird loop issues that people are seeing are issues with the cracked/stolen assets version, we're not seeing it from our play testers.
First off, this is a game pirating forum. Not sure what you expected?

Second, I'd appreciate if you'd at least @ me so I can participate in a conversation you're having about me.

Third, I did the exact same thing to your game that we do to every game here; unpack the assets, compress the images/videos/audio and share for people with low or limited bandwidth.

Fourth, you have a Ren'Py game pop a half-dozen cmd windows at launch and are surprised & unhappy that someone wanted to look under the hood? That seems disingenuous to me at best.

And finally, ask around, I don't break games, I fix them.

drakix

Jun 28, 2017
Take it easy guys, i sense some tension here, why don't we act like mature people and talk without hurting each others feelings okay?

Reactions: mazqaz

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Take it easy guys, i sense some tension here, why don't we act like mature people and talk without hurting each others feelings okay?
Yeah @klx - quit being such a wet sack of dicks to everyone before I tell mom.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Is this before or after the required peeking on her in the shower?

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Proposed content in next Alpha
1. Updates to add a boobjob scene - very likely
2. Reworked skill progression system - very likely
3. First pass at a primitive quest tracking system - likely but not certain
4. Updates to content controls - iffy - 50%?
5. Rework on mini-game - iffy

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
How many people would know about this game if not for a forum like this? People will not contribute if don´t know that the game even exists.
Let's be very clear here. So far, the main benefit I have received from publishing on this platform is the free game testing. That's a very real benefit to the team and I don't play it down. It's very valuable. However, not a single dime of donation has been generated, so I regard all claims here of 'will gladly donate if' with a great degree of skepticism.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Let's be very clear here. So far, the main benefit I have received from publishing on this platform is the free game testing. That's a very real benefit to the team and I don't play it down. It's very valuable. However, not a single dime of donation has been generated, so I regard all claims here of 'will gladly donate if' with a great degree of skepticism.
Well as I said when you came off stand offish like that you legit became anti dimes and lost a ton of faith.

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
Rome wasn't built in a day.

I think most people need to see the project is solid after a few regular updates before starting to donate.

drakix

Jun 28, 2017
Don't take it personally, but you really need to learn how to communicate with an audience, because the way things are going right now i don't see a bright future no matter how good the game is, and it saddens me because i see some great potential in the game.
My advice for you is to try not to ask too much for support because if people see that you put effort in your game they will support without having to tell them, and you don't have to comment on everyone's post each time they talk except if necessary, and if things doesn't look good switch to patreon and try to adjust (hide behind a patch or something) content that doesn't fit with patreon rules, since a lot of developers are doing right now, and people are more used to patreon than your method.
You had a rough start, but i believe that you can still recover from this,just treat people with respect especially the mods because one day you will probably have to address a larger audience and you can't keep speaking to them like this.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Rome wasn't built in a day.

I think most people need to see the project is solid after a few regular updates before starting to donate.
Well, I have no opinion on this game itself as I haven't played it.

But I will always just go back to the example of Mythic Manor.

Jikei had literally $4 in total pledges when I posted 0.1, now he's making $5.5k a month after 0.3 two or three months later, with here(and reddit's lewd game equivalent posting public versions to be fair) being the only marketing he's really had.

The cream will rise to the top if it is good in the end.

Solicat

May 14, 2017
There's a mistake in the main character's biography: the last of the Antonines was Commodus, not Domitian (who was the last of the Flavians).

I like the concept of the game and I will follow it closely but the UI is really unintuitive.

3.40 star(s) 23 Votes