rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
There's a bug with the quest A Delicate Situation. If you have party members Luthien gets stuck in her pathing and the game doesn't progress. Is there a way to keep the party members while advancing the quest?

1654035921322.png

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
There's a bug with the quest A Delicate Situation. If you have party members Luthien gets stuck in her pathing and the game doesn't progress. Is there a way to keep the party members while advancing the quest?

View attachment 1842666
I didnt even know the Goblins could cleave the Goblin Forest/Valley zone? They complain about leaving & refuse to use Waystones... I have no idea how thos bug could be possible. This is weird.

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
I didnt even know the Goblins could cleave the Goblin Forest/Valley zone? They complain about leaving & refuse to use Waystones... I have no idea how thos bug could be possible. This is weird.
It's the Goblin King Mission, you get Shakala and Bhrute. As long as you don't complete that mission you keep them as party members. They can be equipped with decent armor and two-handed battle axes, they can level up, and learn Heal Small Wounds. So they're really good

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
It's the Goblin King Mission, you get Shakala and Bhrute. As long as you don't complete that mission you keep them as party members. They can be equipped with decent armor and two-handed battle axes, they can level up, and learn Heal Small Wounds. So they're really good
So less a bug and more an exploit gone wrong.

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
So less a bug and more an exploit gone wrong.
It technically is a bug, depending on the order you choose to progress your questlines. Getting softlocked due to having party members should be qualified as a bug. Besides, why should the game be punishing players if they choose to not complete a quest?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
It technically is a bug, depending on the order you choose to progress your questlines. Getting softlocked due to having party members should be qualified as a bug. Besides, why should the game be punishing players if they choose to not complete a quest?
because the quest was supposed to be time sensative, you were under pressure to repulse the attack, failure to do so is betraying the spirit of the event and should have created a bad end IMO. (Though I guess you did get a bad end :p, so all is good)

Would have been better going back to the village and finding the King had razed it to the ground but meh!!

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Everytime I play that quest, if I try to leave the camp they both stay there until my return. Also Shakala has always refused to use Waystones. So I'm still confused how u managed this bug

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
because the quest was supposed to be time sensative, you were under pressure to repulse the attack, failure to do so is betraying the spirit of the event and should have created a bad end IMO. (Though I guess you did get a bad end :p, so all is good)

Would have been better going back to the village and finding the King had razed it to the ground but meh!!
Pretty sure I read in Tinkerer's synopsis of how he envisioned the game that he wanted players to be able to complete quests at their own leisure & they wernt timed for that reason. I get why you think that should be the case tho. I prefer this more relaxed play style personally.

Reactions: rainwake

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
This was a quest from a long time ago, so I don't remember it clearly. Everything I'm telling you will be based on the walkthrough. After slaying the bear, you get ambushed by goblins. Then go back to Shakala's camp. You only find Bhrute as the only survivor. You're supposed to go to the Goblin King's Stronghold. You can enter the goblin valley, you can even clear most of the stronghold, you just need to not aggro the boss, if you want to keep them in your party

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Huh. Well I'm not gonna dispute it cos u have shown the picture evidence. I'm just confused/a little cofuffled is all.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Pretty sure I read in Tinkerer's synopsis of how he envisioned the game that he wanted players to be able to complete quests at their own leisure & they wernt timed for that reason. I get why you think that should be the case tho. I prefer this more relaxed play style personally.
This was a quest from a long time ago, so I don't remember it clearly. Everything I'm telling you will be based on the walkthrough. After slaying the bear, you get ambushed by goblins. Then go back to Shakala's camp. You only find Bhrute as the only survivor. You're supposed to go to the Goblin King's Stronghold. You can enter the goblin valley, you can even clear most of the stronghold, you just need to not aggro the boss, if you want to keep them in your party
Doesn't change the spirit of this quest, the goblinking attacks your tribe, kidnaps your children, and you wander of to do other less important quests, Tinkerer should have wrote it so Shakala cuts your balls off for abandoning her kids and her tribe or at very least bars you from leading a goblin tribe again as everyone will know how weak and pathetic you are.

The lack of an actual clock changes nothing :p

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Doesn't change the spirit of this quest, the goblinking attacks your tribe, kidnaps your children, and you wander of to do other less important quests, Tinkerer should have wrote it so Shakala cuts your balls off for abandoning her kids and her tribe or at very least bars you from leading a goblin tribe again as everyone will know how weak and pathetic you are.

The lack of an actual clock changes nothing :p
If you do not know how to progress the quest "A Delicate situation" while keeping Shakala and Bhrute in the party, that's fine. But, you are not the Tinkerer, so what you think is the "spirit of the quest" is merely your opinion. Your opinion does not give you the right to tell other people how they should play the game. I do not care for your opinion and I certainly did not ask.
If you have nothing useful to offer, would you kindly keep your opinions to yourself?

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
If you do not know how to progress the quest "A Delicate situation" while keeping Shakala and Bhrute in the party, that's fine. You are not the Tinkerer, so what you think is the "spirit of the quest" is merely your opinion. I do not care for your opinion on how I or anyone else wants to play the game. And I certainly did not ask.
If you have nothing useful to offer, would you kindly keep your opinions to yourself?
I know what the spirit of the quest is because I know how to read and reason, try it sometime, (Those same attributes allow me to understand how to progress the quest BTW).

I have not attempted to lay any commandments on you, play the game how you want to play, but if you're are going to cheat the spirit of the quest why not do it properly, then you don't need to kidnap Shakala and Brutus.

And Buddy I will give my opinion when I feel like it, Idon't need your or anyone ones else permission, if you don't like it then I'm sure even someone of your intellect knows what you can kindly do.

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
I know what the spirit of the quest is because I know how to read and reason, try it sometime, (Those same attributes allow me to understand how to progress the quest BTW).

I have not attempted to lay any commandments on you, play the game how you want to play, but if you're are going to cheat the spirit of the quest why not do it properly, then you don't need to kidnap Shakala and Brutus.

And Buddy I will give my opinion when I feel like it, Idon't need your or anyone ones else permission, if you don't like it then I'm sure even someone of your intellect knows what you can kindly do.
You're still talking? I don't think you understood what I said so I'll put it in a way that someone of your intellect can understand. NO ONE CARES AND NO ONE ASKED

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
You're still talking? I don't think you understood what I said so I'll put it in a way that someone of your intellect can understand. NO ONE CARES AND NO ONE ASKED

Please dont be offended/annoyed by Still996 they are pretty vocal about there opinion on stuff they want/should be in the game & for the most part I feel like they enjoy winding people up just a lil bit. They are pretty harmless & there is no need for animosity/aggression from either side. Just do what we all do which is say what you need, then move on in subject. But they dont mean anything by it & are merely saying what's on there mind.

And Still996 let's not turn this into a spiral of arguing about how the level should be played. You're entitled to you're opinion but so is rainwake so there is no reason for either of you to be this snarky. Theres no need for the two of you to be shopping at each over a difference in opinion. Play nice folks.

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
And Still996 let's not turn this into a spiral of arguing about how the level should be played. You're entitled to you're opinion but so is rainwake so there is no reason for either of you to be this snarky. Play nice folks.
Bud check your facts, at no point did I try to tell anyone how they should play their game.

My point is simply if you use an exploit you got no foundations for whining about stuff breaking later in the game, it's just something that happens from time to time if you choose to play this way.

BTW For the uninformed.
Bugs are what happens when the Dev has made a mistake with the code.
Exploits are what happens when the Dev has failed to predict/account for what the player will do,

PS: don't apologise for me, if you don't understand where I'm coming from, I'm usually available to lend clarity if asked.

Last edited:

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Bud check your facts, at no point did I try to tell anyone how they should play their game.

My point is simply if you use an exploit you got no foundations for whining about stuff breaking later in the game, it's just something that happens from time to time if you choose to play this way.

BTW For the uninformed.
Bugs are what happens when the Dev has made a mistake with the code.
Exploits are what happens when the Dev has failed to predict/account for what the player will do,

PS: don't apologise for me, if you don't understand where I'm coming from, I'm usually available to lend clarity if asked.
I was specifically talking about the whole thing with wether the Goblin King quest should be timed or not. While I & many people on this forum have spoken with you on ideas/gameplay in the past, we know that you'll state an idea & that you're not trying to force it its you're opinion (you are allowed it). I was not talking about wether an exploit is a valid play style or about bugs, I reckon that was covered already so wasent even thinking of those. My answer was to point out that neither of you are wrong in that matter, exploiting the game leads to bugs because Tinkerer missed a spot check. If I offended anyone that was not my intention, I just dont want this thread to devolve into squabbles because I like the great conversations that happen on here (and you are part of those mate).

PS: I wasent apologising for you I was merely trying to point out you're both getting pretty snarky at each other. I am sorry if I crossed a line I was merely trying to keep it civil.

4.20 star(s) 201 Votes