Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I didn't mind eating as part of the game. But like GTA San Andreas I thought it was silly, kind of feel bad for the Dev trying out something that really hasn't been in an RPGM game but it quickly got shot down by players.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
there is quiet a number of survival JRPGs with hunger and thirst systems.
Some even on this site.
and if you consider "the Sims" you have several degradeing stat systems with up to fatal conditions aswell....but there you atleast won't have to fight for your live I gues.
I gues the mistake was with waiting for so long to introduce that "feature" and than only implement it halfway as it feels like a desperate attempt to add artificial dificulty to the game. For beginners the game already has quiet some dificulty, but for players with backdateing saves it's getting to easy as is so the change must have been meant to reduce the gap between both...
Maybe with everything included for the system at once the players/supporters will be more willing to accept the changes.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I didn't mind eating as part of the game. But like GTA San Andreas I thought it was silly, kind of feel bad for the Dev trying out something that really hasn't been in an RPGM game but it quickly got shot down by players.
Well, he said it will be back somewhat soon. In the end I get why people didn't like the system as it was. There was no indication as to how hungry MC actually was or how the whole thing worked in detail and it wasn't finally balanced yet which made it quite a bit worse. So I guess it was the right thing to remove it, tune it and bringt it back later. As soon as we've got a proper hunger bar, can see the values each food items provides and maybe even make some money with our farm I'm sure it's going to look at lot better.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
there is quiet a number of survival JRPGs with hunger and thirst systems.
Some even on this site.
and if you consider "the Sims" you have several degradeing stat systems with up to fatal conditions aswell....but there you atleast won't have to fight for your live I gues.
I gues the mistake was with waiting for so long to introduce that "feature" and than only implement it halfway as it feels like a desperate attempt to add artificial dificulty to the game. For beginners the game already has quiet some dificulty, but for players with backdateing saves it's getting to easy as is so the change must have been meant to reduce the gap between both...
Maybe with everything included for the system at once the players/supporters will be more willing to accept the changes.
I hadn't encountered RPGM games that have a hunger system included, as of yet. I didn't find any difficulty solving the MC hunger. I really didn't have any issue with it, I would say a desperate attempt, Devs always seem to come up with ideas they put into games, but I'm sure they would have liked to have added early in the game development!

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
2 fold, if you played the game long enough you know there are steaks and veggies, you also explore the MC's rented home and find out you can create Potions, the kitchen well, is the kitchen.

If you are new to the game I could see this as a pain to figure out, and or, starting anew I too could see this as a pain in the ass to maintain!

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I hadn't encountered RPGM games that have a hunger system included, as of yet. I didn't find any difficulty solving the MC hunger. I really didn't have any issue with it, I would say a desperate attempt, Devs always seem to come up with ideas they put into games, but I'm sure they would have liked to have added early in the game development!
I didn't meant it's a desperate attempt...just that it felt like one...as we know the halfling cook will change some of that system and make it more beneficial I can see where this is going....but since it was added in a rather halfassed manner it didn't convoy it's potential for the future creating this rage towards the system... hopefully we will see it reimplemented with a fixed farming feature and atleast 1 new character.
Adding additional features that increase dificulty are best done right at the start from my point of few since it will reduce the backlash we are experiencing now and players can get better aquinted with it.

myself

Sep 21, 2017
question guys what are the concequences of killing the giant guarding the temple and what are the consequence of negotiating it to have sex with the priestress?

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
question guys what are the concequences of killing the giant guarding the temple and what are the consequence of negotiating it to have sex with the priestress?
You can't kill him, however he will destroy you! Talking with him is the best option! I think you get a game over if you try to fight him!

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
no you can defeat him...just not kill him...
Ziva your companion will start negotiating with him once battle is won.
he'll be bleeding, but he'll be alive....and good it is, later he'll take on the role of a temple guardian.
if you spend some time in the area before the temple and level Ziva up to level 5 and use the money earned to buy her better equipment he isn't so strong anylonger...though but not so strong.

Only consequence is that you won't see a scene where your companion sattiesfies the giant with her body (until you unlock the spirit potion atleast)

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I remember trying to fight him I think I was at level 12 EXP. I got destroyed! I had to build up the EXP since I trouble getting past the electric bridge, then the fireballs for 'Mistress'! Unless something changed in game development? Its been awhile since I restarted a new game, add to the fact I have about 30-40 other games I'm playing still in development.

Rorx

Mar 6, 2018
Am I the only one getting the animated sex scene with Beth frozen? I have tried reloading it three times and it gets stuck each time I play the barn sex scene. I started a fresh run with 116. Any advice?

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
what are the new scenes in update 1.16 ?
There are none. 1.16 is only to removed to hunger system. Because it is severely broken and lots of complaints. There's nothing "new" added. Only removed until can be reworked.

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
Am I the only one getting the animated sex scene with Beth frozen? I have tried reloading it three times and it gets stuck each time I play the barn sex scene. I started a fresh run with 116. Any advice?
Is it really stuck in a loop.... or have you just not bothered searching the thread to discover you press the space bar to escape from the animation.....?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I remember trying to fight him I think I was at level 12 EXP. I got destroyed! I had to build up the EXP since I trouble getting past the electric bridge, then the fireballs for 'Mistress'! Unless something changed in game development? Its been awhile since I restarted a new game, add to the fact I have about 30-40 other games I'm playing still in development.
last time I was level 7 and Ziva was level 5 both with light armor, helm and ring, her with staff me with sword and shield.
took a bit of time but with Ziva keeping the party alive with her heal and me doing the damage it was quiet possible (without spam loading for crits or avoids) and I didn't use any consumables either

myself

Sep 21, 2017
ok question where is gabriel? once i helped him finish the battle to recover the temple of qelesh he is gone where is he so i can learn new skills from him?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
he'll be in the front yard of the temple (go left from infront of the stairs) from morning to afternoon and is gone in the night

4.20 star(s) 200 Votes