hardwired1990

Jun 28, 2019
I can't seem to run the new version. Getting a header error for the .exe when unzipping.

Downloaded from each link too, anyone else have that problem?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Time to review the update I guess.

I've clocked in a 6 hour speedrun with cheats for gold and combat stats, and here are some thoughts.

2.06+2.11 is good, but has been way slower compared to previous updates to come out while having a similar amount of content. I have a slight feeling that the animations took up most of the development time, which has never been a requirement to enjoy the scenes, at least for me personally.

I also don't see the point of going so all-in on the vampire powers, while it is cool, the game has enough resource management as is (at least if you're playing for the content and not the gameplay), and the increase in combat options isn't worth the extra time invested into farming for even more resources. You already need to farm at least 5-6 different things for potions and pastries, not to mention items for quests. The main redeeming quality of the system is that it has utility otherwise, and I can see a lot of effort has been put into a relatively minor, but complex aspect for a game made in rpgm.

While playing through the entire game, I've also noticed some weird quest dependencies that carried over from the game's beginning, but are inconvenient now, at least for the purposes of getting through the game quickly. For instance, needing to talk to Beth specifically to learn the Summon spell, and progress Erevi's story. You can't initiate the quest for the spell through Mia's questline, and Erevi's daughter won't group up without it, which resulted in me being stuck for about a week (in-game) because I couldn't figure out why Erevi's questline was stuck.
Plus, the sheer amount of running between areas has been exhausting. I don't see a solution to this, as it is a consequence of the game's structure, but even the teleportation seems to be only slightly helping the issue, since you have to wait for days to get confirmations on pregnancies and events to trigger, which combines with the pacing to leave you with 2-3 spots you have to run between every day to check if something's changed.

I would honestly suggest maybe reducing the time it takes for some events to progress, or untangle the questline dependencies, so you can manage almost all of them at a time, instead of having to switch between Erevi and Ziva, in order to continue to the next step of their respective questlines.
Well the longer periods in between certain Events leave enough time for normal Players to explore the world, level up and gather resources... the game was and will never be designed for cheaters... so your main complaints are that you try to play the game in a way not intended to and run into several rooadblocks by doing so... gues that also shows that the game is well developed as it forces even the cheaters to take a step back and enjoy the world and it's lore some more

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Well the longer periods in between certain Events leave enough time for normal Players to explore the world, level up and gather resources... the game was and will never be designed for cheaters... so your main complaints are that you try to play the game in a way not intended to and run into several rooadblocks by doing so... gues that also shows that the game is well developed as it forces even the cheaters to take a step back and enjoy the world and it's lore some more
I agree that the long waits can get annoying sometimes but the way I see it, it gives me time to do other quests while I wait or prepare for up coming battles I know will be round the corner further along the storyline. I mean every time a first or special birth happens I'm expecting some sh** lol.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All this stuff I have to remeber to prepare for in that time or I get f***** over lol

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
So I started a new game and is it just me or are the women not giving birth no matter how long you wait?

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
So I started a new game and is it just me or are the women not giving birth no matter how long you wait?
Should be 25 days (5 days to realise they are preggo & 20 days before birth).

I know some wont give birth to there 1st child until AFTER you finish certain tasks.

•Frida wont go into labour until u complete Waystones Part-2.
•Erevi wont go into labour until you have completed Restore The Temple.
•Victoria will go into labour during Unwelcome Geust.
•Shakala will only birth her 1st batch of young after u have had all 3 scenes with her wire armour on.
•Mia will on give birth as long as you have built her home extension.
•(GoblinDaughter) wont give birth until after A Common Enemy

There are still plenty of girls you wont give birth but can get pregnant:
•Gwynneth
•Alice
•Liandra
•Maghda
•Vixenatrix
•(Erevi'sDaughter)

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
If he does do more for Rosy in the future Update mabey he could introduce a small halfling village. Mabey another Halfling Girl or two like with Frida & the giant camp. Could introduce like Rosy's sister or cousin. Obviously this would not be likley with ether Update on the pole but just as a possibility for the future.

Would be interesting to see a small village of Halflings as a human lol.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
If he does do more for Rosy in the future Update mabey he could introduce a small halfling village. Mabey another Halfling Girl or two like with Frida & the giant camp. Could introduce like Rosy's sister or cousin. Obviously this would not be likley with ether Update on the pole but just as a possibility for the future.

Would be interesting to see a small village of Halflings as a human lol.
I doubt it... Rosie said they left the Halfling village and after Sam died she couldn't return on her own... indicating that the distance is more than just a days trip.
Remember the game takes place in a very narrow area around Weirdwood as it's center.
From the beginning it was said several time that there is no bigger settlement by sentinel species in the whole area.
I'd call the Giants semi sentinel as their society is dominated by males, whom grow dumper and more aggressive as they age... and Goblins are clearly defined as Monsters... so also not really considered a sentinel species

Headless_lime

Feb 20, 2018
I started the quest '' Further Investigations'' with Oksana and when we got to the temple gate there is nothing I can do to finish the quest. She doesn't leave so I can't start ''The purifiers'' quest to get the shards... Any help ? Is there something I'm doing wrong ?
Cheers

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I started the quest '' Further Investigations'' with Oksana and when we got to the temple gate there is nothing I can do to finish the quest. She doesn't leave so I can't start ''The purifiers'' quest to get the shards... Any help ? Is there something I'm doing wrong ?
Cheers
If I am not mistaken (don't know the Quests by name) you are ahead of the schedule.
I think you finished investigating the cemetery by distracting Oksana and now have to get some rest in the nearby Inn... which will further lead you to the Castle Tepes

Headless_lime

Feb 20, 2018
If I am not mistaken (don't know the Quests by name) you are ahead of the schedule.
I think you finished investigating the cemetery by distracting Oksana and now have to get some rest in the nearby Inn... which will further lead you to the Castle Tepes
Yes I've been to cemetery with Oksana already and then we went to the inn, saved the innkeeper, rested there and then the next day went to the castle Tepes. The door wont open and Oksana says nothing. If I leave she stays in the inn and the quest doen't finish. :rolleyes:

4.20 star(s) 200 Votes