4.30 star(s) 32 Votes

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
I've received similar suggestions before. I think people misinterpret the character. He is not some kind of a sage and cannot know anything about puzzle mechanisms.
I was thinking more about some sarcastic quips that still keep pushing the player in the right direction instead of actual solutions and knowledge about the workings of the library.
This and the other idea with Evi just thinking out loud have a shared issue: it's a lot of writing needed to implement smoothly. Instead of a Watsonian in-world solution, there could be a Doylist outside solution. E.g. a hint button that gives a text prompt to the current puzzle stage.
Or just have the walkthrough pdf bundled with the download and trust the players to not spoil themself too early :D

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
Nothing happens after the 4 pattern appear on the foggy doors. How to proceed?
Did the fog lift? Did you solve both doors? Did you talk again to the big person in the room that gave you the order to open the foggy doors?

seba0

Aug 8, 2017
I enjoy the game, the puzzles are great. The only thing that would improve would be the facial expressions, I think he lacks feeling and pleasure in his face.

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
Maybe, ArcaneSpoon77 will add OPTIONAL impregnation / pregnancy?
ArcaneSpoon77, my gratitude for Your efforts, Sir!

wulfric

Jul 1, 2017
yeah ok but HOW do you do the rotation puzzle, nothing happens no matter what i rotate and nothing happens when i use the levers
idk if you got the answer, sorry i didnt see the notification i had a reply.

once you light the brazier with the crystal and the wall opens with the gears, you put both halves on the left and right. then you use telekenesis on the gear wall itself to rotate the puzzle. the left two levers will move the left sphere to the right or to the left and the right side works with that side, ofc. you can move either one in all the way to the center first, because once its there the puzzle will rotate around it without blocking, then move to the opposite side. once you move both spheres to the middle, it should be glowing blue. if its not, tap it on the crystal brazier and it should glow. then on each fog door you hold the sphere at points like it shows in the book until a rune appears completely. once you do a door, you need to likely recharge the sphere at the brazier and do the other door. the doors have slightly different patterns but overall are similar enough.

Reactions: lOlNoo

xwor639

May 19, 2017
Am i the only looking if the constellation room is bug because i solved the first puzzle than gave up to come back later.
I reloaded and start the first puzzle the wolf am sure i complete it and the first teleporter doesnt fucking activate ????????????
any help or is it a bug

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
Am i the only looking if the constellation room is bug because i solved the first puzzle than gave up to come back later.
I reloaded and start the first puzzle the wolf am sure i complete it and the first teleporter doesnt fucking activate ????????????
any help or is it a bug
I couldn't recreate it. I saved and reloaded after going in the room but not solving, after solving, and even after solving the tile puzzle. You do need to re-complete the puzzle every time you reload. I even placed the yellow sphere in the center of the room and after reloading had to start over again, but I could still continue the puzzle as normal.

xwor639

May 19, 2017
I couldn't recreate it. I saved and reloaded after going in the room but not solving, after solving, and even after solving the tile puzzle. You do need to re-complete the puzzle every time you reload. I even placed the yellow sphere in the center of the room and after reloading had to start over again, but I could still continue the puzzle as normal.
So what did i forget a step because before that if i recall u had to give a book to sebastian which am sure i did it. I guess ill just check around and see *sigh*

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
So what did i forget a step because before that if i recall u had to give a book to sebastian which am sure i did it. I guess ill just check around and see *sigh*
Not sure. I believe you get sent back to Sebastian when you pick up the book. Unless you aren't using the red star as the top of your constellation, you might just need to reload an earlier save.

My guide can help if you don't remember any puzzles.

xwor639

May 19, 2017
Not sure. I believe you get sent back to Sebastian when you pick up the book. Unless you aren't using the red star as the top of your constellation, you might just need to reload an earlier save.

My guide can help if you don't remember any puzzles.
ok thanks for repplying.

ArcaneSpoon

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
highlight_1.png

I'm thinking of making a special view mode for highlighting interactable objects. Something that looks similar to what you would see in Hitman games, I think it works well there. But I'm not sure what kind of objects should be highlighted, all interactables including doors and levers or just puzzle related things and collectables? Any suggestions?

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
I don't think doors are necessary but if you add puzzle related objects too then the light and rod will be included, which would make the magic barrier puzzle too easy. Do you think it will be more difficult if you add a hint mechanic? Example: if you stay too long in a room without progressing to get a hint like "One of these lights looks different..."

Reactions: the_MCB

ArcaneSpoon

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
"One of these lights looks different..."
In this case it does look different, you don't need to tell player about it :D
Do you think it will be more difficult if you add a hint mechanic? Example: if you stay too long in a room without progressing to get a hint
It's kind of a gray area. What is 'progressing' and how much is 'long'? Implementing some generic solution like view mode would be much easier.
the light and rod will be included, which would make the magic barrier puzzle too easy
I agree, but how do I make quest related things stand out more, I have no idea.

Principal

Sep 3, 2017
Make it a channelled spell, like her telekinesis!

Edit: I mean, so that people can use it when (if) they need it, and can just ignore it if they prefer no crutches.

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
View attachment 4108055

I'm thinking of making a special view mode for highlighting interactable objects. Something that looks similar to what you would see in Hitman games, I think it works well there. But I'm not sure what kind of objects should be highlighted, all interactables including doors and levers or just puzzle related things and collectables? Any suggestions?
I think the greater contrast is nice compared to what we have now. You could change the color based on interactables, puzzle things, etc. Like, interactables = blue, puzzle item = yellow, sexnomicon = red, outfits = purple

Also, like Principal said, making it another spell would be a good idea.

As for what, I would say that basically anything that the player can highlight with the pointer. Doors might only be necessary if you plan on having hidden doors or something. Also, when I say "interactables" I mean anything from the save sphere to a box you open, but puzzle specific would be something like the crystal inside the box. So, you'd have a blue highlighted box with a yellow highlighted crystal when you open it. (not x-rayed through it or something)

It should be to just make sure the player didn't miss something, not necessarily a hint for what to do when they find it. Like, the tile puzzles will just be a bunch of yellow highlighted tiles but it shouldn't hint how to turn them. It's ultimately a QoL tool, in my opinion.

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes