Oldfatthor

Jun 9, 2019
my game keep's crashing during game play every like 40 mins. and i always forget to save. my game folder is in my documents could that be why?

May 26, 2019
Guide for Linux (& Maybe Mac) Users Who Want to Play Peasant's Quest

NOTE: I have only tested this on a Linux Mint 19 machine and it seems to be working fine. This should theoretically work for Mac users as well, but I have not tested this on a Mac. The best part about this method is that it doesn't require the installation of WINE or any WINE-related programs.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steps are given below FOR LINUX Users:

1) Download the compressed version of the game to your Downloads folder (has slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
Compressed Peasant's Quest Download

- The reason why you should download it to your Downloads folder is because future steps will depend on this
- The reason why you need the compressed version is because the original file is encrypted by the developer, Tinkerer
- Downloading the original would require you to decrypt it using another software you'd have to download called
"Enigma Virtual Box Unpacker" which in turn, would require you to download WINE since it's only built for Windows
- The Compressed version of this game already comes decrypted and so is easier to work with

2) Extract the "Peasants Quest NYD191" root folder from the downloaded zip file using "Archive Manager" or any equivalent
- Make sure the extracted folder is in your "Downloads" folder since other steps will rely on this

3) Once fully extracted, remove all the spaces in the root folder's name
- Example: The folder name should go from "Peasants Quest NYD191" to "Peasants_Quest_NYD191"
- NOTE: This name change is MANDATORY for the tool being introduced in the next steps to work

4) If you wish to disable the built-in censorship and play this game as intended:
- Go into the "www" folder located in the "Peasants_Quest_NYD191" root folder
- Create a new text (.txt) file and name it "Censorship.txt" - Keep the 'C' capitalized
- Then open the file and write only the word "Off" - Keep the 'O' capitalized

5) Download the "RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Linux" tool:

6) Extract the "RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Linux" folder from the downloaded zip file using "Archive Manager" or any equivalent

7) IMPORTANT: Read this entire step before implementing even a single part of it
- Copy EVERYTHING from the "RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Linux" folder and paste it to the "Peasants_Quest_NYD191" folder
- When you're asked to "MERGE" files/folders, check YES and then check to do this for all folder/files "like this from now on"
- When you're asked to "REPLACE" files, again check YES and then check to do this for all folder/files "like this from now on"

8) Open up the terminal, use the "cd" command to navigate into the "Peasants_Quest_NYD191" root folder, and make the files called "Game.desktop" and "nw" executable by implementing the code below one line at a time:

Code:
chmod +x Game.desktop
chmod +x nw
- Make sure to close the terminal after you are done
9) Then double click on "game.Desktop" and that should launch the game

10) If Step 8 doesn't launch the game then you will need to complete this step to create a launcher:
- Go to "Peasants_Quest_NYD191" root folder and create a new file
- Name the file "Peasants_Quest_Game.sh" - the '.sh' extension is important
- Copy and Paste the code below into the "Peasants_Quest_Game.sh"

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd ~/
cd Downloads/Peasants_Quest_NYD191/
./nw

- NOTE: If you saved the "Peasants_Quest_NYD191" root folder in some place other than the "Downloads" folder, then you
will have to change the third line of code to match where you saved the folder
- Save and close the '.sh' file
- Then open the terminal, use 'cd' command to navigate to the newly created "Peasants_Quest_Game.sh" file, and type in
the code below to make the ".sh" file executable:

Code:
chmod +x Peasants_Quest_Game.sh

- Make sure to close the terminal once this is done

11) Finally, double click on the "Peasants_Quest_Game.sh" file
- This should open up a launch window and then all you have to do is hit run

[EDITED PORTION BEGINNING] - For Correcting the Error called "Error: EACCES"

12) If you are experiencing this error "Error: EACCES: permission denied, open" then do the following:
- Go to the location "Peasants_Quest_NYD191/www/save" - Do NOT go into the save file yet
- Open the "save" folder as an administrator
- Right-Click on the area outside the ".rpgsave" file, click properties, go to permissions, and change "root" to your user - This is for the save folder
- Then Right-Click on the "config.rpgsave" file, click properties, go to permissions, and change "root" to your user - This is for the save file
- Afterwards, restart the game. It should work properly now.

[EDITED PORTION ENDING]

Now, hopefully, you should have Peasant's Quest running on your Linux machine. If not, read the first post on the thread linked here (specifically look at the section labeled "Important") and leave a comment/question.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steps are given below FOR MAC Users (I have NOT tested this):

1) Download the compressed version of the game (has slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
Compressed Peasant's Quest Download

- The reason why you need the compressed version is because the original file is encrypted by the developer, Tinkerer
- Downloading the original would require you to decrypt it using another software you'd have to download called
"Enigma Virtual Box Unpacker" which in turn, would require you to download WINE since it's only built for Windows
- The Compressed version of this game already comes decrypted and so is easier to work with

2) Extract the "Peasants Quest NYD191" root folder from the downloaded zip file

3) If you wish to disable the built-in censorship and play this game as intended:
- Go into the "www" folder located in the "Peasants Quest NYD191" root folder
- Create a new text (.txt) file and name it "Censorship.txt" - Keep the 'C' capitalized
- Then open the file and write only the word "Off" - Keep the 'O' capitalized

4) Download the "RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Mac_OS_X" tool:

5) Extract the "RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Mac_OS_X" folder from the downloaded zip file

6) IMPORTANT: Read this entire step before implementing even a single part of it
- Copy EVERYTHING from the " " directory and paste it to the
"Peasants Quest NYD191" folder
- When you're asked to "MERGE" files/folders, check YES and then check to do this for all folder/files "like this from now on"
- When you're asked to "REPLACE" files, again check YES and then check to do this for all folder/files "like this from now on"

7) Then do whatever is needed in MAC to should launch the game (I think it's double clicking the ".app" executable)
- If someone with a MAC does this and tells me what it is, I can update this last section to be more specific

[EDITED PORTION BEGINNING] - For Correcting the Error called "Error: EROFS"

8) If you are experiencing this error "Error: EROFS: read-only file system, open" then do the following:
- Go to the location "Peasants Quest NYD191/www/save/config.rpgsave"
- Then use link this to change the permissions of the "save" folder and "config.rpgsave" file from "Read Only" to "Read & Write"
- NOTE: As always, I haven't tested this. So hopefully this should work for Mac users out there. If not, consider switching from Apple to Linux. Haha.

[EDITED PORTION ENDING]

Now, hopefully, you should have Peasant's Quest running on your Linux machine. If not, read the first post on the thread linked here (specifically look at the section labeled "Important") and leave a comment/question.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sources:

Compressed Version of Peasant's Quest - Link
RPG Maker MV v1.6.2 Linux Mac and Windows Thread - Link
Playing on Linux - Tutorials, Tools, And Help - Link

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
my game keep's crashing during game play every like 40 mins. and i always forget to save. my game folder is in my documents could that be why?
I'd suggest to turn off light effects in the menu, it's VERY taxing on RAM and lack of RAM is the main reasons for crashs in RPGM MV

Reactions: Oldfatthor

Evans15

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Ok fair enough, it does say that under the installation drop down but who really needs to learn how to run a RPGM game? It would make way more sense that somewhere like the walkthrough it would tell you that this needs to be installed to actually see the content. That's the only point that I'm trying to make is that it should of been made clearer from the start.
It can't say that because it is shared with the game, the point of the patch is to hide as much as possible that content from Patreon, that's why the patch isn't given with the game in the first place.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Ok, can anyone please recommend me a save file editor for this game in particular which will allow me to add more items.

saveeditonline doesn't count, it shows shit as variables and that tells me nothing. Rpgmaker save edit works for other rpgm games, but I don't think I used it for PQ in the past, and it doesn't work now for whatever reason.

To be specific I'm trying to get a bunch of enhanced fertility potions because grinding for them is a bitch, especially for the stupid eggs.

Edit: By the way if someone could explain the stupid ass affection system that got added in for no apparent reason, that's be nice. I get the basics of how it works, i want to know how to make it irrelevant so i can get my damn scenes.

Flat

Donor
Aug 3, 2017
Ok, can anyone please recommend me a save file editor for this game in particular which will allow me to add more items.

saveeditonline doesn't count, it shows shit as variables and that tells me nothing. Rpgmaker save edit works for other rpgm games, but I don't think I used it for PQ in the past, and it doesn't work now for whatever reason.

To be specific I'm trying to get a bunch of enhanced fertility potions because grinding for them is a bitch, especially for the stupid eggs.

Edit: By the way if someone could explain the stupid ass affection system that got added in for no apparent reason, that's be nice. I get the basics of how it works, i want to know how to make it irrelevant so i can get my damn scenes.
Unpack the game.exe (enigma vb unpacker).
Add cheat menu, then add items.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Soon the Spider girl will join your batbreeder in the dungeons which will make aquireing spider eggs much easier.

Because girls tend to dislike not seeing their lover over an extended time... and haveing him sleep in places with people they don't know does kind of make them jealous.

Visit the girls each day and give them a present, or in Mia's case cook a meal in her house, unless their affection is already on max than a present in 5-7 days should suffice... the bonus you get outweigth the malus from staying away a few days

Yoli

Aug 28, 2018
When I return to Frida with her sister, the bedroom's door is closed, I cannot leave the house... and I don't know what to do...

Cipherdragon

Aug 3, 2019
I think the rumor about the 16% increased chance of Shakala giving birth to a girl is a lie, or its bugged. Cause she gave 10 times birth already im above 300 days now and never a girl only Warriors over and over again.

happybrother

Aug 17, 2016
So, the Erevi's daughter (younng succubus evil-godling) is always too busy or not in the mood to talk and is always in her room in the Tower of Death.
There was this quest where I walked around with her etc, but if I read the changelog (already some versions ago) correctly, then there should be more.

How do you trigger it?
Maybe anyone can tell me the switch to modify to get it? "It".

4.20 star(s) 201 Votes