DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
This almost looks like something i'd want to play, but looking through the CG gallery at the animations... the 3sec average loop, maybe 5% of them PoV and no audio..
I wish this wasn't the standard for adult game devs of this genre/type of game
TBH the animations are relatively new to this game... it's something he has been working on adding becausebefore there was non at all

Reactions: UsagiSabita

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
It's like you've missed the entirety of my point.
  1. It's irrelevant how he treats his kids, whether he pays them for their work or not (or slaughters them for their ears).
    what is relevant is that he treats them differently, thereby setting the stage for angst, resentment and rivalry.

2. There are two main forms of Racism,
    1. Entitlement by blood, which absolutely is, was and forever will be prevalent through all ages not just the middle one. People will take every opportunity to claim superiority over others, particularly if they have nothing else they can potentially base that claim on.
      A fantastic strategy for runts and the mentally challenged to fool themselves in to thinking they are worthwhile.

2. Racial expectations; a symptom of a lazy mind (how a race is depicted has no bearing on reality), no race ever has uniformly aligned to one stereotype, they all contain individuals (there might be a certain social conformity, with non conformists leaving to, say, become adventurers or bakers in human lands :p), but if we were to adopt your logic, let us examine the only 2 Halflings the MC knows about,
      • Rosy, who is great at sucking cock (seriously delivering those bags of flour was the best decision, ever!)
        +
      • Her deceased Boyfriend the Adventurer (who apparently liked robbing Dragons... very Daring... Hot blooded even?,... actually very very hot blooded when Vix caught him!... Boiling even!!)
        =
      • Therefor what we know about Halflings is they are Hot blooded, adventurous, Cock Suckers? o_O
        (Sounds like the type that might get into a fight with a snooty sibling, even without dads fiery blood flowing in her veins.... Makes you wonder how she'd be if she was conceived while Dad was high on a vampiric potion)
You do know that he was convinced by his dwarf friends about goin into that quest?in a clear reference to the hobbit book,so you can use Bilbo's as reference for his profile,or you can simply ignore all the well stablished lore about halflings/hobbits and just throw them in the same pool as the dwarfs,it makes no difference to me(althought i wouod love to see a female dwarf in a future update)

Reactions: FunFuntomes

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
You guys are ignoring that soon the children of Gwen & Beth will be running around as well. If you want angsty teens look no further than Victoria's lil princess & the hood rat daughter of the Mayor's side whore. Not that we will ever get thos content because human kids stay children but there ya go
Gwen and Beth are both human so they wouldn't have the racial angle, though Beth could be interesting, after all it isn't certain yet if the MC is the father :p I wonder if Samson will take responsibility if it is his.

• Haha
Reactions: PhineasFlynn

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
You do know that he was convinced by his dwarf friends about goin into that quest?in a clear reference to the hobbit book,so you can use Bilbo's as reference for his profile,or you can simply ignore all the well stablished lore about halflings/hobbits and just throw them in the same pool as the dwarfs,it makes no difference to me(althought i wouod love to see a female dwarf in a future update)
Well leaving the Halfling village was Sam's idea. Rosy even says that "some adventurous halflings leave their villages to make it among the bigfolk". Rosy says his adventurous spirit often leads him to explore & get into trouble. So with that knowladge we could say that Sam is a uniquely boisterous soul who preferred the commraderee of dwarves. While Rosy seems a lil more traditional but became stuck in a human village far from home because her BF got himself offed by a Dragon.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I'm not throwing anything into a pool, that's key to my point, individuals are individuals, established racism is still racism.
Your point about Bilbo Baggins proves my argument not yours, Bilbo was raised in/and embraced the Hobbit Culture, but proved that he was not a stereotype, he grew into his role as a thief, and when he returned to the shire he found he couldn't settle back into that life he found so comfortable before. Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry where the same, each grew beyond the roles they would have settled into.
Maybe read the books you reference?

Axelf787

May 2, 2021
I figured out it is basically a reload save emulator at this point in the game. Just save before the event and reload when it fails. Even though it is supposed to be a 25% chance with the vampires and obeah, it took me about 30 or so reloads to get it. The good news is with obeah, each offspring raises the prego chance? Unlike the vampires, which is painstakingly grindy to achieve multiple times, if you were not to reload, you could end up spending 100's of enhanced potions to get em to their supposed child cap.
Yes got her on the second pregnancy now just had to keep banging away! I hadn't added the decenser patch to the 2.81 download, not sure if that is needed fo Obeah but first pregnancy was fter that

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Gwen and Beth are both human so they wouldn't have the racial angle, though Beth could be interesting, after all it isn't certain yet if the MC is the father :p I wonder if Samson will take responsibility if it is his.
It would still be a good classism angle. The racial tension would be replaced by the class gap between the children in this particular case.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
your save folder is set to read only, right click on it, select properties and make sure to uncheck the "read only" box.

no one cares? try talking to Mia when her affection hits rock bottom....
I mean to the extreme point,Mia and most of the girls simply throw a tantrun that passes away in 2 or 3 days,even faster if you prepare the meal for her,the most extreme reaction until now is the one of this new goblin girl,who simply leaves to work up your jealousy

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
It would still be a good classism angle. The racial tension would be replaced by the class gap between the children in this particular case.
I agree, Gwen in particular, but I can imagine their daughters looking like sisters to Victoria's children which degrades some of the opportunities for friction.

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
TBH the animations are relatively new to this game... it's something he has been working on adding becausebefore there was non at all
Nice to know it's a progress addition to the game, I do wish it was doing something to break the mold though.

{Less on this actual game as it's just following the standard}
Honestly I don't understand why thats the standard of content in the first place for most games with the 3DCG of Daz/Illusion/etc source. You're supposed to be playing as this character, but when it comes to the actual scenes it's very rare to get PoV. And like I get it for certain positions but most can be PoV without issue. Honey Select is frankly proof of that. Longer animation loops come down to skill and machine rendering capability though. But I think a lot of these Devs could handle doing 5sec loops at minimum if not 10sec on average. Plenty of NSFW Va's have voice packs to buy.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
You guys are ignoring that soon the children of Gwen & Beth will be running around as well. If you want angsty teens look no further than Victoria's lil princess & the hood rat daughter of the Mayor's side whore. Not that we will ever get thos content because human kids stay children but there ya go
you know who has it worse? Erevi's daughter... girl can't even have a nap in peace.

the most extreme reaction until now is the one of this new goblin girl,who simply leaves to work up your jealousy
would be nice if it could be triggered at will... kinda like a date...
MC: babe, let's go out tonight. grab your things and rise a couple zombies. I'll be at the tower in 3 hours.
Obeah : green slut! Obeah and king go for a date!

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
I'm not throwing anything into a pool, that's key to my point, individuals are individuals, established racism is still racism.
Your point about Bilbo Baggins proves my argument not yours, Bilbo was raised in/and embraced the Hobbit Culture, but proved that he was not a stereotype, he grew into his role as a thief, and when he returned to the shire he found he couldn't settle back into that life he found so comfortable before. Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry where the same, each grew beyond the roles they would have settled into.
Maybe read the books you reference?
It seems that you missed your punchline and it still searching for it,allow me to clarify myself so you can stop searching for it,i mentioned Bilbo exactly because he is the bullet that goes the other way,and as it stated,even if it goes the other way,it is still a bullet.
Bilbo is a different hobbit,he is anti social and very introverted,to the point that he has very few persons that he could call friend on his village,his most noteworthy friend is Gandalf,and only because he is a friend of his family...with all these breaks to the stereotype,why would i ever use Bilbo as a example?Because there are things that even Bilbo cant avoid,and these are his cultural traces,during all the journey the thing that motivates Bilbo is the thought of getting back to his home,and he even tries to abandon the dwarfs in some ocasions,this doesnt happen because even an anti social hobbit like Bilbo have the same need for social interaction that all the hobbits have,its one of the motives for him to never leave the village(full of people that he normally simply cant stand to interact)before Gandalf forcing him to,and even changed by all the journey,he still find comfort to returning his home.All of these things are part of his hobbit culture and he can hate or flee from them all he wants,but they will still be there giving that hobbit touch for his existence,he can be different still,but he continues a hobbit...dunno why the fuck youre joking around that,since racism from the stereotypes made for every race in a rpg game is the most common joke you can see,its why Erevi is such a dominatrix bitch,its why Ellewen and Luthien are so self concerned,goblins are little kamikazes,orcs are a pain in the ass to everyone,ogres are dumb,and giants are clumsy...those are all stereotypes and the game capitalizes on them to make it more funny,its simple as that....
Man,it was annoying as fuck write this much,i sincerely hope you to stop making me do that,because its annoying as fuck see someone who clearly read the Hobbit ignoring the character and world construction just to find a way to disagree with me,all in account for a bad joke...

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Made me act as a very annoying nerd for the first time in a lot of years,that was quite a feat my friend

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
It seems that you missed your punchline and it still searching for it,allow me to clarify myself so you can stop searching for it,i mentioned Bilbo exactly because he is the bullet that goes the other way,and as it stated,even if it goes the other way,it is still a bullet.
Bilbo is a different hobbit,he is anti social and very introverted,to the point that he has very few persons that he could call friend on his village,his most noteworthy friend is Gandalf,and only because he is a friend of his family...with all these breaks to the stereotype,why would i ever use Bilbo as a example?Because there are things that even Bilbo cant avoid,and these are his cultural traces,during all the journey the thing that motivates Bilbo is the thought of getting back to his home,and he even tries to abandon the dwarfs in some ocasions,this doesnt happen because even an anti social hobbit like Bilbo have the same need for social interaction that all the hobbits have,its one of the motives for him to never leave the village(full of people that he normally simply cant stand to interact)before Gandalf forcing him to,and even changed by all the journey,he still find comfort to returning his home.All of these things are part of his hobbit culture and he can hate or flee from them all he wants,but they will still be there giving that hobbit touch for his existence,he can be different still,but he continues a hobbit...dunno why the fuck youre joking around that,since racism from the stereotypes made for every race in a rpg game is the most common joke you can see,its why Erevi is such a dominatrix bitch,its why Ellewen and Luthien are so self concerned,goblins are little kamikazes,orcs are a pain in the ass to everyone,ogres are dumb,and giants are clumsy...those are all stereotypes and the game capitalizes on them to make it more funny,its simple as that....
Man,it was annoying as fuck write this much,i sincerely hope you to stop making me do that,because its annoying as fuck see someone who clearly read the Hobbit ignoring the character and world construction just to find a way to disagree with me,all in account for a bad joke...
I don't know if you're trolling or not, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt this last time then I'm out.

It is one thing to have a cultural Norm, it is another to claim every character that from that culture MUST conform to that norm.
Stereotypes in literature work for backgrounds characters, they help the scene develop quickly and efficiently, they help build expectations.
Main Characters are individuals, they get something called personalities, they get to subvert your expectations by having actual loves, actual hates, They have character flaws and idiosyncrasies, they get to be the pacifist Orc, or the genius Goblin, or the battle hungry Hobbit.
Claiming every individual from a race must adhere to some predefined norm is racist (I am not joking, this is a fundamental meaning of the word).

I don't want to get into a debate over Tolkien, that would just drag this thread way offtopic and would likely bore the shit out of most of the people here.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
seraphimd2 & Stil996 you BOTH make good points. Rosy has many stereotypical quirks & habits that make her very much a standard halfling/hobbit. But she does have personality that makes her more unique as a character (& no Stil996 "covksucking" is not a personality lol). Her BF was essentially a failed Bilbo parady & the Halfling communities are (until proven otherwise) are essentially all Halfling stereotypes. Same with Elves, Giants, Dwarves, Goblins & Orcs.

Heck I'm an Englishman & while I have MANY things that make me an individual person I still have traits that make me very stereotypicaly English (I like fish's chips, I tell "wyaaa" when a drink is dropped in the pub & I moan constantly about the weather). Sterotypes are born from somewhere after all. You're both correct & you're both wrong all in one. Basing ROSY as a character in halfling stereotypes is essentially removing her character. But ignoring the halfling-ishnes about her is ignoring her species.

Reactions: FunFuntomes

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
seraphimd2 & Stil996 you BOTH make good points. Rosy has many stereotypical quirks & habits that make her very much a standard halfling/hobbit. But she does have personality that makes her more unique as a character (& no Stil996 "covksucking" is not a personality lol). Her BF was essentially a failed Bilbo parady & the Halfling communities are (until proven otherwise) are essentially all Halfling stereotypes. Same with Elves, Giants, Dwarves, Goblins & Orcs.

Heck I'm an Englishman & while I have MANY things that make me an individual person I still have traits that make me very stereotypicaly English (I like fish's chips, I tell "wyaaa" when a drink is dropped in the pub & I moan constantly about the weather). Sterotypes are born from somewhere after all. You're both correct & you're both wrong all in one. Basing ROSY as a character in halfling stereotypes is essentially removing her character. But ignoring the halfling-ishnes about her is ignoring her species.
The quote I was challenging was
...Halflings are waaaaay to peaceful to start a grudge...
I never said characters couldn't have racial traits, we are all shaped by the societies we are raised in,
My argument was
  • claiming EVERYONE from a specific race MUST conform to ALL the racial stereotypes is RACIST
The bit about the Hot Blooded Adventurious Cock Suckers was a Joke (in my mind an obvious joke)... an attempt to demonstrate how idiotic most racist definitions are, at least in that example I used actual facts rather than rumors and innuendo to build that profile :p

• Halflings have a reputation for being peaceful... True
  • All Halflings MUST be peaceful... Bullshit
    (particularly when you think this particular Halfling is the daughter of a sociopathic human who kills his own children for their ears :devilish:)

So tell me where I'm wrong??
Please be clear because someone in this conversation clearly lacks comprehension, and I'm concerned it might be me.

4.20 star(s) 202 Votes