Collection Video Perfectdeadbeat collection [2021-06-27] [PDdeadbeats]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

blanket69

Jan 30, 2022
WIP#1-84 merged (complete)

Mega

HQ Version: Pixeldrain

Considering Post Produciton and sound, I'd be surprised if this was released any sooner than 2025. I'd be satisfied just seeing the movie as it is with sound effects but I can't hate that he wants it to be as close to perfect as he envisions it to be.
when is this supposed to be 100% done with audio?

JAV4Life

Aug 27, 2018
i wouldnt take it that far, theres just no urgency for him, he's gonna take his sweet time cos he can. also i kinda want him to fix Tina's tits, in the early parts they look like some blurry mess from one of 26regions old movies, later on they're better looking :sneaky:

rellana

Jul 1, 2024
Just as a little...note. Shrek began development in 1995. And came out in 2001. So maybe cut the guy working alone a weeeee bit of slack there.
The fact that you would even think this is kind of an argument is hilarious. First off they had licensing they had to acquire from the book which was published in 1990 and second, that the film was made during the very early days of computer animated film, Toy Story being the very first full length computer animated film ever. They were using ancient technology compared to what we have today. And third, production began in 95, actual animation and filming didn't begin until 98 because of many, many reasons like Shrek's original voice actor dying in 1997, meaning they had to replace and re-record all the lines. They had to make all those assets in the film from scratch whereas a smut film in SFM can use existing assets that you can touch up and rework however you like.

Last edited:

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
The fact that you would even think this is kind of argument is hilarious. First off that had licensing that they had to acquire from the book which was published in 1990 and second, that film was made during the very early days of computer animated film, Toy Story being the very first full length computer animated film ever. They were using ancient technology compared to what we have today. And third, production began in 95, actual animation and filming didn't begin until 98 because of many, many reasons like Shrek's original voice actor dying in 1997, meaning they had to replace and re-record all the lines.
I mean if you wanna pick a modern animated film's development time, go right ahead, I just went off the comment. Fact is there's a ton that goes into making these animations, especially one as long as this appears to be. He's completed the main portion of the film, beginning to end. Now comes post stuff, giving it a second lookover, seeing what could be changed, what sticks out, if there's any clipping or noticeable errors.

If he'd been doing all this and showing no WIPS at all, you'd be crying foul. The man pumps out numerous WIPS over the years, and people are still crying foul. Nevermind the fact that none of us are paying for it, so we reaaaally don't have a leg to stand on, this is just fairly typical for a long animation. Think some of ya'll been spoiled by other animator's outputs, so therefore assume all animation can be held to the same standards, despite everyone's lives being different.

If you want hastily made long animation, go sub to opiumud's thread instead. Plenty of 50+ minute, poorly lipsynced, crappy audio films for you to fap and complain about.

rellana

Jul 1, 2024
I mean if you wanna pick a modern animated film's development time, go right ahead, I just went off the comment. Fact is there's a ton that goes into making these animations, especially one as long as this appears to be. He's completed the main portion of the film, beginning to end. Now comes post stuff, giving it a second lookover, seeing what could be changed, what sticks out, if there's any clipping or noticeable errors.

If he'd been doing all this and showing no WIPS at all, you'd be crying foul. The man pumps out numerous WIPS over the years, and people are still crying foul. Nevermind the fact that none of us are paying for it, so we reaaaally don't have a leg to stand on, this is just fairly typical for a long animation. Think some of ya'll been spoiled by other animator's outputs, so therefore assume all animation can be held to the same standards, despite everyone's lives being different.

If you want hastily made long animation, go sub to opiumud's thread instead. Plenty of 50+ minute, poorly lipsynced, crappy audio films for you to fap and complain about.
Interesting you assume I want hastily thrown together content. WIPs isn't content. I support numerous artists and animators that can take a couple months to put together somewhere about 10 to 15 minutes worth sometimes they don't even give an update, I don't need updates like many people such as you do cause I'm patient and have faith they'd deliver. They might even throw in some shorts or pinups in between all that. I'll gladly take two very high quality 10 minute long videos over the course of three to four months than a ~35 minute long one over the course of four years any day.

Reactions: wharever

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
Interesting you assume I want hastily thrown together content. WIPs isn't content. I support numerous artists and animators that can take a couple months to put together somewhere about 10 to 15 minutes worth sometimes they don't even give an update, I don't need updates like many people such as you do cause I'm patient and have faith they'd deliver. They might even throw in some shorts or pinups in between all that. I'll gladly take two very high quality 10 minute long videos over the course of three to four months than a ~35 minute long one over the course of four years any day.
Nah I'm not a WIP guy either. Less its my own commission, I very much prefer to just see the finished product. Feel like if you see the whole journey, once the sound is added and the render's done, you've pretty much already seen the flick.

And if shorter works are your thing...why stick around this thread then?

rellana

Jul 1, 2024
Nah I'm not a WIP guy either. Less its my own commission, I very much prefer to just see the finished product. Feel like if you see the whole journey, once the sound is added and the render's done, you've pretty much already seen the flick.

Short works aren't my "thing" the creators just choose to do that. And I wouldn't call 10 to 15 minutes short for a smut animation either, that's more medium. I could give many examples of creators who do equally as long videos, sometimes at way higher quality but I don't wanna spin this thread into being about other animators since that tends to happen a lot in these threads.

RoachMan

Jun 8, 2021

VincentValen, Can you please keep these tedious run on debates in the FoW/Subverse threads..?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote