BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I'm not a dev so I'm not sure what coding for renpy on the backend is like but from a usability stand point the engine for PAT is just painful to interact with. Everything is so slow, lots of hangups when loading and generally less smooth then renpy. I'm glad your moving away from it to Unity for your next game.
Well, that's actually due to a mix of factors, but yes, I'm certainly aware of the problems. I tried out Ren'py before starting this project, but it just didn't seem to be a great choice. In the early stages of developing PAT I found VNM was giving much better results, as well as being a lot quicker to work with. Back then they were also actively patching the engine, too, so it seemed like any issues were going to be dealt with. Had I known about these issues in advance I probably would have preferred to try getting into Unity right from the start, but at least working in VNM has been a learning experience for me, as it's much more like Unity than anything else I'd used before. (Adrift, mostly.)

I've taken a quick look at Unity's Naninovel plugin and it seems pretty neat; it also has a much more active developer and Unity comes with a wider community, so it will hopefully be easier to fix bugs and that kind of thing. It also has a lot of in-built functionality for presentation and stuff. It'll still take a while for me to figure out how to use it well, though, particularly when I need to keep working on other things too, but I'm getting a start.

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Seeing the numbers in the changelog and just wondering which kind of "regular" version is this?

Thx in advance!

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Seeing the numbers in the changelog and just wondering which kind of "regular" version is this?

Thx in advance!
The current public version is 0.11, while the current patrons' version is 0.16. For the next public release I will do an updated version of 0.15.

Reactions: Dudlbert

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
can anyone upload a save just about after the apartment loading screen bug
That wouldn't help you; it's an issue on a minority of systems that they just can't handle (sometimes, or all the time) loading the apartment scene at all, so loading a save game would have the same chance of giving you the bug.
I'm still working on solutions, trying to purge this bug from the game by reducing the memory load, and I'm hoping to get into some deeper coding solutions soon if memory load reductions continue not to help.

Dervish666

Apr 15, 2020
Hi BBBen,

i checked the thread and i found a similar bug ( i think) but no solutions so i'm goin to ask for help.

my saves are pretty much all unplayable for this bug, i'm playing 0.16 ver. from patreon

Basically i get a random image that overlays everything covering the actual game running behind it. It also covers menu options.

I attach 2 images for better unerstanding bcs i dont know if my explanation was understandable. In the 1st one you can see i'm in the menu, but only reset and back buttons are visible.

In the second one, the various options for Nobuko massage scene are "under" the image on top

I dont know what could have triggered the error bcs yesterday i turned the game off, and it started today as i loaded the last save, and all saves got corrupted

Nice game tho

Thanks

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Hi BBBen,

i checked the thread and i found a similar bug ( i think) but no solutions so i'm goin to ask for help.

my saves are pretty much all unplayable for this bug, i'm playing 0.16 ver. from patreon

Basically i get a random image that overlays everything covering the actual game running behind it. It also covers menu options.

I attach 2 images for better unerstanding bcs i dont know if my explanation was understandable. In the 1st one you can see i'm in the menu, but only reset and back buttons are visible.

In the second one, the various options for Nobuko massage scene are "under" the image on top

I dont know what could have triggered the error bcs yesterday i turned the game off, and it started today as i loaded the last save, and all saves got corrupted

Nice game tho

Thanks
Thanks for reporting this - actually, I'm aware of this bug and it seems to be a problem of some kind in the engine. I haven't got the solution yet but we think it might be something to do with the game stopping part way through clearing images and then losing the "layer data" so they can no longer be cleared, for some reason.

It doesn't seem to be very predictable where it'll show up, but it does show up more with saved games. I've been talking to Conash, who's been helping a bit with some of these engine bug problems, and while we haven't solved it yet he's got some ideas.

As for what to do at your end, I'm afraid a lot of the time this bug just seems to break the save and it can't be fixed. However, I have seen it on my system too, and I've had some success with getting it to clear out the image if a whole new scene is loaded. The easiest way to do that in v0.16 is to talk to one of the ladies. If that doesn't clear it then the image data is probably completely broken and it can't be cleared at all.

Dragunav

Dec 8, 2017
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, I had the event where you step out of your apartment and find Shizu lying on the floor asleep.
When you get two choices with the other girl "I hope she's okay" and "What beautiful Pyjamas" i saved the game and chose the first one and got a notification that i missed a sex scene, so i loaded the save and either option i choose locks the game?

Nothing happens, the the textbox disappears and i can't click on anything, trying more reloads doesn't change anything

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, I had the event where you step out of your apartment and find Shizu lying on the floor asleep.
When you get two choices with the other girl "I hope she's okay" and "What beautiful Pyjamas" i saved the game and chose the first one and got a notification that i missed a sex scene, so i loaded the save and either option i choose locks the game?

Nothing happens, the the textbox disappears and i can't click on anything, trying more reloads doesn't change anything
Ah, yes, that's an old bug that has since been removed from the more recent builds; I guess it's still in the public version. I wasn't aware of that, but in the next public version it'll be gone (I'm holding off on that until I can make it more stable overall).

As for the other response, I guess the wording was confusing because a number of people like you have thought that they missed a sex scene; that's not what it was indicating. It was just telling you that you got a specific response because you hadn't yet seen the Nobuko sex scene, in which case you would have got some alternative dialogue. Because people found this confusing I just took the notification out in later versions.

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
Yes, I'm planning to bring it out once I've tested a few more technical changes. I can't be totally sure when that will happen, but the Shizu release is one I'm planning to put out when I can.
Awesome! Is there an estimate? I've been lacking some PA:T in my life recently. Been really looking forward to it :)

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Awesome! Is there an estimate? I've been lacking some PA:T in my life recently. Been really looking forward to it :)
I wish! Actually, I'm working with another programmer (who knows scripting) on a temporary basis to find a solution. While we try to crack some of the issues I'm just continuing to add content, because I don't really have the coding proficiency to (for example) fix the recent issue that's been affecting save games. Hopefully that will have a fix soon and I can get a public release out, but I can't set a time on it because of that, sadly.

Reactions: Throwaway7777

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Thread Updated: 2020-02-05 - time for a new update

BBBen , can you pretty please share a newer version (been 5 months:cry::cry:, every update is still at 10$)

Last edited:

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Thread Updated: 2020-02-05 - time for a new update

BBBen , can you pretty please share a newer version (been 5 months:cry::cry:, every update is still at 10$)
I promise I plan to, but there's a nasty save and load bug right now so I've been holding off in the hopes of having one that will actually let you load your saves properly. I suppose I could go ahead and put out a release soon anyway, since it's proving hard to get that bug removed quickly, but it'll still need a bit of preparation first.

Yeah, I guess I'll do that once I've got the next patrons' release done in a few days. It's not like the game's unplayable by any means, but honestly it's hard to manage a public release and all the new players that try the game at once if I know there's bug issues.

Last edited:

Hulktim

Mar 12, 2017
It’s impossible to play, kill the one who invented this platform.)
You save your choice, load, make a choice and nothing happens. Old saves do not work.

Reactions: ltpika

iamvqb

Nov 7, 2016
Trying to load a save from earlier version and it has been 20 minutes. I hope u move to another engine soon BB.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes