rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Please dont be offended/annoyed by Still996 they are pretty vocal about there opinion on stuff they want/should be in the game & for the most part I feel like they enjoy winding people up just a lil bit. They are pretty harmless & there is no need for animosity/aggression from either side. Just do what we all do which is say what you need, then move on in subject. But they dont mean anything by it & are merely saying what's on there mind.

And Still996 let's not turn this into a spiral of arguing about how the level should be played. You're entitled to you're opinion but so is rainwake so there is no reason for either of you to be this snarky. Theres no need for the two of you to be shopping at each over a difference in opinion. Play nice folks.
Like I said earlier I didn't come here to hear other people's opinion of what's should or shouldn't be a thing in the game. Frankly I don't care, which is why I didn't reply to Still996 until they pressed the issue about something not being in the "spirit of the quest". It's a single player game, I don't care if people choose to use cheats, no one should be telling you what you shouldn't be doing. I'm here to see if anyone has a solution to the issue in my quest. That's it

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I was specifically talking about the whole thing with wether the Goblin King quest should be timed or not. While I & many people on this forum have spoken with you on ideas/gameplay in the past, we know that you'll state an idea & that you're not trying to force it its you're opinion (you are allowed it). I was not talking about wether an exploit is a valid play style or about bugs, I reckon that was covered already so wasent even thinking of those. My answer was to point out that neither of you are wrong in that matter, exploiting the game leads to bugs because Tinkerer missed a spot check. If I offended anyone that was not my intention, I just dont want this thread to devolve into squabbles because I like the great conversations that happen on here (and you are part of those mate).
I didn't say it should be timed, I said the spirit of the quest represented urgency, the quest was to save your children and strike back at someone who is set on killing you.
Shakala and Brutus joining was clearly with the intent of completing this objective, exploiting this to wander around the map is at your own risk, no different from using save editor to give yourself items you haven't unlocked yet.

PS: I wasent apologising for you I was merely trying to point out you're both getting pretty snarky at each other. I am sorry if I crossed a line I was merely trying to keep it civil.
I understood your intent was benign but your intervention was uncalled for, I was already done with Rainwake.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I'm here to see if anyone has a solution to the issue in my quest.
As far as I'm aware no there is no fix. That shouldnt be possible. Everytime I play if I leave the quest area Shakala (& Bhrute) say they will stay in the camp until I return. They also refuse to use Waystones (all goblins do in my gameplay). If you found a way to break that then I'm afraid you have triggered the bug through an exploit because the coding was never taking that into account. Worse case scenario is you load an earlier save before u go to Liandra, & finish the Goblin King quest before attempting quest where NPCs may get stuck by unaccounted party members.

Reactions: FunFuntomes

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I didn't say it should be timed, I said the spirit of the quest represented urgency, the quest was to save your children and strike back at someone who is set on killing you.
Perhaps I misread/misunderstood you're point. I apologise for that.

Reactions: Stil996

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
There's a bug with the quest A Delicate Situation. If you have party members Luthien gets stuck in her pathing and the game doesn't progress. Is there a way to keep the party members while advancing the quest?
there's no way. for starters goblins and elves are enemies, you shouldn't be able to just walk there with 2 gobbos. the fact party members can block quests is a known issue with RPGM scripting, it happens with domestic issues if you have the imp with you
This was a quest from a long time ago, so I don't remember it clearly. Everything I'm telling you will be based on the walkthrough. After slaying the bear, you get ambushed by goblins. Then go back to Shakala's camp. You only find Bhrute as the only survivor. You're supposed to go to the Goblin King's Stronghold. You can enter the goblin valley, you can even clear most of the stronghold, you just need to not aggro the boss, if you want to keep them in your party
so you were clearing the goblin stroghold but instead of killing the boss you decided to go back,and when you found out you got to keep the goblins in the party, you decided to roll with the outcome, till it fucked up your game, although it was something to be expected, you decided the risk was worth the "reward". You have to live with the consequences of your decisions.
If you do not know how to progress the quest "A Delicate situation" while keeping Shakala and Bhrute in the party, that's fine. But, you are not the Tinkerer, so what you think is the "spirit of the quest" is merely your opinion. Your opinion does not give you the right to tell other people how they should play the game. I do not care for your opinion and I certainly did not ask.
If you have nothing useful to offer, would you kindly keep your opinions to yourself?
that's the point... the game has been tested by Tinkerer, his patrons and players that reported bugs.... you know what they have in common? no one thought to leave the goblin stronghold without killing the king. if someone else had this "bug" it would've been reported already. You know what's the first rule of modding, using cheats and exploits ? "if it breaks the game, it's on you"
NO ONE CARES AND NO ONE ASKED
you did.
Like I said earlier I didn't come here to hear other people's opinion of what's should or shouldn't be a thing in the game. Frankly I don't care, which is why I didn't reply to Still996 until they pressed the issue about something not being in the "spirit of the quest". It's a single player game, I don't care if people choose to use cheats, no one should be telling you what you shouldn't be doing. I'm here to see if anyone has a solution to the issue in my quest. That's it
the solution is to be smart about using exploits. The only thing that can be done on Tinkerer's side is make sure players can't leave the stronghold while the goblin king is alive

caspian90

Feb 8, 2020
Guys Can I ask is there a Poll currently up right now or not?
I can't see it since Patreon is banned in my country.

Thank you so much in advance.

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
there's no way. for starters goblins and elves are enemies, you shouldn't be able to just walk there with 2 gobbos. the fact party members can block quests is a known issue with RPGM scripting, it happens with domestic issues if you have the imp with you

that's the point... the game has been tested by Tinkerer, his patrons and players that reported bugs.... you know what they have in common? no one thought to leave the goblin stronghold without killing the king. if someone else had this "bug" it would've been reported already. You know what's the first rule of modding, using cheats and exploits ? "if it breaks the game, it's on you"

the solution is to be smart about using exploits. The only thing that can be done on Tinkerer's side is make sure players can't leave the stronghold while the goblin king is alive
You talk like you don't think I know there's an opportunity cost for keeping the goblins? Of course I do. I lock my self off from the entire goblin questline and I don't get tribute from goblins. I lose gold per week in exchange for 2 party members. I think it's a fair trade, and it's a decision I'm happy with.

Keeping Shakala & Bhrute was a known thing back in the day, I just haven't touched the game since then

This is out of context. No I don't care for your opinion on how I decide to play the game. Still don't care. I'm not here for validation for my decisions, I'm just curious if anyone has figured out a fix. Evidently you didn't get the message and proceeded to not only offer no solution, but also offered your unwelcome opinion. Hence the quote, "No one cares".

so you were clearing the goblin stroghold but instead of killing the boss you decided to go back,and when you found out you got to keep the goblins in the party, you decided to roll with the outcome, till it fucked up your game, although it was something to be expected, you decided the risk was worth the "reward". You have to live with the consequences of your decisions.
"Fucked up my game"? You assume much for someone who knows nothing. There's this thing called "saving the game". All I needed to do was reload my save and avoid finishing this quest. If those are the "consequences", then I'm happy with my decision thank you very much.

Last edited:

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
rainwake the "fix" youre for is not having them in the party when you go to do that quest. You did screw you're game, THAT version of it. Luckily you have a save that you can go back to. Some people sadly have their last save way to far back to rescue the game. The coding has no plan for having 2 goblins in the party & that's just that. If you want to keep them for as long as possible then you either have to finish Goblin King at a later date or dont at all. I'm a very doubtful you're find a more helpful solution as the exploit has created the bug through unaccounted variables.

Reactions: FunFuntomes

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
Umm. not to crush this debate, but you do have the option to leave Shakala and Bhrute waiting for you in the Goblin Village by exiting north to the forest, right? And you can pick them up later and Waystone out.
I mean, I kept the Blacksmith's dog in my party until he was like LVL 14 or something ridiculous until I got to the quest where you had to move boxes in the Inn's basement, and you just can't do that with an active party member. My puppy wasn't one-shotting bears or nothing but I regretted that circumstances required me giving him back.

EDIT: Hmmm... makes me wonder if I can hold off on the quest to find the blacksmith's dog until later, like when you might always have your familiar as an active party member on any given quest. Tinkerer will make sure that those quests can be completed... I think I might have to start a new game and FUCK the spirit of the quest! Hmmm. Quest Menu says that the reward is "Dagger"... but Walkthrough says it's how I learn to work on the forge... which I need for a number of other quests... I need a refresher

EDIT AGAIN: Did I kill the thread? lol OK, so the Blacksmith straight-up says that if I return his dog, he'll teach me to work on the forge... BUT the question remains.. is that skill reguired to trigger the options I get to create items at the forge or did Tinkerer assume that the player would have completed this quest and trigger those options regardless?
Which makes me ask rainwake if the exploit-killer found would be an exploit-killer with only ONE active party member?

I WANT my puppy back!

Last edited:

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
Bat breeder mini game just doesn't work. No matter how much I try, the arrows don't light up and hitting my keys does nothing

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I'm hoping that the Black Goblin update may open up the North-Eastern mountain area a bit & we get to see where all them dwarves the bandits have recruited come from. There are so many potential plots to follow outside of the existing girls who need their content complete.

•Dwarves
•The Orcish raid parties
•The Baron, Cath & the Bandit Conspiracy
•Talk of Pixies & Unicorns
•Who is MC's mother (identity of the Ghost)
•Molly's cow baby needs to grow up!

And so much more potential but I can be bothered to list it all lol.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I finished the quest and got the next quest and it's still the same. Maybe i'm missing something!
Nah some versions seem to be broken on that menu. Not sure if the official Patreon version has the Quest Log as intended but yeah the versions I play also have black screen on those. Not sure if that can be fixed tbh.

Reactions: Vastro

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Vastro
Nah some versions seem to be broken on that menu. Not sure if the official Patreon version has the Quest Log as intended but yeah the versions I play also have black screen on those. Not sure if that can be fixed tbh.
What menu is this, I seen a bunch of complaints about it but I've never experienced it. is it an android problem? Compressed? mac?

4.20 star(s) 201 Votes