exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
That doesn't make sense, the only difference between easy and hard would be the starting stats, if it were an issue of not knowing how to make mutliple starting points in RPGM, then it could manifest as an attribute potion that has a permanent effect... either place it in the cheat chest or better yet do a Matrix like intro, drink the red potion to have an easy time, drink the Blue one for a tasty beverage :p
What's all this nonsense with cheats and difficulty mods anyway? The game isn't that difficult at all. Of course, if new folks playing it for the first time, they'll first have to get used to it and learn how to get money, what things they collect and for what, and what they can sell. It actually takes a while. But that was it. Once you get behind there, everything becomes pretty easy. If you level calmly and conscientiously and equip your characters correctly, even the toughest fights won't be too difficult.

The game isn't designed to allow to us go anywhere straight away and see bare skin every 5 minutes. We should get busy with the game. Experience has shown that cheats cause more trouble than use.

Reactions: TSSG59

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
....Experience has shown that badly applied cheats cause more trouble than use.
FTFY. Well applied cheats are essential to getting passed the horrific RPGM combat system without dying of boredom.
my post was in answer to M3ntir post #37,751 , about ways to reduce the grind. Grind is bad BTW

Nabebebe

Feb 7, 2023
FTFY. Well applied cheats are essential to getting passed the horrific RPGM combat system without dying of boredom.
my post was in answer to M3ntir post #37,751 , about ways to reduce the grind. Grind is bad BTW
I liked the grinding in this game because it made me feel like an miserable peasant instead of some hero, but it ended up being way too time consuming to play without cheating

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
Different gameplay preferences. I choose to not use any cheats (except for BB Affection) or mods at all, and the combat doesn't bore me.
Grind is bad BTW
Personal thresholds of what "grinding" is, and acceptable gameplay time to advance things, also differ between people. Required grinding and the related time suck *is* bad, but your thresholds for what those are won't match someone else's.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
That doesn't make sense, the only difference between easy and hard would be the starting stats, if it were an issue of not knowing how to make mutliple starting points in RPGM, then it could manifest as an attribute potion that has a permanent effect... either place it in the cheat chest or better yet do a Matrix like intro, drink the red potion to have an easy time, drink the Blue one for a tasty beverage :p
some dont link the grind for items, so that i am more worried about. if you want more starting power that could be done bit easyer ofc.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Different gameplay preferences. I choose to not use any cheats (except for BB Affection) or mods at all, and the combat doesn't bore me.

Personal thresholds of what "grinding" is, and acceptable gameplay time to advance things, also differ between people. Required grinding and the related time suck *is* bad, but your thresholds for what those are won't match someone else's.

What exactly is the point of this post? that Subjective things are subjective?? so what, as I said to exazubi, I was responding to M3ntir's post #37,751 namely
.... but if you can give me feedback on what part of the grind is the most annoying and/or have fixes (smart solutions) for it i always can put it infront of Tinkerer....
If you're going to pick an argument try to keep it in context, particularly since in the same post where I suggested the stat bonus I specifically stated it as an optional "EASY Route" rather than replacing the existing version since it was obvious some people liked it as it was.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
some dont link the grind for items, so that i am more worried about. if you want more starting power that could be done bit easyer ofc.
For me the basic items aren't so bad, it's the millions of boring RPGM Battles you have to endure while collecting them, with making batches of advanced goods being a close second. Potions in particular... I wish the potion creation screen was similar to the trading screen where you simply enter the quantity you want in one go.

Edit: Like I said at the beginning I cheat so I don't need help with starting stats... but since you were asking about making it better for new players that seemed to be the biggest "grind" IMO

Last edited:

Grey62

Jun 11, 2022
Am I the only one around here who hates the relationship deterioration system in this game ? It's just too many things to handle.

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
Am I the only one around here who hates the relationship deterioration system in this game ? It's just too many things to handle.
No, though I'm fine with it. There's a built-in cheat to turn it off due west of the guard tower in WW, click on the circled spot.
1701551683656.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Grey62

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I might be weird in that I quite like the relationship system as it is, Harem games tend to bug me because there is never any consequence to fucking everyone, I like that this game makes you work for it...

But there is already a cheat you can use to turn that relationship decay off.

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
I might be weird in that I quite like the relationship system as it is, Harem games tend to bug me because there is never any consequence to fucking everyone, I like that this game makes you work for it...

But there is already a cheat you can use to turn that relationship decay off.
It was a 3th party mod that used it, and instead of getting in a issue with outdated modes (like in the past)
asked tinkerer to make it as cheat option.

the potion thing is just for crafting right ? so it goes faster

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
you mean my suggestion in #37,779?
Kinda, I'd like to see something like that for all the advanced crafting, meals/steak/torches etc, but the Potion screen in particular is infuriating, it tells you nothing about what you need, or how much supplies you have, it could do with a complete revamp IMO, something like the trader screen would be perfect, just a clear list of the recipes you have unlocked on one screen along with a clear list showing what you need per potion and how many of each ingredient you have left... and obviously the ability to craft the number you want at one time... maybe with an energy cost to represent the amount of extra time crafting multiple potions would take.

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
At least for me, yes. TBH I'm okay with crafting sex potions still going one-by-one but if it can be implemented for the others why not for sex potions as well?

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
We're not weird for liking it, just in the minority. :p

Reactions: DomWolf

drakesang

Sep 16, 2022
i had no problem with it cause its easy to get blood potions and just vamp your way past it. i am hopeing we get a quest eventuly though to become a damphire through either of the temples or a secret vamp ritual that would keep you at half of the blood pool via your own blood production and then the blood potions could be used for the extra full bonus if you need it for long term areas where the sun is not a problem.

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
but if you can give me feedback on what part of the grind is the most annoying and/or have fixes (smart solutions) for it i always can put it infront of Tinkerer.
After some thought...

When first starting a new game, before you even name the MC, add something about "walkthroughs are on the game's Discord and also included if you DL the game files."

Set it so the quest "Check Point" is triggered when you first speak to the guards keeping people away from "The Witch," even if you already have the pass. It's really minor and doesn't affect gameplay at all, and almost the oldest part of the game, but it bugs me.

Following up on what DomWolf has said:
- Cure Poison: After the first couple of tries with the game I now scumsave the snakes (still only 10-15 minutes to clear the mill), and for spiders walk off the poison in a "safe" area then use bandages/meals/healing before tackling the next one. But I absolutely support getting a Cure Poison early. Dunno why the Miller would have one since they're not available for sale. Ziva does teach you how to make them but you have to get a spider egg first. Maybe when you find Furball it's digging up a buried pot with some coins and a Cure Poison? Also, add them for sale at Daiyu's shop, you can buy Giant's Strength which needs a gatorbeast carcass but not Cure Poison?
- Cheat chests: The first two in WW have 1,300 coins total after selling the ears; the one at the Well has 1,000 more. IMO 2,300 coins and other starter stuff available on Day 1 with little risk is enough. I do like the idea of more chests in places you usually don't go to, like bottom right corner of the Cemetery or top left corner of the Ancient Shrine outdoors map. Also areas you can't access immediately like the giants' camp or on top of the High Priestess' tomb.

Following up on what Stil996 has said:
- Optional Easy Mode: IMO mostly needed for newer players and/or at the beginning of the game. With some experience (player or MC) beating the early opponents ain't hard, they aren't that tough. As little as +2 to all Attributes makes the MC significantly more powerful against early opponents. Then equip gear, and early opponents go down fast. For an Easy Mode I'd say +2 to all Attributes, but not much more than that or it becomes *too* easy. Alternatively, +2xp per defeated opponent and no Attribute boosts, the MC levels up faster at the beginning (and your companions level faster once you get them). Or just start at Level 4-5 if using Easy Mode, leveling would be slower but the MC would have a permanent edge throughout the game plus more HP.

Last edited:
Reactions: DomWolf
4.20 star(s) 202 Votes