FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
We getting another girl? Dam well I wonder who/what she is ;)
If it is a Magic Shop, those are traditionally run by High Elfs or Gnomes. Were Liandra & Luthien ever defined, Luthien comes across like a High Elf IMO while Liandra is more like a Wood Elf? Does Tinker conform to those distinctions?
But on consideration I kinda want to see a Sexy Gnome now!! what would that even look like???
the first thing that came to my mind was the witch from Goblin Slayer...
1667120771087.png

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
If it is a Magic Shop, those are traditionally run by High Elfs or Gnomes. Were Liandra & Luthien ever defined, Luthien comes across like a High Elf IMO while Liandra is more like a Wood Elf? Does Tinker conform to those distinctions?
But on consideration I kinda want to see a Sexy Gnome now!! what would that even look like???
They are not distinct in this setting g from what he has told me. They have trates of both Wood & High elves. Whenever he talks to me about the Elves he always writes High/Wood or just Elves.

TBH I think when u have 2 short races a third steps on the others toes. We have both Halflings & Dwarves in this setting so I do not think there would be gnomes as well. If anything it may be a dwarf or perhaps just a human shop keeper who has magical wears. Greyport is a Human city after all.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
the first thing that came to my mind was the witch from Goblin Slayer...
View attachment 2133837
Another Witch? I'm not familiar with that particular character, what was she like?
&
What new quality would she add to the lineup?
They are not distinct in this setting g from what he has told me. They have trates of both Wood & High elves. Whenever he talks to me about the Elves he always writes High/Wood or just Elves.

TBH I think when u have 2 short races a third steps on the others toes. We have both Halflings & Dwarves in this setting so I do not think there would be gnomes as well. If anything it may be a dwarf or perhaps just a human shop keeper who has magical wears. Greyport is a Human city after all.
I disagree, we can never have too many short stacks, not sure where are you are getting your 2 from though, we have
  1. Dwarfs on the horizon
  2. A Halfing
  3. A Swamp Elf
  4. 4x Goblins
  5. An Imp
  6. And a short Sister :p
And fingers crossed Fairys & Pixies might make an appearance if my hopes and wishes are anything to go by ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PhineasFlynn

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I disagree, we can never have too many short stacks, not sure where are you are getting your 2 from though, we have
  1. Dwarfs on the horizon
  2. A Halfing
  3. A Swamp Elf
  4. 4x Goblins
  5. An Imp
  6. And a short Sister :p
And fingers crossed Fairys & Pixies might make an appearance if my hopes and wishes are anything to go by ;)

My "2" is from the toe-stepping triad that is Dwarves, Halflings & Gnome. When ever u see these three together it feels a bit like they all viy for the same space. Dwarves are miners, crafters & sometimes industrial. Halflings are short, fun loving lil folk who prefer isolation. Gnomes are either wacky naturalists or wacky inventor... or both. I dunno once all 3 are together it feels busy.

The Swamp elf is short but she sub-races of Elves have plague fantasy for years. She also has a very elf-ish culture (tribal & in tune with her native enviroment). Goblins are craggy, Tribal Greenskins who fill the very real role of being enemy fodder in most settings. Imps are demon familiars that exist to serve their Master. The sister may be short but shes still human, shes no where near as short as the rest lol.

I also wouldnt mind some short fae girls like Pixies. I just ain't a fan of Gnomes as a race if I'm being honest they always make things feel busy & crowded.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
My "2" is from the toe-stepping triad that is Dwarves, Halflings & Gnome. When ever u see these three together it feels a bit like they all viy for the same space. Dwarves are miners, crafters & sometimes industrial. Halflings are short, fun loving lil folk who prefer isolation. Gnomes are either wacky naturalists or wacky inventor... or both. I dunno once all 3 are together it feels busy.

The Swamp elf is short but she sub-races of Elves have plague fantasy for years. She also has a very elf-ish culture (tribal & in tune with her native enviroment). Goblins are craggy, Tribal Greenskins who fill the very real role of being enemy fodder in most settings. Imps are demon familiars that exist to serve their Master. The sister may be short but shes still human, shes no where near as short as the rest lol.

I also wouldnt mind some short fae girls like Pixies. I just ain't a fan of Gnomes as a race if I'm being honest they always make things feel busy & crowded.
Your categorizations are weird to me, Sure Dwarfs and Gnomes sometimes have overlap in some books (With both being potrayed as Short, Ingenious, Hairy), Though I think this is the minority, most I think treat them as a goblins much smarter cousin, tying in a keen comprehension of mechanical things and magical constructs, I'm not sure why you are comparing them with Halflings (Halflings are just short humans, Tolkien created them to represent the reader, normal humans in a world filled with "larger than life" characters).

Personally I tend to think of gnomes as the missing link between Goblins & Dwarfs

The Swamp elf is short but she sub-races of Elves have plague fantasy for years. She also has a very elf-ish culture (tribal & in tune with her native enviroment)
What does her culture have to with your comment about height :p

Goblins are craggy, Tribal Greenskins who fill the very real role of being enemy fodder in most settings.
Are you seriously calling my beloved Sequoia "Enemy Fodder", or are you talking about Shakala? The MC's children? Obea?
Dude you need to check your racism :cautious:

Imps are demon familiars that exist to serve their Master.
Hell yeah! she does, and with a smile too :D still not sure what your point is though :p

The sister may be short but shes still human
I'm not convinced, she's the MC's Half sister after all, whats the other half? Fairy, Pixie, Carebear? and don't tell me she doesn't have any snuggle bunny in her DNA :p

The bottom line is there are lots of (short) characters in this game, I don't see how a Gnome would tread on any toes.
  • Gnome vs Dwarf, smaller, quicker, more intellectual, more magically inclined (and a lot skinnier)
  • Gnome vs Halfling, I don't see any real comparison except both being short
  • Gnome vs Goblin, much smarter, much less aggressive.
  • Gnome vs Swamp elf, I don't see any real comparison except both being short
  • Gnome vs Imp, I don't see any real comparison except both being short

TL;DR I don't see any real overlap in the current population, I imagine a female Gnome would look like a slender Goblin, with human skin tones/hair. With quick, nervous energy... always moving... always curious.

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
Stil996
personaly i dont think there is a need for gnome.
due the fact that the normal goblins i had in mind are also smaller than the PQ goblin.
having lots of smaller races like you said, dont think we need one more.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Your categorizations are weird to me, Sure Dwarfs and Gnomes sometimes have overlap in some books (With both being potrayed as Short, Ingenious, Hairy), Though I think this is the minority, most I think treat them as a goblins much smarter cousin, tying in a keen comprehension of mechanical things and magical constructs, I'm not sure why you are comparing them with Halflings (Halflings are just short humans, Tolkien created them to represent the reader, normal humans in a world filled with "larger than life" characters).

Personally I tend to think of gnomes as the missing link between Goblins & Dwarfs

What does her culture have to with your comment about height :p

Are you seriously calling my beloved Sequoia "Enemy Fodder", or are you talking about Shakala? The MC's children? Obea?
Dude you need to check your racism :cautious:

Hell yeah! she does, and with a smile too :D still not sure what your point is though :p

I'm not convinced, she's the MC's Half sister after all, whats the other half? Fairy, Pixie, Carebear? and don't tell me she doesn't have any snuggle bunny in her DNA :p

The bottom line is there are lots of (short) characters in this game, I don't see how a Gnome would tread on any toes.
  • Gnome vs Dwarf, smaller, quicker, more intellectual, more magically inclined (and a lot skinnier)
  • Gnome vs Halfling, I don't see any real comparison except both being short
  • Gnome vs Goblin, much smarter, much less aggressive.
  • Gnome vs Swamp elf, I don't see any real comparison except both being short
  • Gnome vs Imp, I don't see any real comparison except both being short

TL;DR I don't see any real overlap in the current population, I imagine a female Gnome would look like a slender Goblin, with human skin tones/hair. With quick, nervous energy... always moving... always curious.
I'm gonna try to answer these lol:

My point is every high-fantasy setting that has Gnomes often feels the need to make Gnomes stand out because Dwarves, Gnomes & Halflings (when all together) are essentially short humans. Gnomes often step on the toes of Dwarves (who are industrial to varying degress) so they are shown to be inventive in a tech/magi-tech fashion. Halflings are down to earth so Gnomes are made wackier & they usually have life or death need to keep having fun. As a species they just exist in most settings BECAUSE D&D did it. I'm not saying they cant I'm just saying when done poorly they often feel like a joke character.

I guess they are the missing linking seen that way but only if that setting is using the whole "Gnomes are wacky inventors" & "Goblins are dangerous wacky inventors". The Goblins of this setting are not that arch-type so it would have to be seen how they connect in this game.

It's just pointing out that Swamp Elves still feel like Elves. And shes not as short as the other short characters in this game. I mean if u wanted to u could say Swamp Elves are the Elven version of Halflings. But if we are doing that the in a way;
Halflings= short Humans
Goblins= short Orcs
Giants= big Dwarves
Gnomes= short Elves (both magical, whimsical & long lived)

I'm not necessarily calling the girls fodder but the males are. Males are killed en mass by the player to make money on their ears & their children are born to fight & die for the MC's wealth & power. They are often depicted as low level fodder in most fantasy settings where they are not a core race. And FUCK you're racism lol :ROFLMAO:

Demons are on a whole different level & I will kit compare them to the mortal races. End of lol.

If Tinkerer reveals she is half something else fine but that would mean that MC's dad cheating with (I still sat Qetesh) & the wife cheated with something else lol. But I beleive she is a human. She looks very young in my opinion mabey 17-18(?). But that would have to be revealed by Tinkerer.

TL'DR; I am a very anal person who is gonna die on this hill :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Stil996
personaly i dont think there is a need for gnome.
due the fact that the normal goblins i had in mind are also smaller than the PQ goblin.
having lots of smaller races like you said, dont think we need one more.
You're kinda contradicting yourself saying you wanted smaller than you got, Gnomes could scratch that itch. (I agree BTW, Sequoia is the right size IMO)
There are too many Human sized characters in the game, we don't need more of those :p (unless they are batbreeders, and maybe a cowgirl).
I'd happily trade you Beth, Mia and Gwen for another mini stack

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
You're kinda contradicting yourself saying you wanted smaller than you got, Gnomes could scratch that itch. (I agree BTW, Sequoia is the right size IMO)
There are too many Human sized characters in the game, we don't need more of those :p (unless they are batbreeders, and maybe a cowgirl).
I'd happily trade you Beth, Mia and Gwen for another mini stack
Can see why i can contradict myself saying i wanted smaller goblins, but also mine mind trys to factor in how long / time spend is making it a good model, just shrinking the model by 20% doesnt mean the outcome is good. personaly hope rather to have good looking dwarf model than gnome. ((dont mind trading Mia away for it, she is my least favorite + dragon due dont like her model))

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
And a short Sister :p
one exterminatus coming your way....
Gnomes are either wacky naturalists or wacky inventor... or both. I dunno once all 3 are together it feels busy.
than gnome.
Pathfinder desribes gnomes are stealthy triksters and pranksters, when living among other races they become shopkkepers leaving combat to sturdier races like dwarves. Gnomes are also described ashaving numerous intimate relationships during their lives and monogamy is exceedingly rare... that means a female gnome would be pulling pranks on people and she'd be as horny as the peasant.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I'm gonna try to answer these lol:

My point is every high-fantasy setting that
No Bud, IF EVERY high-fantasy setting went this way we wouldn't be having this discussion full stop. We clearly have different sources for our imagination. (definitive proof that this comment is false)
has Gnomes often feels the need to make Gnomes stand out because Dwarves, Gnomes & Halflings (when all together) are essentially short humans. Gnomes often step on the toes of Dwarves (who are industrial to varying degress) so they are shown to be inventive in a tech/magi-tech fashion. Halflings are down to earth so Gnomes are made wackier & they usually have life or death need to keep having fun. As a species they just exist in most settings BECAUSE D&D did it. I'm not saying they cant I'm just saying when done poorly they often feel like a joke character.
I disagree, but I'm not going to debate it because the details change drastically from source to source. bottom line for me is
I see
  • Dwarfs as tending to be Dour, stubborn, Anti-Magic,
    While
  • Gnomes tend to be Hyperactive, Mercurial and highly focused in the Arcane.
In other words very different creatures.
I guess they are the missing linking seen that way but only if that setting is using the whole "Gnomes are wacky inventors" & "Goblins are dangerous wacky inventors". The Goblins of this setting are not that arch-type so it would have to be seen how they connect in this game.
I couldn't disagree more, occasionally you get a goblin character who is a wacky inventor but that is not representative of the race, comparing Gnomes and Goblins is like comparing
  • a group of Drunk Football fans who are rioting because their team lost
    to a
  • Think-tank of scientists working on some world changing project.
It's just pointing out that Swamp Elves still feel like Elves. And shes not as short as the other short characters in this game. I mean if u wanted to u could say Swamp Elves are the Elven version of Halflings. But if we are doing that the in a way;
Halflings= short Humans
Goblins= short Orcs
Giants= big Dwarves
Gnomes= short Elves (both magical, whimsical & long lived)
You've not only have the wrong end of the stick, but you got the wrong stick.

I never claimed Swamp elves weren't Elves, not sure why you are arguing like I did. And NO I don't think Swamp Elves are the elven equivalent of Halflings.
Halfings represent the "REAL" people reading those stories filled with "LARGER THAN LIFE" characters (while snacking on their elevensies), that's why halflings are "half" the size of story humans, because the readers can never measure up the the characters in those stories... the "height" of halflings is just a means to represent that.

Other Short characters are still "Bigger than life" with their special abilities/qualities.

I'm not necessarily calling the girls fodder but the males are. Males are killed en mass by the player to make money on their ears & their children are born to fight & die for the MC's wealth & power. They are often depicted as low level fodder in most fantasy settings where they are not a core race. And FUCK you're racism lol :ROFLMAO:
You monster You...[Tucks ear necklace inside shirt]

You keep arguing like this is "High Fantasy" where Goblins are the generic enemy, it isn't, this is Tinkerers universe, where Goblins are our Friends/Family & Cum Buckets. Failing to account for the world you live in and continuing to use outdated definitions marks you as a racist against goblins. :cry:

Demons are on a whole different level & I will kit compare them to the mortal races. End of lol.
Irrelevant, the argument was about having too many short characters, not their origin.
There are too many human sized characters IMO :p
What worthwhile difference is there between Mia, Beth and Gwen?
If Tinkerer reveals she is half something else fine but that would mean that MC's dad cheating with (I still sat Qetesh) & the wife cheated with something else lol. But I beleive she is a human. She looks very young in my opinion mabey 17-18(?). But that would have to be revealed by Tinkerer.
Maybe I misread something but wasn't it clearly stated that she was the MC's Half sister, that they did not have the same mother.
The other stuff about her was, what is known in the trade as "being cute" :p "Tongue in cheek" o_O, "Not being serious" :cautious:
TL'DR; I am a very anal person who is gonna die on this hill :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm sure you will, shame you misread the map and are currently fighting on a completely different hill... Who is it you're fighting BTW :p Is it Dwarfs?? :p

Can see why i can contradict myself saying i wanted smaller goblins, but also mine mind trys to factor in how long / time spend is making it a good model, just shrinking the model by 20% doesnt mean the outcome is good. personaly hope rather to have good looking dwarf model than gnome. ((dont mind trading Mia away for it, she is my least favorite + dragon due dont like her model))

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't see why we can't have both Gnomes and Dwarfs. (and Halflings, Imps, Goblins, Midget Elves, Pixies, Fairies,...)

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
You keep arguing like this is "High Fantasy" where Goblins are the generic enemy, it isn't, this is Tinkerers universe, where Goblins are our Friends/Family & Cum Buckets. Failing to account for the world you live in and continuing to use outdated definitions marks you as a racist against goblins. :cry:
they are the common enemy... MC just fucked their princess and ascended to the throne...

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
No Bud, IF EVERY high-fantasy setting went this way we wouldn't be having this discussion full stop. We clearly have different sources for our imagination. (definitive proof that this comment is false)
Wel Bud I missed out third word "almost". That was my bad I did not mean to say ALL lol. So I'm not wrong I'm merely mis-write the sentence

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: FunFuntomes
4.20 star(s) 202 Votes