krys69

Sep 6, 2017
OK I do remember that one of the old versions of this game allowed us to f**k with the blonde from the front desk was that removed or I messed up something?:unsure:

crikey_buum

Nov 30, 2018
OK I do remember that one of the old versions of this game allowed us to f**k with the blonde from the front desk was that removed or I messed up something?:unsure:
It's been temporarily removed. Not entirely sure, but I believe the character is being rewritten to be maybe a little less dumb. Could be wrong

krys69

Sep 6, 2017
It's been temporarily removed. Not entirely sure, but I believe the character is being rewritten to be maybe a little less dumb. Could be wrong
Ja she did sound like a junior high kid at some point. :rolleyes: Hopefuly she will get more interesting and maybey we will get to her throuh her female friend at some point. :unsure::sneaky:

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Correct....and really...only the text would need to be updated for the temp firing.....maybe he was caught on a camera or someone else reported....not a huge hole in script.

Reactions: Domiek and quinfax

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Hi everyone, glad the update seems to be well received. I'm overseas now visiting family and will be back Friday to finish the last patron scenes and release the full 0.27.

Some quick comments I want to address.

- Every girl will have a "good" and "bad" path. This doesn't mean that every girl will have a generic exclusive romantic partner route. Each path will be specific to each character's story. The good or bad stems from the perspective of MC and his interaction. Will he remain a bitter butthurt bitch who disrespects women because of his cheating ex or will he grow to appreciate the girls for who they are?

- Daisy bj scene was removed because that entire interaction was a lazy holdover from version 0.1. It was a silly/lazy interaction where the same conversation was repeated several times until she licked the lollipop. I'll bring it back in the future with a better written event.

- Outside of patron scenes, I've put animations on hold for now. I can continue putting out mediocre animations or take some time to make meaningful improvements. I'm looking to reintroduce much higher quality animations within two updates tops.

- This game is my first project and there's always a struggle trying to balance learning new skills in improving the game while also developing new content in a measly monthly deadline. If the visual quality of the game, by the time its completed, were to remain the same as it is now, that would be considered a massive failure.

Thank you all again for playing and supporting this project. I have a lot of fun working on it and there's no better feeling than seeing others enjoying the writing of a mentally ill 9 year old :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, most of the story that we've seen has only reached the introductory stage where we get a taste of what the relationships are like. Achieving sex is not the sole goal/end of the story. Things will get much more interesting as we move forward.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Hi everyone, glad the update seems to be well received. I'm overseas now visiting family and will be back Friday to finish the last patron scenes and release the full 0.27.

Some quick comments I want to address.

- Every girl will have a "good" and "bad" path. This doesn't mean that every girl will have a generic exclusive romantic partner route. Each path will be specific to the each character's story. The good or bad stems from the perspective of MC and his interaction. Will he remain a bitter butthurt bitch who disrespects women because of his cheating ex or will he grow to appreciate the girls for who they are?

- Daisy bj scene was removed because that entire interaction was a lazy holdover from version 0.1. It was a silly/lazy interaction where the same conversation was repeated several times until she licked the lollipop. I'll bring it back in the future with a better written event.

- Outside of patron scenes, I've put animations on hold for now. I can continue putting out mediocre animations or take some time to make meaningful improvements. I'm looking to reintroduce much higher quality animations within two updates tops.

- This game is my first project and there's always a struggle trying to balance learning new skills in improving the game while also developing new content in a measly monthly deadline. If the visual quality of the game, by the time its completed, were to remain the same as it is now, that would be considered a massive failure.

Thank you all again for playing and supporting this project. I have a lot of fun working on it and there's no better feeling than seeing others enjoying the writing of a mentally ill 9 year old :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, most of the story that we've seen has only reached the introductory stage where we get a taste of what the relationships are like. Achieving sex is not the sole goal/end of the story. Things will get much more interesting as we move forward.
Why do you feel the visual quality is not good enough? I'm not a game dev so I don't know. I must admit, that mentally ill 9 yr old has talent. (y)

Reactions: Domiek

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Why do you feel the visual quality is not good enough? I'm not a game dev so I don't know. I must admit, that mentally ill 9 yr old has talent. (y)
Without going too much into detail but there are many moments I catch myself thinking "I wonder how to make the lighting less flat/ The clothes hang a certain way/ the hair to sit realistically without poking through."

More importantly, if you look at City of Broken Dreamers, you cant help but be in awe at the beauty of the renders. Need to always look to improve lest we stagnate.

TLDR: There is a discrepancy between how I visualize a render and the actual product.

May 8, 2018
Without going too much into detail but there are many moments I catch myself thinking "I wonder how to make the lighting less flat/ The clothes hang a certain way/ the hair to sit realistically without poking through."

More importantly, if you look at City of Broken Dreamers, you cant help but be in awe at the beauty of the renders. Need to always look to improve lest we stagnate.
Don't worry, Your game is good as it is right now. Improving quality is always welcomed, but as it is your first project You don't need to do it right now. Take Your time, learn from this game. Btw, last update was really good. Sophie is no.1 girl for me there. I like them all, but Sophie is Sophie. CoBD is amazing but it wasn't his first game. Take Your time and enjoy man.
P.S.: About animations, well, I like animations, even mediocre, but I don't mind if they aren't in the game. If You decide to add, maybe You should add just 1 short in some specific scenes, like Jenna sex or Sophie sex scenes.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018

TLDR: There is a discrepancy between how I visualize a render and the actual product.
That's actually the great part with the whole rendering. You can always improve. It doesn't depend how good or bad your at it. I mean take Philly Games, it is incredible how much he improved from Depraved Awakening to City of Broken Dreamers.

Abîme

Sep 27, 2018
I prefer your writing style to many others who write compelling stories that go absolutely nowhere.
The sequence of the movie in the last update made me laugh, reminds me of some of the movies I like to watch.

Reactions: rKnight and Domiek

Deleted member 27575

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I am torn about this game. The girls are that hot. They are old, fat, have saggy tits, large cellulite asses or there is just something else wrong.

However, the game is hilarious as fuck.

:/

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018

You can't really compare to that game because they have cyberpunk and traps wink wink. But I see what you mean.(y)

crikey_buum

Nov 30, 2018
I am torn about this game. The girls are that hot. They are old, fat, have saggy tits, large cellulite asses or there is just something else wrong.

However, the game is hilarious as fuck.

:/
There's plenty of games that have ABSOLUTELY perfect girls in them. This one has a slightly more realistic approach (just slightly, those women are still way above average all things considered).
Having something a bit different is a bit refreshing dont you agree ? Even if the girls dont necessarily all float your boat.

Reactions: johnconnor

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Don't worry, Your game is good as it is right now. Improving quality is always welcomed, but as it is your first project You don't need to do it right now. Take Your time, learn from this game. Btw, last update was really good. Sophie is no.1 girl for me there. I like them all, but Sophie is Sophie. CoBD is amazing but it wasn't his first game. Take Your time and enjoy man.
P.S.: About animations, well, I like animations, even mediocre, but I don't mind if they aren't in the game. If You decide to add, maybe You should add just 1 short in some specific scenes, like Jenna sex or Sophie sex scenes.
Thanks! I don't want to sound self loathing or looking for pity. Just wanted to stress that although the tone of my game is silly and carefree, I'm pretty self-critical of my work. I'm happy where the game is and how it's progressed but I'll be even more happy in further developing my skills. Half of the excitement of this craft is finding ways to improve and reflecting on the progress. Otherwise it would simply become work, and no one likes work.

@TiffanyMonroe speaking of traps... there may be something for you in the upcoming patron scenes :geek:

3.90 star(s) 169 Votes