4.30 star(s) 32 Votes

Arkanae

May 29, 2018
What would be a good way to convey that to the player? Little pictures at the bottom do not seem to work very well.
I personally found it obvious (as it's a pretty common control mechanism in other games). That said, making it even more obvious is obviously better:ROFLMAO:

Maybe at some resolutions the little mouse picture is not clear enough to see the wheel highlighted. Perhaps a bigger picture, or an animated one, might help?

Darper

Feb 9, 2021
To be honest this is F all progress for 3 years. Small features like cum stain, removable panties belly bulge and more creatures would go a long way, instead of just constantly changing the riddles and rooms.

Reactions: lOlNoo

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
That's unfortunate. My only guess is that UE refused to compile shaders for the character.

You can try to delete PersonalStudy_PCD3D_SM5.upipelinecache in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\PersonalStudy\Saved

No idea if it helps though
Just to follow up, this did solve the problem. I was able to complete the current content thanks to this and Kroo's help.

As an aside, I'm grateful we can rebind controls since I'm left handed. Don't see this in many of these games. Also, I'm glad the new form is optional, as it's definitely not my thing. This is proving to be one of the better developed games of this sort and I'm enjoying it overall. Thanks again.

--

To be honest this is F all progress for 3 years. Small features like cum stain, removable panties belly bulge and more creatures would go a long way, instead of just constantly changing the riddles and rooms.
I would completely disagree with this statement. New areas, story & character progression, new sex animations with each update... these I consider content. The things you mention seem like final details, end development polish material, to me.

--

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry for the late reply, I don't get on here every day. This took some trial and error, but the best method I found was...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Giuf00

-Nynx-

May 22, 2018
I have played the game from the beginning for hours till constellation puzzle and I keep getting Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) randomly in the area. There was no BSOD before. can someone share me a save file after constellation puzzle plz?
pc instability

nutka

Dec 30, 2022
What would be a good way to convey that to the player? Little pictures at the bottom do not seem to work very well.
I think we went through Telekinesis 101 at the beginning of the game. There can only be two reasons why the student can't do it anymore: not paying attention or forgetting. She wouldn't have gotten that far with the first, notes would help with the second. Did she even write in her notebook? Or did she just attend the course?
Maybe at some resolutions the little mouse picture is not clear enough to see the wheel highlighted. Perhaps a bigger picture, or an animated one, might help?
I think you should implement a notebook with the spells she learned in addition to the dialog log. With a function like this: the student can check it off when she has mastered the spell. Then a function at the beginning of the game: “Hey, you haven't cast a spell in a long time. Can you still cast all the spells or would you like to look at your records to refresh your skills?” Sometimes it's also annoying to be constantly reminded of the obvious. But you don't play the game every day and therefore don't have it all in your head. I think you can take both factions with you this way. Personally, I find the little reminder when casting spells to be completely sufficient as it is currently implemented.

Hmmm, but then there would be a problem. She would have to carry the notebook with her at all times. That doesn't look good and doesn't make a clever impression. Neither visually nor professionally. She could put the notebook next to the special objects while saving the progress.

tl;dr: “load the game”, “load the game and refresh your skills”

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
I think we went through Telekinesis 101 at the beginning of the game. There can only be two reasons why the student can't do it anymore: not paying attention or forgetting. She wouldn't have gotten that far with the first, notes would help with the second. Did she even write in her notebook? Or did she just attend the course?

I think you should implement a notebook with the spells she learned in addition to the dialog log. With a function like this: the student can check it off when she has mastered the spell. Then a function at the beginning of the game: “Hey, you haven't cast a spell in a long time. Can you still cast all the spells or would you like to look at your records to refresh your skills?” Sometimes it's also annoying to be constantly reminded of the obvious. But you don't play the game every day and therefore don't have it all in your head. I think you can take both factions with you this way. Personally, I find the little reminder when casting spells to be completely sufficient as it is currently implemented.

Hmmm, but then there would be a problem. She would have to carry the notebook with her at all times. That doesn't look good and doesn't make a clever impression. Neither visually nor professionally. She could put the notebook next to the special objects while saving the progress.

tl;dr: “load the game”, “load the game and refresh your skills”
There could maybe be some sort of magic projection kind of like Dead Space's hologram menus or mental thoughts like Sherlock or something.

But I don't think it even needs to be diegetic in some way. A simple menu is fine for reviewing spells and the context of some controls for the player. Visual and story related flair can be all well and good but I wouldn't care either way.

Depending on how many we get and the complexity of them, something to review mechanics can certainly be beneficial in the future (especially in a puzzle game) but at this point I really don't think it's necessary.

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
PersonalStudy-0.09Hotfix
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
(y)

I was thinking of making the last scene available to the elf form as an option for replay.
Please do! I'll always take more content like that GANGBANG for our lovely elf! It also means that people who like the original can still get that while others don't "miss out" on an extra scene

aitebet

Oct 29, 2021
Now this update is what I like to see.. a bit of a shame she doesn't get to keep her vagina, but as a futa enjoyer I'll take what I can get

GeminiCross

Mar 5, 2019
Am I stupid or is 6 sexnomicon bugged? I picked it, it showes the scene where succubus is eating me out, but I can't choose it when interacting with her (tried with both dick and pussy scenes).

Arkanae

May 29, 2018

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
You could have the highlighted part on the mouse icon in color. Left/right click as filled in shapes works ok enough, but the scroll wheel does not stand out much as a white line on a white schematic pictogram of a mouse.

And for later: having a button to ask Sebastian for puzzle hints? Every puzzle type is easy for somebody, but brainfuck for another. (I stumbled on the sphere and gear puzzle because I did not saw the box with the crystal at first).

ArcaneSpoon

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
a button to ask Sebastian for puzzle hints?
I've received similar suggestions before. I think people misinterpret the character. He is not some kind of a sage and cannot know anything about puzzle mechanisms.

nutka

Dec 30, 2022
He “don't have access to other sections”. “Imps don't possess innate abilities to manipulate magical matters.” For him "it's mostly cultural study". This will be fun
:eek:

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
I've received similar suggestions before. I think people misinterpret the character. He is not some kind of a sage and cannot know anything about puzzle mechanisms.
While I COULD see Sebastian as a hint giver, I agree that I don't see him in that role. I think some of it just comes down to the context clues you give the player and then they just have to be able to notice them.

For the newer puzzle, I thought you did a good job with the crystals on the ground near the brazier and others by the box with the big one. They led me right where I needed to go.

But there have been other puzzles where it feels like trial and error:

-I mentioned before that I couldn't find a clue for the second fog door like how the first had the book. Maybe their patterns could flank Amelattu and then the book is what connects them, the fog doors, and the sphere.

-Another is the mural room. I'm assuming those are based on tarot cards or something but even so I'm not sure what the player is supposed to draw from to figure out which statuette goes where.

-The other big one is the pole for the gears in the barrier puzzle. Something that just makes the pole standout a bit more so the player thinks to cross their pointer over it and then to pick it up. From there it might be up to them to think of sticking it in the gears. In general, having items highlight when you stop moving is already a decent part of a hint system in a way, but it doesn't do much good in a spot where players are likely to only think about moving forward (like a hallway).

You could maybe have Evi try voicing her thoughts "out loud" (either VO or text) about the puzzle that's she's in, but then you have to worry about having something for different multiple puzzle rooms and various stages of puzzles. It might be a lot.

The other problem with Evi voicing hints is that it may or may not go with how smart or perceptive you want Evi to be. Maybe she's really smart and she can intuitively sense the solution just from looking around the room to give a hint or maybe she's barely figuring things out as she moves along and wouldn't have a firm idea.

I definitely like the environmental story telling for puzzle hints the best. Portal doesn't have GLaDOS giving the player hints because they want the player to remember what they've learned and use contextual clues where necessary to introduce a new concept. Your game is just less cumulative learning and more individualized which just means coming up with clues for each puzzle rather than just past experience like in Portal.

Reactions: nutka

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
I was thinking of making the last scene available to the elf form as an option for replay.
That would be great. Don't want to take anything away from anyone else, but like the idea of retaining the character I'm trying to portray. (y)

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes