BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
any suggestions on what to do after being left in my new apartment?
can't seem to leave or go to sleep.
Take a look around - there's a hand icon on the pool table, an eye on the bookshelves and a mouth out on the balcony. Those are skill training options.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Tried the search bar but didnt find anything. Is there a way to hide the UI and take a screenshot?
At the moment, no, but generally when there's a new picture that's interesting I give it a moment with no UI over the top so you can see it properly first.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Has there been a fix for the Loading issue yet, keep being on the loading screen?
Depends which one you mean - if it's a hang on loading a saved game then that's just a save game that's not going to work any more because it's from an old version that's been made obsolete.

If you mean a fix for crashes when loading the apartment scene, well, sort of. I haven't quite found a final fix, but I do know what's triggering the problem - music in the apartment. Therefore with each new release I'm making a "no music" version (it does actually have music, just not in the apartment) and that works for most people. It's not a very good fix, so I hadn't spread that to the public version yet, but I will next time I do a public update, if I don't have a better fix by then.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
When will the next public update be release with the temporary crash fix?
I'm not putting out a new public release for a little bit, but I believe this test version (Windows 64 bit) has no music in the apartment and should work for you. I can't guarantee there's no quirks because the version was only partially tested, but I believe it's basically v0.11.1 but without the apartment music.

Reactions: caravaggio

AchillaS

Oct 23, 2019
Why not just use the "skip intro" option? That takes you straight to the apartment.
I thought some of the choices in it helped you a bit. The reason why i asked is because I thought the game froze in a loading screen but turns out my crap laptop just needed more time

Hey, while i have you. I wanted to know if there is any chance of you remaking PAL into an RPG or something else?

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I thought some of the choices in it helped you a bit. The reason why i asked is because I thought the game froze in a loading screen but turns out my crap laptop just needed more time

Hey, while i have you. I wanted to know if there is any chance of you remaking PAL into an RPG or something else?
Into another engine, you mean? Well, that would be almost as much work as making a new game from scratch, so no, no plans to do that. It's not really built in such a way that would make it easy to port, you see. I also kind of think that a lot would be lost if the game lost its text parser, which is one of the main ways the game can give you a sense of freedom and immersion.

I appreciate that you're still interested in the game, of course. I've thought about maybe putting out a version with an AI upscaled 4K version of the images, just to make it a look a little better on larger resolutions, at least.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
shizu announcement poster 1 big.jpg

If nobody minds, I'll just give a quick plug to the latest release of the game for patrons, which contains some huge updates

This is the "Shizu's lips are sealed" release, which marks Shizu's addition to the harem. She's the youngest in the harem at only 18, half the age of Shuji, but she tries twice as hard. ;) Here's a snippet of a larger animation from the biggest of her sex scenes:

shizu-slide-promo-gif-small.gif
(The real version's much bigger.)

And here's a few screenshots from it, although there's more, and I've added a lot of voice acting recently, too. I've only shown this stuff to patrons so far:

shizu library claiming penetration 1.jpg shizu claim end frame 1.jpg shizu library claiming bj b 1.jpg

This is also a great release for me, because now it allows me to be a lot more free in how I start adding more content, and I can get into adding interesting new stuff like new characters, endings, threesomes and other stuff I can't really talk about without spoiling it.

I'll have the new Shizu stuff coming up in a public release hopefully fairly soon, because I've also got a big load of new "harem" fun that I'll be able to add in to the next patrons' update soon too. Progress on the game has been great recently.

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
just switch to renpy for your next game, please. your games are way too good to be getting so little attention just because of the engine it uses. I enjoy this game and I enjoyed your adrift game as well, but do yourself a favor and switch to renpy and you will get a lot more support and recognition

Reactions: libertypics

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
just switch to renpy for your next game, please. your games are way too good to be getting so little attention just because of the engine it uses. I enjoy this game and I enjoyed your adrift game as well, but do yourself a favor and switch to renpy and you will get a lot more support and recognition
Ren'py is kind of janky and crap in other ways. I actually chose this engine because it was a superior choice to Ren'py in a bunch of ways - I didn't know at the time that it had a hidden audio bug or that the developers would effectively abandon it.

I'm actually planning to switch to Unity for my next project, assuming I can get comfortable with it. I've already bought some of the resources and I'm going to start teaching myself the basics soon, so I'll be ready to make a game in it when I'm ready to move on from PAT.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Oh, and incidentally, I put out another ! It's now finally possible to start enjoying the harem, so I've added new interactive sex scenes for all three girls; all the scenes are complete with voice acting, and this update also contains more VA for other lines, new sexts and new collector cards, as well as some technical updates.

Some pictures from this release:

emi 6 daily bedroom money c 1_big-scale-3_00x.jpg kitchen nobuko 23 kiss behind 1 display_big-scale-3_00x.png library shizu 18 daily bj b day 3.jpg

Also, I'd like to know which threesome combination you'd like to see in the game first!

threesomes.png

I'll make all three, but I'm interested in what players most want to see, .

MattStryker

Apr 28, 2017
Ren'py is kind of janky and crap in other ways. I actually chose this engine because it was a superior choice to Ren'py in a bunch of ways - I didn't know at the time that it had a hidden audio bug or that the developers would effectively abandon it.

I'm actually planning to switch to Unity for my next project, assuming I can get comfortable with it. I've already bought some of the resources and I'm going to start teaching myself the basics soon, so I'll be ready to make a game in it when I'm ready to move on from PAT.
I'm not a dev so I'm not sure what coding for renpy on the backend is like but from a usability stand point the engine for PAT is just painful to interact with. Everything is so slow, lots of hangups when loading and generally less smooth then renpy. I'm glad your moving away from it to Unity for your next game.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes