VN Ren'Py Abandoned Patter [Ch 2 Part 1] [Kalloway]

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Ch 2 is public now at
And it lost its itch.io page weeks ago. We should consider updating the cover page links.

(Fair warning: The new update has minimal explicit content compared to the initial release and mostly concerns dealing with serious emotional issues.)
You're 10 days late. Although I suppose I don't blame you for not recognizing that the thread is mislabeled, even though I reported it to the mods, because the version currently uploaded here is "Chapter 2 Part 1", not "Chapter 1 Part 1".

Reactions: Emelex

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
You're 10 days late. Although I suppose I don't blame you for not recognizing that the thread is mislabeled, even though I reported it to the mods, because the version currently uploaded here is "Chapter 2 Part 1", not "Chapter 1 Part 1".
Sorry about that. But the bits about the chapter number and itch.io are still relevant.

ZRK110

Mar 1, 2022
Anyone know if there is a way to somehow change the names of the characters through the games files? This is a farfetched question but im just curious.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlexaSky

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
Jun 16, 2021
A fairly small update all things considered, but I like the differences between choosing to minimize hypnosis and personality alterations and choosing to do both as much as possible. It really makes your actions feel like they have consequences. Keep up the attention to details, it keeps a game like this alive.

I can't help but notice, Darcy's getting dropped pose this time is pretty much Sadie's pose very early in the game. Reusing data isn't a bad thing since this is still in development though, so I am not complaining.

On a side note,
1) I know I'm not the only one that would like to see the affects of the hypnosis, specifically via the eyes, as they start to drop and enter the trance. The eyes are the window to the soul after all, and seeing the glazed, blank expression is integral to the process for this particular fetish. It would be really neat to see this going forward instead of just eyes closed instant sleep.
I will continue requesting this any chance I get until it becomes annoying, so apologies in advance!

Reactions: SolusSama

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So how's the dev doing? The previews of the patron-locked posts all seemed to hint at the dev not doing okay, and it's been a week and a half since their last "weekly" status update. Do any patrons know what's going on with that?

CornerEnthusiast

Jan 6, 2019
So how's the dev doing? The previews of the patron-locked posts all seemed to hint at the dev not doing okay, and it's been a week and a half since their last "weekly" status update. Do any patrons know what's going on with that?
His job changed his shift times, a cut on the inside of his mouth got infected, and he spent about half of March unable to work on the game. After his situation got better, he got back to work and stated he felt comfortable getting the next release out in March. As you can probably tell, March has passed with no new release. There hasn't been any information passed this.

I'm hoping people stick around, so he doesn't lose motivation to continue this project.

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Actually really enjoyed this despite mind control not being my thing. Only tried the vanilla route and it basically just felt like role-playing a counselor; nothing creepy. Great dialogue, got a few chuckles in, and felt pretty natural for the most part.

Hopefully the dev gets better ^

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
a cut on the inside of his mouth got infected
asdkfjfk. Glad that's in the past. ...I hope. Hopefully passing two weeks without the supposedly weekly progress update isn't a sign that things have gone bad. I can be patient for updates, and even with a dev being silent because they don't like to constantly post progress reports, but it's another matter when their well-being is in question. Ah well, a week's delay isn't *too much* reason to worry yet.

Reactions: Repuci

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Okay, now I'm starting to get worried about the dev's well-being. Apparently there's a Patron-only Discord. Does anyone know if they've been seen there, or online at all, just to be sure they're alright? Some info about why they've been silent would be nice, too. Hopefully it's just, "I was afraid of the entitled whining I'd get when I said I haven't been making progress on the next update."

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Okay, now I'm starting to get worried about the dev's well-being. Apparently there's a Patron-only Discord. Does anyone know if they've been seen there, or online at all, just to be sure they're alright? Some info about why they've been silent would be nice, too. Hopefully it's just, "I was afraid of the entitled whining I'd get when I said I haven't been making progress on the next update."
I've been checking their discord and patron pretty much every day, and I haven't seen anything more recent than their last active date here. I'm pretty worried myself. Honestly it always gives me a knot in my stomach when someone disappears like that, even if they are a stranger. Especially with the situation in the world right now...

Hopefully even if they're done with the game they'll let us know they're okay eventually. I'm okay with a game being dropped, but someone potentially being hurt or worse really sucks.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bricoman69

AlisaB

Jun 19, 2018
As long as hes not dead or in coma he should have been able to type some short message on Patreon or Disord.
Hes either in really bad shape or (which is more likely) got bored with the project and abandoned it.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
I really vibe mind control so enjoyed this, it was a solid start, looking forward to seeing where things go from here.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Something appears to have happened to the dev. Their last post on their patreon was a progress update.... 2 months ago.
Not just the Patreon, but their personal Discord as well. Apparently their last post there was at the same time as their "last seen" date on this site, which was April 3. I hope they're alright.

• Wow
Reactions: Vanndril
4.90 star(s) 14 Votes