Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'm not buying either of these theories, he's a tyrant, the first thing he'd get in order is his own harem, whether they are goblin, human or elf, his strength is reliant on keeping a constant supply of fresh, loyal troops coming forth (even if they weren't being bred by him specifically they would still be in the breeding chambers for his top warriors to use), any outlying tribes under his dominion would only get to keep their females once his harem was full. The only explanation I can think of for there being no females about is that he didn't want the competition.
There is another theory I got after thinking about it.
He was an old Goblin and probably only King in name, the war (Nergals) did cost him most of his subjects and like mentioned before includeing his women (they are considered the strongest Warriors among the Goblins).
When we attacked his stronghold there were only few Goblins and Trolls which he had lured into his tribe to bolster his ranks and avoid a rebellion, the other tribes still prepared for one as the Pigmy attack proved shortly after we dispatched the old Kings last men.
Without any other tribe listening to his commands they kept their females to breed their own numbers and prepare for their uprising, only the green Goblins remained halfway loyal to him and Shakalah was their only female.
what is the percentage for shakala to birth a girl ?
Without the Patch from the OP 0% afterwards quiet high and growing each time it didn't succeed
Well,Black Goblins are the near we get to hobgoblins in this game,since they are bigger and stronger than the average goblins,and will probably result on more content for your raids
they also rule in the mountains and have access to iron lores and mines, which addsup with the promisses of forges in our stronghold

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I get the arguments but in the absence of a female goblin shouldn't there have been a breeding den with captured women. Guessing that may have been too dark a path to follow because what would the MC do with them or the goblins as a punishment?

Rietto

Jun 15, 2020
There is another theory I got after thinking about it.
He was an old Goblin and probably only King in name, the war (Nergals) did cost him most of his subjects and like mentioned before includeing his women (they are considered the strongest Warriors among the Goblins).
When we attacked his stronghold there were only few Goblins and Trolls which he had lured into his tribe to bolster his ranks and avoid a rebellion, the other tribes still prepared for one as the Pigmy attack proved shortly after we dispatched the old Kings last men.
Without any other tribe listening to his commands they kept their females to breed their own numbers and prepare for their uprising, only the green Goblins remained halfway loyal to him and Shakalah was their only female.

Without the Patch from the OP 0% afterwards quiet high and growing each time it didn't succeed

they also rule in the mountains and have access to iron lores and mines, which addsup with the promisses of forges in our stronghold
and how much it grows ? like 5%,10%?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I get the arguments but in the absence of a female goblin shouldn't there have been a breeding den with captured women. Guessing that may have been too dark a path to follow because what would the MC do with them or the goblins as a punishment?
Given the Kings hatred towards other races and the dominion of humans in the area I don't think he had the power or influence to aquire anyone.
The Orcs killed his vanguard south of weirdwood aswell

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
The Goblin King HATES humans (& I would geuss human-like people). He was disgusted by the fact Shakala birthed "mongrel bloods" with a "filthy human" mate. I geuss his absolute hate & disgust of humans led him to strictly avoid & ban breeding with them. While MC (& the players) cannot tell the difference most Goblins probably can. As when we get close to our daughter (the only one MC cares to get to know) we see she has "human features"; lighter skintone, rounder cheeks & nose ect...

Such half-blood would probably not survive long in his kingdom if he found them. I doubt he would let his people keep breeding slaves on his own principles alone.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
The challenge of beating this goblin hoard is diminishing with every argument so far. Seems they where dead in the water anyway.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Given the Kings hatred towards other races and the dominion of humans in the area I don't think he had the power or influence to aquire anyone.
I think it would be less about not having the influence to aquire anyone, and more about having the influence to STOP them gathering anyone, goblins operate on a visceral level, failing to give them the opportunity of pussy is to invite rebellion. they would either overthrow him, or simply abandon him to form more successful tribes.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
The only goblins directly under the Kings rule are those of the Goblin Forest/Valley zone. All others are "independent" tribes that exist under his domain. They were loyal to him as their king but they held no loyalty to his laws. Green/Common goblins that were if separate tribes: Forgotten Valley, Shrine of The Ancients, Tower of Dread & Northen Forest.

These tribes probably did participate in the forced breeding of other races (like seen with the attempted/successful molestation of Mia).

The King was old, had seemed to have lost all his previous females & was using trolls (specifically feeding them captives to keep them loyal). I reckon while he has lost a great amount if his power he still had enough to remain King for the last 20 years (slowly diminishing with every year I would guess).

The war happened war & priestess curse happened 20 years ago in lore the game lore.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The challenge of beating this goblin hoard is diminishing with every argument so far. Seems they where dead in the water anyway.
Goblins have the tendency of returning stronger than before if left alone.
Shakalah would have been turned into a mindless breeding slave most likely to restore the Clan to it's former glory
I think it would be less about not having the influence to aquire anyone, and more about having the influence to STOP them gathering anyone, goblins operate on a visceral level, failing to give them the opportunity of pussy is to invite rebellion. they would either overthrow him, or simply abandon him to form more successful tribes.
Which is what happened as the green Goblins were the only ones still loyal to him... and they had Shakalah.
What ever the true reason is, the fact is that there were no females in the stronghold, other than the one at our side, when we challenged the King

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
The Goblin King HATES humans (& I would geuss human-like people). He was disgusted by the fact Shakala birthed "mongrel bloods" with a "filthy human" mate. I geuss his absolute hate & disgust of humans led him to strictly avoid & ban breeding with them. While MC (& the players) cannot tell the difference most Goblins probably can. As when we get close to our daughter (the only one MC cares to get to know) we see she has "human features"; lighter skintone, rounder cheeks & nose ect...

Such half-blood would probably not survive long in his kingdom if he found them. I doubt he would let his people keep breeding slaves on his own principles alone.
It seems that it isnt just the Goblin King who nurtures bad blood to other tribes,Pigmy King wanted to destroy Shakala's tribes just becuz they werent Pigmy,and i think that Black Goblins only didnt make any moves becuz there is a tribe of Giants near the green goblins camp(or maybe they just dont give a fuck)

• Thinking Face

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
It seems that it isnt just the Goblin King who nurtures bad blood to other tribes,Pigmy King wanted to destroy Shakala's tribes just becuz they werent Pigmy,and i think that Black Goblins only didnt make any moves becuz there is a tribe of Giants near the green goblins camp(or maybe they just dont give a fuck)
The Black Goblins are more military than the other tribes it's more likely that they actually prepared for a war, the sudden change in leadership on the green Goblin side and their growth in numbers and power likely made them more careful and watch their enemy before rushing into their demise like the Pigmy Goblins.
Also aside from Frida the giants are nowehere near the Green Goblin hideout.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
A goblin raid on the giants camp has peaked my interest now that you say it. But it's too late for that. Maybe if the black goblins tried it would still be possible.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
It seems that it isnt just the Goblin King who nurtures bad blood to other tribes,Pigmy King wanted to destroy Shakala's tribes just becuz they werent Pigmy,and i think that Black Goblins only didnt make any moves becuz there is a tribe of Giants near the green goblins camp
Well Pygmies actualy only attacked because their "King" wasent a goblin. They saw you as weak & decided to take their chance at being in charge. The Pygmies lived too close to the King & were probably seen as a sub-tribe at best who just existed. Shakala has some less than pleasant things to say about them meaning their probably the lowest su-bspecies.

They wouldn't have attacked the King, or his successor, because the other goblins are tougher. But a human with barley an army to his name (all being human blooded?) Well fair chance.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
The Black Goblins are more military than the other tribes it's more likely that they actually prepared for a war, the sudden change in leadership on the green Goblin side and their growth in numbers and power likely made them more careful and watch their enemy before rushing into their demise like the Pigmy Goblins
The Black Goblins were/are probably the biggest threat to the local King.

With Moregh (Shakala's father) they probably were bidding their time to take the throne but I doubt there are many people to enslave in the mountains (unless dwarves?) So they would have to raid the towns around them. The sudden death of the King, followed by the crushed Pygmy rebellion has probably forced them to rethink their plan. Perhaps in his prime the Black Goblins respected the previous King or mabey he was on good diplomatic term with their Chief? Whatever the reason I recon the acting King would have to have some level of control/diplomacy with tribes under his domain.

A goblin raid on the giants camp has peaked my interest now that you say it. But it's too late for that. Maybe if the black goblins tried it would still be possible.
I reckon if any tribe will attack the Giants it's the Cave tribe. They did send in the guy (MC) who killed their Shaman after all...

• Thinking Face

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
The Black Goblins were/are probably the biggest threat to the local King.

With Moregh (Shakala's father) they probably were bidding their time to take the throne but I doubt there are many people to enslave in the mountains (unless dwarves?) So they would have to raid the towns around them. The sudden death of the King, followed by the crushed Pygmy rebellion has probably forced them to rethink their plan. Perhaps in his prime the Black Goblins respected the previous King or mabey he was on good diplomatic term with their Chief? Whatever the reason I recon the acting King would have to have some level of control/diplomacy with tribes under his domain.

I reckon if any tribe will attack the Giants it's the Cave tribe. They did send in the guy (MC) who killed their Shaman after all...
But where is their female (black goblins) and why has she not been seen yet?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
as far as I recall the tribe that attacked the giants before were not Goblins but those things from the Elven Well.
But where is their female (black goblins) and why has she not been seen yet?
likely further in the mountain... maybe she manages the tribes Iron mine?
They are prety well armed afterall

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
The Black Goblins are more military than the other tribes it's more likely that they actually prepared for a war, the sudden change in leadership on the green Goblin side and their growth in numbers and power likely made them more careful and watch their enemy before rushing into their demise like the Pigmy Goblins.
Also aside from Frida the giants are nowehere near the Green Goblin hideout.
Frida house is on the only viable passage from the mountains until this moment in the game,so either they find a way to pass an army quietly,or they risk buy a fight with Frida,something that could pull the other giants to the confront,the tribe isnt on a direct way from the camp,but its still way too near of it for confort,mostly becuz they are giants,something that only a good portion of Trolls or Ogres could counterbalance

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Frida house is on the only viable passage from the mountains until this moment in the game,so either they find a way to pass an army quietly,or they risk buy a fight with Frida,something that could pull the other giants to the confront,the tribe isnt on a direct way from the camp,but its still way too near of it for confort,mostly becuz they are giants,something that only a good portion of Trolls or Ogres could counterbalance
...or they make it like the Orcs and climb the mountain avoiding any unneccesary fights, that would also allow them to leave the old village alone and attack the stronghold directly from the northern passage

4.20 star(s) 202 Votes