Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Nope. Replay the level if ya dont beleive me. Its Cave Goblins.
Well doesn't really matter I made sure there was noone left to tell the tale and I doubt the guys will try anything funny again.
Heck maybe we'll learn that they are mining slaves to the Black Goblins and their Shaman tried to steal the Giants Totem to empower himself and free his people from slavery

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
...or they make it like the Orcs and climb the mountain avoiding any unneccesary fights, that would also allow them to leave the old village alone and attack the stronghold directly from the northern passage
If you look at the Map you'll see 3 issue with that. Going over the mountain means they have to go down into the stream bellow the Mountaonpass, looks pretty steep going over the other side in the Daughter cutscene tbh. If the go round the mountains south of Tower they go STRATE into the the Giants the only other way is to go ROUND WEIRDWOOD...

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
If you look at the Map you'll see 3 issue with that. Going over the mountain means they have to go down into the stream bellow the Mountaonpass, looks pretty steep going over the other side in the Daughter cutscene tbh. If the go round the mountains south of Tower they go STRATE into the the Giants the only other way is to go ROUND WEIRDWOOD...
... or they build or use a tunnel or build a primitive hanging bridge... there are quiet a few Options for such a crafty species.
Also I edited my Podst to include
Heck maybe we'll learn that they are mining slaves to the Black Goblins and their Shaman tried to steal the Giants Totem to empower himself and free his people from slavery

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
But where is their female (black goblins) and why has she not been seen yet?
as far as I recall the tribe that attacked the giants before were not Goblins but those things from the Elven Well.

likely further in the mountain... maybe she manages the tribes Iron mine?
They are prety well armed afterall
Mostly for the motive Evan just mentioned,Black Goblins seem to be a little more organized than their Green cousins,and until now,kept themselves secluded to the mountains(they dont act so pro-actively like Orcs and Green Goblins do ),but they do seem very territorialists so if Tinkerer decide to put them on game,it will probably be or by an incursion to dwarf territory,or a simple war between tribes

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
... or they build or use a tunnel or build a primitive hanging bridge... there are quiet a few Options for such a crafty species.
I think tunneling isnt an option cos forests are not known for their supportive structure. They are known for their soft soil, roots & heavy ass tress lol.

Tbh I think if they wanna get past Frida she will let it happen as long as they dont come near her house. They have shown no fear of her before (broke in her house, stole her pups, ruined her garden). So yeah if they dont touch her home she may just take the kids inside & lock the door.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I think tunneling isnt an option cos forests are not known for their supportive structure. They are known for their soft soil, roots & heavy ass tress lol.

Tbh I think if they wanna get past Frida she will let it happen as long as they dont come near her house. They have shown no fear of her before (broke in her house, stole her pups, ruined her garden). So yeah if they dont touch her home she may just take the kids inside & lock the door.
And had paid direly for each action.
She even went on a Goblin Hunt after they broke into her house.
They don't need to tunnel their way all the way into the forest, they just need an alternate route past Fridas house, and there are some mountains at the forgotten temple and the east of the Forest

Reactions: DomWolf

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Cave Goblins in the Giants level.

Grumpkins in the Well (which I have on good authority are Fae, not goblins)
The term Fae covers a lot of subs species. That's a treasure trove of creatures to draw from. Thinking about Oakley is a Fae too. Correct?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The term Fae covers a lot of subs species. That's a treasure trove of creatures to draw from. Thinking about Oakley is a Fae too. Correct?
...Not sure if a Trend qualifies as Fae as it's an animated tree... sometimes animated by a Fae Living inside or a ritual by a Druid (includeing the soul of a recently deceased)

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I dunno about that. I have yet to find that out. He could just be an Ent/Treant creature.

The only Fae that I am aware of IN the game are Grumpkins.

The Fae that have been mentioned in game are Pixies & Unicorns. Tinkerer has on a few occasions expressed interest in a Huldra which is a type of water nymph (nymphs are far but until he confirms or denies his decision to pursue that I will not be holding my breath lol).

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
...Not sure if a Trend qualifies as Fae as it's an animated tree... sometimes animated by a Fae Living inside or a ritual by a Druid (includeing the soul of a recently deceased)
Well Treants/Ents are not necessarily "animated" by Fae & Druids. It depends on the writing you read. All Ent/Treants are based/inspired by Toklins Ents which were their OWN SPECIES of creatures like Elves, Dwarves & Humans.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Thinking elves too. Hope he brings in some Drow too then
Elves are not Fae in this setting. They are mortal creatures like humans they just have extended lives (about 2 or 3 times that of humans). An Elf isnt technically "old" until around 250yrs according to what I have been told.

Drow is just the D&D name for Dark Elves, which we already have in the form of Erevi.

Cesco

Jul 15, 2017
Have you... I don't know... tried to talk to her?
See wether or not she is fine?
Or wether or not she'd reward you for your "heroism"?
Well, duh! Of course I did, that part was autopilot, literally on rails. I'm talking about after that.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well Treants/Ents are not necessarily "animated" by Fae & Druids. It depends on the writing you read. All Ent/Treants are based/inspired by Toklins Ents which were their OWN SPECIES of creatures like Elves, Dwarves & Humans.
Well there is also the Warcraft 3 definition of a Treant as an Ancient being being formed by fusing an irwish with a tree. (an Irwish being the remains of an ancestor Forest Elf)
Drow is just the D&D name for Dark Elves, which we already have in the form of Erevi.
Drows CAN also be a mix race of high and dark elves.
Well, duh! Of course I did, that part was autopilot, literally on rails. I'm talking about after that.
After collecting your reward you should find yourself outside of the ship

Last edited:

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017

Truth be said,it doesnt seem like they want a fight,they never attack her directly,they do however annoy the shit out of her,as if trying to make her leave

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Elves are not Fae in this setting. They are mortal creatures like humans they just have extended lives (about 2 or 3 times that of humans). An Elf isnt technically "old" until around 250yrs according to what I have been told.

:giggle: guilty, love that series

4.20 star(s) 202 Votes