Daerque

Donor
Dec 15, 2017
It's hard to be angry at things that are true.

However I also have a giant heart full of love.

I also have a very active part of my body I like to use in my "private time", allow me to show you......

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And I am quite certain that you are very well versed in its use...both with all the love that is deserved..
I always suspected yours was bigger than mine.
You have awakened...the sleeping pixie...

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
Leave those self introduction or worshipping or whatever party you guys doing in General/Off-Topic please and thank you.

I'd say "simping" but Avaron isn't that level yet :KEK:

Reactions: Anders Oppenheimer

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Leave those self introduction or worshipping or whatever party you guys doing in General/Off-Topic please and thank you.
I'd say "simping" but Avaron isn't that level yet :KEK:
Yo can we just reroute General/Off-Topic into this thread? It's relevant and within theme of Personal Trainer since nothing makes sense anyways.

Daerque

Donor
Dec 15, 2017
Yo can we just reroute General/Off-Topic into this thread? It's relevant and within theme of Personal Trainer since nothing makes sense anyways.
If things made sense, or followed an intelligent and flowing thread of conversation...I would need a map. Not even the Daerque Side would be of any help!

One of those cases where someone might ask, "What direction is this convo going, anyway?" and the response would have to just be:

"See the spinning top? That's actually a compass...and it is just as confused as you are."

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Domiek

Zeruvex

Mar 22, 2020
My workmate once sang a song in the hospital while we are at work to the tune of "where is the love by Black Eyed peas= people simpin, people tryin, feelings hurt, and hear them crying, they just practice what they preach, thinkin every girl is a bitch
P.S. he is pertaining to our workmate who is a simp and try to hit on every new female nurse he meets. One day he tries to hit on this newbie and it blows right on his face. That newbie was the daughter of the chief nurse of the hospital and he got a citation for the incident. A little off topic but i saw the convos before this comment and a little flirtin doesnt hurt. Its just easy to flirt when u really cant see whose on the other side. Spread love ahaha

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
My workmate once sang a song in the hospital while we are at work to the tune of "where is the love by Black Eyed peas= people simpin, people tryin, feelings hurt, and hear them crying, they just practice what they preach, thinkin every girl is a bitch
P.S. he is pertaining to our workmate who is a simp and try to hit on every new female nurse he meets. One day he tries to hit on this newbie and it blows right on his face. That newbie was the daughter of the chief nurse of the hospital and he got a citation for the incident. A little off topic but i saw the convos before this comment and a little flirtin doesnt hurt. Its just easy to flirt when u really cant see whose on the other side. Spread love ahaha
Nothing better than harassing your coworkers. Bonus points if they're nurses who want nothing to do with people after back to back 12+ hour shifts (y)

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
Hey there Domiek

Have just tried this game for the first time with 0.75b2 version and must say it's pretty good! :cool:

Lovely characters, logical and pretty hot story (Jenna's was something else; love Sophie, Dani, Daisy, Mayan, Hikari models, characters and personalities :love:)!

Guess i've founded a few bugs here and there (started new game with 0.75b2, still there it what's posted here as 0.75b3, saves and screenshot are attached, so:

1) Error with absence of the right image or the path to it

2 & 3) Judging from how the story is told - there should be a pause between first visit to Coffee shop (and getting to know Mayan) and the second visit, where MC finds Mayan at the back alley, but there isn't any pause - events goes in a row one after other.

The same for the 3rd save - Daisy asks MC to give him something, at her home, but event doesn't stop there and next event
(with Daisy giving MC something right at the Lobby) starts right there. This totally brokes the logic of story progression, cause judging from the story and simple logic - this second event at the Lobby should start after the event with Daisy giving MC something at her Dorm.

• Love

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Hey there Domiek
2 & 3) Judging from how the story is told - there should be a pause between first visit to Coffee shop (and getting to know Mayan) and the second visit, where MC finds Mayan at the back alley, but there isn't any pause - events goes in a row one after other.

The same for the 3rd save - Daisy asks MC to give him something, at her home, but event doesn't stop there and next event
(with Daisy giving MC something right at the Lobby) starts right there. This totally brokes the logic of story progression, cause judging from the story and simple logic - this second event at the Lobby should start after the event with Daisy giving MC something at her Dorm.
This right here is exactly why I'm never making another sandbox game again. Was fine at the start but as you start adding more events throughout the game it's a damn nightmare trying to keep in mind of what possible order of things players will take and how they trigger. At one point I remember trying to code an event cooldown period but after a week of this monkey trying to figure out coding and introducing new bugs I scrapped* the whole idea.

Glad you're enjoying the game though!

Last edited:

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
Domiek said:
At one point I remember trying to code an event cooldown period but after a week of this monkey trying to figure out coding and introducing new bugs I scrapped* the whole idea.
Well, i guess a little check (if possible) between 2 events for the player, that would demand reentering the location in order for the second event to start - would if not solve the issue completely, but at least give the player the ability to play the story the way it's told (to leave this location and go to another, where the next story event starts, or change the location and return to it) cause right now there are two events in a row, with absolutely no possibility for the player to see them like 2 different events.

CruzCoda

Aug 15, 2019
This right here is exactly why I'm never making another sandbox game again. Was fine at the start but as you start adding more events throughout the game it's a damn nightmare trying to keep in mind of what possible order of things players will take and how they trigger. At one point I remember trying to code an event cooldown period but after a week of this monkey trying to figure out coding and introducing new bugs I scrapped* the whole idea.

One of the things my dad taught me when I was learning programming, is to sometimes use an oldschool approach.

When looking at problems such as events and triggers, it can sometimes help to take some notecards, write down the various events on them, then put them out across the table and take a look at it physically. That way, you can map it out a little easier in your head, and it starts to make more sense.

Hopefully that advice can help you as well.

I enjoy the game, though, and absolutely adore the writing in it.

Reactions: Kendra

CruzCoda

Aug 15, 2019

So, I was thinking some on the problem you were having with certain events firing before their requisite events have happened. I think I came across a moderately workable solution, though given my limited exposure to RenPy and Python in general, I don't know how feasible it'll be for you to implement in this game, but might be something useful for your next, if you make another sandbox game.

Essentially, you create a new Event object for the girls.

((This is all in pseudo-code))

girlEvent Object
gEvID As Integer //For ease of access or indexing
gEvName As String //Quick event name for giggles
gEvDate As Integer //Gametime date as integer ie: 69 or 10102020 kind of deal
Object End

You could spruce it up if you need to, or just reduce it to a variable for the sake of ease.

Then the easy part. Run a check to see if the preceding event has a date, and that it's not the same day. As long as it isn't a 0 or NULL, and isn't also today, then it can fire the new event and continue along towards the future.

If Today <> gEvDate And gEvDate <> 0 Then
new Event Code

Hope this makes sense, and possibly helps.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
So, I was thinking some on the problem you were having with certain events firing before their requisite events have happened. I think I came across a moderately workable solution, though given my limited exposure to RenPy and Python in general, I don't know how feasible it'll be for you to implement in this game, but might be something useful for your next, if you make another sandbox game.

Essentially, you create a new Event object for the girls.

((This is all in pseudo-code))

girlEvent Object
gEvID As Integer //For ease of access or indexing
gEvName As String //Quick event name for giggles
gEvDate As Integer //Gametime date as integer ie: 69 or 10102020 kind of deal
Object End

You could spruce it up if you need to, or just reduce it to a variable for the sake of ease.

Then the easy part. Run a check to see if the preceding event has a date, and that it's not the same day. As long as it isn't a 0 or NULL, and isn't also today, then it can fire the new event and continue along towards the future.

If Today <> gEvDate And gEvDate <> 0 Then
new Event Code

Hope this makes sense, and possibly helps.
From a coding perspective, setting up the events into small finite state machines and defining the requirements for transition makes more sense. For example, the event is currently showing scene #3. Transition to scene #4 requires a date greater than the date it entered scene #3, the MC present at location X. Transition to scene #5 (which is an alternative state potentially mutually exclusive to scene #4) requires a date at least 2 days from the date scene #3 was triggered, and the MC at location Y.

They're easy to draw out and visually confirm that all states can be entered and exited and the transition requirement inform you what needs to be tracked. Basically, a box is a state (which is a scene to display/play through). Connections are lines linking the boxes that list the prerequisites necessary to move from the current state to the next state.

It's not a particularly difficult concept to implement, but it can appear daunting to hobbyists.

CruzCoda

Aug 15, 2019
From a coding perspective, setting up the events into small finite state machines and defining the requirements for transition makes more sense. For example, the event is currently showing scene #3. Transition to scene #4 requires a date greater than the date it entered scene #3, the MC present at location X. Transition to scene #5 (which is an alternative state potentially mutually exclusive to scene #4) requires a date at least 2 days from the date scene #3 was triggered, and the MC at location Y.

They're easy to draw out and visually confirm that all states can be entered and exited and the transition requirement inform you what needs to be tracked. Basically, a box is a state (which is a scene to display/play through). Connections are lines linking the boxes that list the prerequisites necessary to move from the current state to the next state.

It's not a particularly difficult concept to implement, but it can appear daunting to hobbyists.
Absolutely, and that's how I would've normally thought about it as well. But then I also realized, that there are some people who like to poke around with the Console and see what values they can muck with. Thus, I was looking making sure the event could fire so long as it's date was not empty or the same day. Kind of a general catchall.

Definitely agree, though, that just making sure that the day is greater than, would be the easiest and generally best solution.

3.90 star(s) 169 Votes