Ren'Py Peaches Are Not the Only Fruit [v0.06(b)] [Vivien]

4.40 star(s) 16 Votes

augustspied

May 29, 2021
This. BestDev Vivian is keeping it true and real and props for that!
Wholeheartedly agree. After playing a lot of these games it was a surprise to come across this one, first time ive been desperate to see what happens next in a long time.
Whilst I get what people are saying re "ugly women" that's not only life, beauty is completely subjective. One mans beauty is another mans ogre?

If excellent looking renders of photoshopped perfection is your thing - then there's an absolute abundance of games for you to play and choose from.

I think as it stands this game is more or less unique, maybe even creating a new genre sidestepping away from that of Plump city and the like.

augustspied

May 29, 2021
I can assure you the Dev is working hard on the next update, won't be takin long now before the public release !
And I agree, he goes for quality and 'realistic', and is running a one-man show, so his effort is very much appreciated (y)
Excellent!

Do you know of anyway to support him? I've contributed/donated to completed games in the past ive not enjoyed half as much as this partial one and would like to show my appreciation.

patrickB

Dec 23, 2017
Excellent!

Do you know of anyway to support him? I've contributed/donated to completed games in the past ive not enjoyed half as much as this partial one and would like to show my appreciation.
I don't think 'Vivien' has a patreon page or some sort, but best way at the moment would be to give a good (but honnest of course) review, if you really like the game ...

Reactions: augustspied

augustspied

May 29, 2021
After playing through Peaches Are Not The Only Fruit 0.02 or 'PANTOF' (that kind of acronym is always a good start) several times now and finding all of the current possibilities I have to say my overall opinion so far is that it's excellent.

I felt myself anxious for the next installment (I honestly cant remember the last time I played an incomplete game and got the same sense of anticipation) and to discover where the story leads and the encounters that come with it.

The game focusses around a male protagonist (namable) as he initially finds himself somewhere to live and then his first day/s at a pharmaceutical company. I found the visuals excellent (I am an English guy) and the whole thing really did feel like it could be set in my town, from the town centre in the initial screen to the house you stay in, the pub, the alleyway. All of them could easily have been in my neighborhood and that was unlike a game I had played before.
I guess if you happen to live in Malibu or Monaco youre used to the swish settings most of these kind of games boast.

I also found the ladies so far to be very intriguing/interesting at the absolute least - I have read through many comments about the way some of them look and I have to argue that this is is actually far more accurate and realistic of say my local town than anything else I've ever played.
Whilst perfect looks, figure of 8 bodies, silicone boobs and immaculate complexions are great and have their place - how often do you actually meet people like that? For myself the answer would be never and so again this is another level of realism offered. I thought the ladies available were a much more accurate depiction of of senior and middle aged, housewives than any other I'd played to date.

As these visual novels for many (including myself) are often used as a way to act out ones own fantasy/ies - hence the ability to change names of characters and become part of the story - I can say this one totally grabbed hold of me and I found It was VERY easy to imagine myself part of this scenario - a feat I think most devs set out to achieve.

The storyline and dialogue are well written, often humorous and again (as an English guy) the words, slang etc really added another sense of realism and were relatable for me.

As well as the BBW, mature, housewife style tags this game may have already received, I think you could definitely add voyeurism to them, with many of the scenes allowing either upskirt/downblouse again presented very naturally. On top of this the inclusion of pubic hair. Very rarely do these games ever have any and if so it always looks "for the sake of it" I thought that was again done very naturally and far more realistic than in other games. I think these small details alone would set it apart from the norm.

I havent before played a game like this one and unless someone can correct me I think it currently stands alone in what it's trying to accomplish. I don't know anything about the developer or any of their previous projects, however if this is their first then it deserves even more kudos and if not I'd definitely been interested in anything else they've created.

I thought hard about any criticisms I had so that this could be as subjectively as possible, but I honestly dont really have any.
Sure a "replay gallery" would be nice, I guess.. Personally I wouldnt care either way and if you make use of the huge amounts of save blocks this can be achieved yourself anyway.

I eagerly await the next edition and implore anyone whose not given this a go to do so. Don't judge by the few screenshots, give it 30 mins of your time.

Below - (Some of my fav images so far)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
The game i dead... the new update takes now over 5 months. This isn't worth it...
It's definitely not dead. I know it's hard to wait but the dev is just one person, it's their first attempt at a game, and is not asking for any money. In such a situation you have to understand that real life intervenes and the dev can't be working full time on the game, so patience and offering encouragement/feedback is helpful.

Amaziri

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2021
Have been trawling online trying to find an update / support page for the developer - already a HUGE fan of this - probably the most "realistic" game ive played in a long time.

I wanted to help contribute to keep this project going, but was unable to find a patreon/subscribestar or anything where I could follow this or throw a few quid at to ensure it continues?
I hope he will listen to you and open something :giggle:

augustspied

May 29, 2021
It's definitely not dead. I know it's hard to wait but the dev is just one person, it's their first attempt at a game, and is not asking for any money. In such a situation you have to understand that real life intervenes and the dev can't be working full time on the game, so patience and offering encouragement/feedback is helpful.
Exactly, most of the games I've played and followed over the years make use of donations via selling the game early or their patreons. A couple have even been fortunate enough to turn this into their occupations.
This is someone essentially Anon, not asking for a penny or actually anything at all other than to appreciate their work.

Software and assets cost money, not to mention the vast amounts of time it takes even to render a single image. To write the story and make sure the various options actually work.. When you consider this person probably has a full time job and maybe a family too, I don't think 5 months per update is too bad going at all!

I hope he will listen to you and open something :giggle:
Hopefully! I know some people are more than happy to stay in the shadows and just do what they do without recognition and thats commendable by itself, but for all the reasons mentioned above and more its definitely something they should look at. From the various forums and posts I've read, there are plenty of people following this!

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
only complain is that devs always goes from 1 extreme to the other extreme and rarely (if never) mix together.

i mean, how many games have shown content of young beautyful fit girls in the same time as girl thicc like this ?

i bet a chicken can count it with his fingers and won't miss one.

would be nice to have a game that mix both of theses together, so that it will please to everybody and....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

forget about what i said before... :sneaky:

game is nice in itself, but sure would be nice to have more variety other than a world populated by thicc girls only. (even if it's part of the game... it did plan realism... and that's seriously NOT realistic at all. world is a bag of mix.

just saying.

Reactions: deltami

nfawns21

Feb 19, 2019
You know I don't have anything against big women in fact I've played a few titles that have them and were quite enjoyable but these women are just plain ugly and not just ugly but blind men wouldn't fuck them ugly.

4.40 star(s) 16 Votes