4.20 star(s) 24 Votes

killer905

Nov 13, 2017
+ It is nice that there is a game save system
+ Sound effects
+ Intro video
+ Highlighting of objects after 5 seconds of standing still (But I think it would be better if there was such a feature under the button. Or for sharpened vision points, so that you can't spam the skill too much)

In a longer game, however, it would be useful to have " objectives" to do is more directed to sobs who have a few days break from the game because of the length.
I also noticed that there are people on steam who have "Received product for free". I'm guessing these are people who backed the work before the game was added to steam, yes?

mydudes67

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
+ Highlighting of objects after 5 seconds of standing still (But I think it would be better if there was such a feature under the button. Or for sharpened vision points, so that you can't spam the skill too much)
Can't say I'm happy with current system, I need to look into different approaches.
I also noticed that there are people on steam who have "Received product for free". I'm guessing these are people who backed the work before the game was added to steam, yes?
Patreon subscribers at launch, subscribers with lifetime payments above certain threshold and some steam curators recieved keys for free.

Reactions: killer905

killer905

Nov 13, 2017
Can't say I'm happy with current system, I need to look into different approaches.

Patreon subscribers at launch, subscribers with lifetime payments above certain threshold and some steam curators recieved keys for free.
That's what I thought :3

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
Not sure what you don't like about, but I have some thoughts.

If it's a visibility thing than increasing the size or brightness of the effect could maybe help. Changing everything to grayscale with the objects in a distinct color (a la "detective vision") would be another alternate choice.

Separately, I also think that binding the effect to a button would be nice because waiting creates this sense of uncertainty to a degree as to whether it's working. However, I would definitely have it be for only a few seconds with some kind of cooldown. The last thing you probably want is for people to just walk around with the effect constantly on. (I've definitely done that in some games)

An alternate method entirely could be something like a "spell" in front of you that you use. It being directional means more work for the player to gain the information but could mean an assumption they didn't miss something if they weren't paying enough attention where they'd scanned. I wouldn't recommend something like this unless you wanted to incorporate it into puzzles in the future somehow.

With any of these, though, they could even be explained with lore as a focus she has used to find important books in her studies. (almost like the Jack Sparrow's compass that points to the thing he wants most)

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
Took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to add a planet. I had gotten close to the center 3 or 4 times but never got a prompt because I didn't put my cursor directly on top of the orb in the middle of it. On top of that, the glow from the rings made it difficult to see. Perhaps the interaction radius could be increased, or we could add it at the red star? Just some feedback.

4.20 star(s) 24 Votes