Anarys

Aug 1, 2020
can you give us the save file, so we can have go at i t?
otherwise we can use the save editor to make it that bit easyer for this stage
I can't seem to attach the save file to this response because of the nature of the file.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I don't have any of the power up potions. I have the summon spell but I don't have any familiars. I have the lightning spell but it doesn't do a lot of damage. I have 10 healing potions but I'm too slow/weak to be able to keep both of my characters alive since they use heavy magic spells on me. My hero is level 13 and the archer is level 10 I think. There's just no way for me to stay alive in the fight, especially when my attacks miss.
All honesty if you go in the well unprepared then you're basically screwed. Got me the first time (& a couple times after that too). I always stock pile Sacred Water long before I complet Restore The Temple cos I'm pretty sure that triggers the countdown to when Liandra will go missing. At which point you literally have no other resource for Sacred Water which is key to make pretty much every potion (bar like 1 or 2).

Best bet to get through on lowest resources is poison you're weapons, have access to HP potions, Mana potions & Energy potions. Lots of Bandages for inbetween the fights & potions to enhance yourself (Giants Strength, Agility & Stone Skin). I would also give poison for Elf's arrows when she joins. Also Cure Poison to avoid infection from bats or mushroom spores.

Best strategy is all that with the added benefit of Familiar to help with HP potions (if she can survive each fight), Wither spell to weaken them & always target the ones with no weapons (white hair with a glowing hand) & the Great Grumpkin first cos they are the lighting guys. Try to pick you're fights. Staying to the Bottem wall let's you avoid the 2 Grumpkins past the dam if you're quick.

Sadly sounds like you have to tough it through & pray yo the number gods OR start from an earlier save...

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Anarys

Aug 1, 2020
All honesty if you go in the well unprepared then you're basically screwed. Got me the first time (& a couple times after that too). I always stock pile Sacred Water long before I complet Restore The Temple cos I'm pretty sure that triggers the countdown to when Liandra will go missing. At which point you literally have no other resource for Sacred Water which is key to make pretty much every potion (bar like 1 or 2).

Best bet to get through on lowest resources is poison you're weapons, have access to HP potions, Mana potions & Energy potions. Lots of Bandages for inbetween the fights & potions to enhance yourself (Giants Strength, Agility & Stone Skin). I would also give poison for Elf's arrows when she joins. Also Cure Poison to avoid infection from bats or mushroom spores.

Best strategy is all that with the added benefit of Familiar to help with HP potions (if she can survive each fight), Wither spell to weaken them & always target the ones with no weapons (white hair with a glowing hand) & the Great Grumpkin first cos they are the lighting guys. Try to pick you're fights. Staying to the Bottem wall let's you avoid the 2 Grumpkins past the dam if you're quick.

Sadly sounds like you have to tough it through & pray yo the number gods OR start from an earlier save...
This is my first playthrough so I had no idea what to expect. I even tried going back up the well but there was no rope to climb back up. The normal fights were tough but I had plenty of bandages to heal up afterwards. Even the Ogres that I just defeated at the temple prior to this area were easy to handle. It's just poor game design by the dev to be able to get stuck like this. :(

Anarys

Aug 1, 2020
here is your save with the guy beaten,

if you want to do it yourself my advice is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

General advice for everbody try and use all the 23 saving slots :D
so you dont get stuck at a point so you have older save
Thank you my friend. I didn't realize you could stun bosses in this game. I thought it was just a spell to capture monsters for quests.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
This is my first playthrough so I had no idea what to expect. I even tried going back up the well but there was no rope to climb back up. The normal fights were tough but I had plenty of bandages to heal up afterwards. Even the Ogres that I just defeated at the temple prior to this area were easy to handle. It's just poor game design by the dev to be able to get stuck like this. :(
...or your lack of preparation and reading Quest descriptions actually.
The ingame Questlog gives a rough estimation what Level is required to have a chance at the Quest, I am pretty sure that Quest is around Level 20-30.
There are plenty of ways to increase your odds like Potions, equipment and spells, they are optional but will allow you to tackle harder Quests even if under leveled

Anarys

Aug 1, 2020
The ingame Questlog gives a rough estimation what Level is required to have a chance at the Quest, I am pretty sure that Quest is around Level 20-30.
There are plenty of ways to increase your odds like Potions, equipment and spells, they are optional but will allow you to tackle harder Quests even if under leveled
Oh really? I'm reading the quest log and I don't see a suggested level anywhere. It says easy, medium or hard but I have no idea what level those suggest.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020

Yeah but if you dont know that quest is coming (like myself) then u may not have enough/any Sacred Water in you're inventory to make the necessary potions to complete the quest with relative ease. It can fuck you over pretty bad on a first run cos there is zero warning this will happen until Liandra is just gone & if you dont have water you cant make potions which also messes with other quests.

I completly get where Anarys is coming from on this part as it is kinda poor design to have the only source of a key ingredient to pretty much ALL potions become inaccessible &, oops, you didnt stock pile before hand? Well that sucks. I'm not taking from the rest of the game which is very good & Tinkerer has gotten so much better with his level design as time has gone on. But this level sucks the biggest dick... (I fucking hate Grumpkins)

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
I'm playing this game again for the first time in a while and it looks like I lost my save. Now, I don't care about having to do all the quests again (in fact I want to do them to get back into it), so I'm not asking for one of your saves, but grinding money and exp is hell. I'd forgotten how absolutely shit that part of the game is lmao. Anyway, I tried to edit my save, just to get gold, exp, and potions, but it only worked with the gold; the other things didn't stick. Anyone know how to do it?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Oh really? I'm reading the quest log and I don't see a suggested level anywhere. It says easy, medium or hard but I have no idea what level those suggest.
Seems like Tinkerer changed the Questlog once more to make it more vague, I pressume people complained because the Level suggestion was either to low or to high, since you can tweak the dificulty greatly with skills, Potions and Equipment.
Yeah but if you dont know that quest is coming (like myself) then u may not have enough/any Sacred Water in you're inventory to make the necessary potions to complete the quest with relative ease. It can fuck you over pretty bad on a first run cos there is zero warning this will happen until Liandra is just gone & if you dont have water you cant make potions which also messes with other quests.
You can buy Bandages and Mana Potions from Jenny and Potions like Stone Skin, Ward Infection, Agility enhancer and Poisonous Weapons don't require Sacred Water... well and the Blood Potions of course which would make that Dungeon a childs Play.
I normally had a stock of Healing- and Energy Potions before that Quest (10 of each), since they have easy to get Ingredients and are the most useful Potions throughout the game (you normally only need 1 Energy Potion to get through most Dungeons). Only Potion of Giant Strength is unlikely to be had early in the Game, though if you manage to explore the Swamp for the Ward Infection Potion you might still be able to gather some Aligator Corpus (you'll require more bandages like this but it's possible).
I'm playing this game again for the first time in a while and it looks like I lost my save. Now, I don't care about having to do all the quests again (in fact I want to do them to get back into it), so I'm not asking for one of your saves, but grinding money and exp is hell. I'd forgotten how absolutely shit that part of the game is lmao. Anyway, I tried to edit my save, just to get gold, exp, and potions, but it only worked with the gold; the other things didn't stick. Anyone know how to do it?
Use the Cheat Flower for Potions, Equipment and Gold

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 200 Votes