DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
yes i can agree for new player its a bit much of a grind. but 95% of the patreons are old costumers so they just import their own save files, or close to the last update.

At some point Tinkerer will work on the start part of the game and fix that but all time spend on that isnt time spend on new content so its always a trade off. but if you can give me feedback on what part of the grind is the most annoying and/or have fixes (smart solutions) for it i always can put it infront of Tinkerer.

hard part is that some of the code is the oldest, so fixing that will brick other stuff in the progress. due its all layer on other layer of coding
1 thing that comes to mind is mabey have the Miller give MC a Cure Poison or 2 so we can do clear the mill without fear of being poisoned to death by snakes. Same with Ziva so we can go into the Spider Cave without risk cos that makes those quests super hard for early players who dont use the cheat chests.

On the note of Cheat Chests mabey add a few more around the map for players who like the game but hate the grind. Mostly to give players more money, potions & ingredients, that's really where the game can halt for players in early game. Cant do nothing till I get more cash from grinding... mabey a chest in the Inn, Taylor's & Carpentor's? For example. And a chest of Phallus G potions in the Giant's Camp would be nice ;)

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
yes i can agree for new player its a bit much of a grind. but 95% of the patreons are old costumers so they just import their own save files, or close to the last update.

At some point Tinkerer will work on the start part of the game and fix that but all time spend on that isnt time spend on new content so its always a trade off. but if you can give me feedback on what part of the grind is the most annoying and/or have fixes (smart solutions) for it i always can put it infront of Tinkerer.

hard part is that some of the code is the oldest, so fixing that will brick other stuff in the progress. due its all layer on other layer of coding
I tend to cheat my stats so I don't notice the grind so much, maybe a simple Stat boost would make all the difference for players, have an easy and a hard mode, where the easy mode gives the player +10 to each stat (or there about), leaving the hard mode for the players who like the current grind.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
If I decide to cheat, I would save-edit my stats, plus some potions.

Two repeatative things that I hate the most:
- Unavoidable combat with very weak enemy.
- Making potion one-by-one
M3ntir

+1 to making stuff one by one (potions/Food/torches/etc), making a feature that will let you do batches of 5/10/50/Max would make a massive difference

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
+1 to making stuff one by one (potions/Food/torches/etc), making a feature that will let you do batches of 5/10/50/Max would make a massive difference
The most recent version lets you make multiple bushels if you have enough carrots & potatoes. Default is one at a time, 5 at a time if you have enough...haven't had 10+ yet to test that. Seems to me something similar wouldn't be hard for zero-time crafting. But making potions is supposed to be an hour each and I don't know game guts to say how hard it might be to set that up for multiples.

Also, I'd like the ability to pick what kind of critter you want to make steaks from. You might want to butcher rabbits and bears while leaving boar carcasses alone...

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkLizerd

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
The most recent version lets you make multiple bushels if you have enough carrots & potatoes. Default is one at a time, 5 at a time if you have enough...haven't had 10+ yet to test that. Seems to me something similar wouldn't be hard for zero-time crafting. But making potions is supposed to be an hour each and I don't know game guts to say how hard it might be to set that up for multiples.

Also, I'd like the ability to pick what kind of critter you want to make steaks from. You might want to butcher rabbits and bears while leaving boar carcasses alone...
I don't see why additional time would be a problem, there is already a time value for one item, it's a simple matter to multiply that by however many you are making at one time. but maybe a hard cap where the amount you can make at one time is limited by your energy since presumably that would be dropping with the passage of time. just like taking a shift in the forge or on the farm.

PS 5 bushels is the current max.

Reactions: Damagus01

Matiur13

Nov 23, 2020
I guess a lot of people play the game in websites and are new to the game.

When you download the game, the file includes a Walkthrough folder.

In the OP here there is a link to the Walkthrough too.

Some issues not include in the WT have been answered in the forum before.

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
How many times do you have to say it before people take notice?.
Me, I check how new they are first. New (recent join, low post count) = be polite, tell them what and where to get it (if needed) & advise how to search in the future. Not new = dude, already answered, do a search. Veteran = ignore them.

But someone usually responds before I even see the question. :p

Reactions: DomWolf and TSSG59

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
I tend to cheat my stats so I don't notice the grind so much, maybe a simple Stat boost would make all the difference for players, have an easy and a hard mode, where the easy mode gives the player +10 to each stat (or there about), leaving the hard mode for the players who like the current grind.
Think for now tinkerer will dont add 2 modes to the game, dont think he knows how to and will take some time
(and maybe saves or game itself breaks). Can understand some of the issues ofc.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Think for now tinkerer will dont add 2 modes to the game, dont think he knows how to and will take some time
(and maybe saves or game itself breaks). Can understand some of the issues ofc.
That doesn't make sense, the only difference between easy and hard would be the starting stats, if it were an issue of not knowing how to make mutliple starting points in RPGM, then it could manifest as an attribute potion that has a permanent effect... either place it in the cheat chest or better yet do a Matrix like intro, drink the red potion to have an easy time, drink the Blue one for a tasty beverage :p

4.20 star(s) 202 Votes