Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Where is that? I heard about it, but I never used it. Also, does it give exp? Because that's my number one problem right now.
try searching the thread, someone even posted a screenshot.
No but with the Equipment it should be easy to defeat even Black Goblins after completing the starter Quests

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
try searching the thread, someone even posted a screenshot.
No but with the Equipment it should be easy to defeat even Black Goblins after completing the starter Quests
OK, it spawned a chest with 10 magic water and 1000 gold. Is that it? Lol

Also, having already edited my save for gold, I have decent gear (full set, but no plate armour or 2h weapons), but even at level 8 I have trouble vs. regular goblins lol if I face 2 at a time they take like half my health.

The levelling is so shit in this game lol going from level 7 to 8 I got like 4 max health, like fr man wtf.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
OK, it spawned a chest with 10 magic water and 1000 gold. Is that it? Lol

Also, having already edited my save for gold, I have decent gear (full set, but no plate armour or 2h weapons), but even at level 8 I have trouble vs. regular goblins lol if I face 2 at a time they take like half my health.

The levelling is so shit in this game lol going from level 7 to 8 I got like 4 max health, like fr man wtf.
Visit several Locations in Weirdwood.
The smithy, the Mayors house etc. there are more chests that spawned throughout the area.

Really? around Level 8 only armored Goblins should give you issues and a group of 2-3 Green Goblins are harder than a single Black Goblin.
You can also help the Witch and than form a Party with Zivah for a while (her mayor heal will help a great deal early on plus she means additional damage)

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Visit several Locations in Weirdwood.
The smithy, the Mayors house etc. there are more chests that spawned throughout the area.

Really? around Level 8 only armored Goblins should give you issues and a group of 2-3 Green Goblins are harder than a single Black Goblin.
You can also help the Witch and than form a Party with Zivah for a while (her mayor heal will help a great deal early on plus she means additional damage)
The chest in the mayor's house gave me one coin and five pairs of goblin ears (so 100 gold), and I didn't see chests in any of the other buildings. Are there more in the areas outside of Weirdwood?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The chest in the mayor's house gave me one coin and five pairs of goblin ears (so 100 gold), and I didn't see chests in any of the other buildings. Are there more in the areas outside of Weirdwood?
Not quiet sure, since I never cheated myself, but people spoke of Chests in the smithy.
You can also get a simple dagger by finding the Blacksmith Dog in the Southern Parts of weirdwood.
MC: Sword, Shield, Leather Armor, Full helmet, Ring.
Zivah: Staff, Robes, Full Helmet, Ring
Zivah and MC should be above Level 10 once you manage to earn the money required by slaying Goblins in the Path south of Weirdwood
That should be enough to deal with any Enemey at the start, after unlocking Sex Potions head to the tower of dread and learn magic, from that point just tackling Quests from easy to hard will be all it needs

Last edited:

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
-Weirdwood (outside Stable)
-Mayor's House (pre-Election)
-Mayor's House (post-Election)
-Sacred Well
-Witch's Hut (disappears after building Liandra's home)
-Tower of Dread (Erevi's room)

The Tower chest & 2nd Mayor's chest gives you enhanced fertility potions.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
-Weirdwood (outside Stable)
-Mayor's House (pre-Election)
-Mayor's House (post-Election)
-Sacred Well
-Witch's Hut (disappears after building Liandra's home)
-Tower of Dread (Erevi's room)

The Tower chest & 2nd Mayor's chest gives you enhanced fertility potions.
This has to be the shittiest cheat system I've ever seen in a game LMAO.

Back to my original plan: does anyone know how to edit your save file for exp?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Several attempts where made in the past it seems... everyone borked their saves and gave up

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Several attempts where made in the past it seems... everyone borked their saves and gave up
Because they are doing it the wrong way. I use RPG Maker Editors to every RPGM game I play, it works with them all fine, for xp, items, and even variables. Problem is, you'd kinda have to know the treshold for certain levels, give xp -1 for them, then earn some xp so you can level, or you just set your level but you have to set the stats with them as well.

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019

best thing that you could do is change the damage and later on move it back when you gained some levels.

TSSG59

Jun 7, 2021
Interesting reading this thread and the problems people seem to have with the game. I've lost count of the number of times I've played this game, certainly over 30, just because I enjoy it so much. I struggled the first few times I played but now it's become somewhat routine to blast my way all the way through the game in a very short time. It's all a matter of learning what you need to do and when. A common mistake is to try to complete each quest too quickly, none are time critical. Build up on potions and learn when to use them, save before critical events then go back and try again if you fail. I'm looking forward to some tougher challenges and adversaries in future updates. Games where you are forced to learn, rather than being led through, are much more enjoyable in my opinion. Only one real problem has cropped up for me and that is that the animations don't work for me no matter what the setting so I disable them. Maybe my desktop just isn't powerful enough, having said that, this is the only game where that is a problem.

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
Interesting reading this thread and the problems people seem to have with the game. I've lost count of the number of times I've played this game, certainly over 30, just because I enjoy it so much. I struggled the first few times I played but now it's become somewhat routine to blast my way all the way through the game in a very short time. It's all a matter of learning what you need to do and when. A common mistake is to try to complete each quest too quickly, none are time critical. Build up on potions and learn when to use them, save before critical events then go back and try again if you fail. I'm looking forward to some tougher challenges and adversaries in future updates. Games where you are forced to learn, rather than being led through, are much more enjoyable in my opinion. Only one real problem has cropped up for me and that is that the animations don't work for me no matter what the setting so I disable them. Maybe my desktop just isn't powerful enough, having said that, this is the only game where that is a problem.
People forget is a GAME not a visual novel, so not a point a click adventure that just go through.

yes the learning curve at the start is bit harse if you expect to kill everthing in one go, but then later on the game when beating some mini bosses, it feels that much better. Tinkerer already know that the start of the game isnt that great compared to later on . he started as fun project and now we are years later :D

but feedback is alwasy appreciated, in 2,71 now the start goblins also drop bit of coin to make it that much easyer to get roling. (renting stuff and make a profit because of it))

Reactions: DomWolf and TSSG59

FgtRtd

Jun 30, 2020
No doubt! I went into the Grumpkin fight one or two levels lower than I should have. Save was in Grumpkin cave. Haven't done my third restart yet lol. Couldn't manage to modify character stats and have them actually matter.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
No doubt! I went into the Grumpkin fight one or two levels lower than I should have. Save was in Grumpkin cave. Haven't done my third restart yet lol. Couldn't manage to modify character stats and have them actually matter.
What difficulty are you having? what have you tried?

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
RPG usually equate to grinding for level and items.
Maybe back in the 1990s, but modern RPGs aren't nearly this obnoxious. Even then, I don't recall needing to go rest up every 4 random encounters in FF7.

yes the learning curve at the start is bit harse if you expect to kill everthing in one go, but then later on the game when beating some mini bosses, it feels that much better.
It's not a "learning curve". It's just repetitive, tedious grinding. If there was a learning curve, I could use my knowledge from having previously played this game to speed up my levelling process, or beat bosses even though I'm underlevelled (e.g. like you can in Dark Souls), but that's not how it works.

Reactions: EZ8lt

Creus

Aug 7, 2017
The girls who lose affection if the MC doesn't sleep at their houses are: Victoria, Frida, Mia and Liandra. Am I missing any? Does it also happen with Rosy?

What an annoying mechanic...

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Maybe back in the 1990s, but modern RPGs aren't nearly this obnoxious. Even then, I don't recall needing to go rest up every 4 random encounters in FF7.

It's not a "learning curve". It's just repetitive, tedious grinding. If there was a learning curve, I could use my knowledge from having previously played this game to speed up my levelling process, or beat bosses even though I'm underlevelled (e.g. like you can in Dark Souls), but that's not how it works.
Grinding can be cut short by advanceing the correct Quests in the right order.
Get a companion, than set your eyes on improveing equipment and learn stuff like Alchemy to start brewing Potions.
Learn Magic, get another companion, each time take your time to buy more equipment for the Party.
Switch from Goblin hunting to Bandit hunting for more Gold.
Try to help the Girls in Weirdwood without leaving the Town in order to become mayor or help Shakalah build her own tribe to get passive income.
keep playing the sharpshooter game a keep requesting Water until you have a minimum of Potions and at best some reserve to craft more once you manage to procure more advanced ingredients (Liandra's story can only advance after getting frisky with her as far as I recall).
The Key is to start the game with many Sidequests and not to focus on a single Character, as with advanced Quests and Story comes harder enemies.
The hardest part is the very Start until you reach a basic Level like 10.
Tinkerer made a Point that you don't play a hero set on a journey to save the World but a Peasant without education or combat training setting out into the world to find his place in Live and get laid.
Beating Bosses while being underleveled is hard and sometimes requires reloading but if you build your Character carefully and have Comanions from other Quests is very much possible.
Does it also happen with Rosy?
Yes it does, Liandras Mother also have that mechanic... maybe the Stepsister, haven't spent enough in game days away to actually check, but since you can give Gifts and help at the farm it's likely

Reactions: DomWolf and TSSG59
4.20 star(s) 200 Votes