ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
As a Pervert Action fan, it's heartbreaking to see. The aif games worked reliably.

Last edited:

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
So I specifically said I wasn't going to release this version publicly because of bug problems, then someone immediately pirates it and I get blamed for releasing it with bugs.

If the game is stuck loading anywhere you do not need to wait 20 minutes - it has crashed. Old saves are not working for a lot of players right now. This is the bug I have been trying to fix and this is why it was better to keep the old version rather than releasing something I said wasn't ready.

I mean, I tried to explain.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
So I specifically said I wasn't going to release this version publicly because of bug problems, then someone immediately pirates it and I get blamed for releasing it with bugs.

If the game is stuck loading anywhere you do not need to wait 20 minutes - it has crashed. Old saves are not working for a lot of players right now. This is the bug I have been trying to fix and this is why it was better to keep the old version rather than releasing something I said wasn't ready.

I mean, I tried to explain.
Everyone - just read BBBen's post right above the one stating OP updated...heartbreaking is right, a really misguided early release. I will wait for what he intends for public release...

Reactions: BBBen

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Everyone - just read BBBen's post right above the one stating OP updated...heartbreaking is right, a really misguided early release. I will wait for what he intends for public release...
Thank you, I guess I should expand on what I said.

I'm working on it - the bugs in the engine weren't evident when I first started developing the game, so now I'm in a situation where I have to work around them. I've been consulting with Harem Collector's programmer Conash about a scripting solution to get around the most recent save/load issue, but that will still take a little time. I wanted to at least fix this problem before making a public release.

Two issues will likely remain:

1) Some saves from earlier versions may be broken if anything has been changed in the scene you're loading. That's just unavoidable, but I have added "fast start" options and a replay mode so you can at least rapidly get back to where you were if you've lost a save.

2) Some people are going to just find the loading screens crash quite a bit. This is because of the audio code in the engine - it doesn't do it for everyone, just some systems. It so far has proven very difficult to fix, but the "no music" version I release when I do a proper release does help the situation for a lot of people.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
ok since it seems to be happening to some but not others. I click to load and get black screen with sound and nothing else. l am bare with me as im am half ass drunk tonight but in the spoiler is my dxdiag. i know as you have said this was a pirated copy but maybe this will help some how.. now i return to my bottle of rum....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
vt3fan4evr It's always good to get specific crash data whether or not it turns out to be useful because I get very little tester feedback, so thanks. Enjoy your rum.

any whalktrough for the gallery cards?
Funny, I think you're the first so far to ask for that, although I grant I've added quite a few of them now. I don't actually remember where all of them are off the top of my head and there are maybe one or two that are in there to unlock with later content, but in general they can all be found either easily, or by poking around in interactive scenes.

Thanks for the explanation. I look forward to your official release.
You're welcome - and yes, I'm working on it!

Reactions: pspbro

bcrr

May 25, 2019
Getting a really odd bug after the game crashed and I loaded a save, don't see it described by anyone else here yet. I saved during the conversation with Nobuku after you find Shizu sleeping in the hallway, and had a long loading screen a little bit later and quit. Loading the save though, whenever it loads back into the apartment the background is replaced with a closeup shot of Shizu looking at a hamburger, from one of the dates, and it stays that way as new scenes load. Can't see anything at all, and it seems to do that every time I load the save.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Getting a really odd bug after the game crashed and I loaded a save, don't see it described by anyone else here yet. I saved during the conversation with Nobuku after you find Shizu sleeping in the hallway, and had a long loading screen a little bit later and quit. Loading the save though, whenever it loads back into the apartment the background is replaced with a closeup shot of Shizu looking at a hamburger, from one of the dates, and it stays that way as new scenes load. Can't see anything at all, and it seems to do that every time I load the save.
Yep, that's the specific new problem I'm working on. Our theory is that the process of clearing out the image data is being interrupted and somehow images that have lost their layer identifier are still lingering to get captured by save games. Conash thinks a script might be able to just clear that data or prevent the engine from interrupting its own process too early.

Most of the time at the moment this breaks the save game, although occasionally the save is retrievable by loading a new 'scene' (say, by talking to one of the ladies or by going to the subway).

Reactions: pspbro

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
vt3fan4evr It's always good to get specific crash data whether or not it turns out to be useful because I get very little tester feedback, so thanks. Enjoy your rum.

Funny, I think you're the first so far to ask for that, although I grant I've added quite a few of them now. I don't actually remember where all of them are off the top of my head and there are maybe one or two that are in there to unlock with later content, but in general they can all be found either easily, or by poking around in interactive scenes.

You're welcome - and yes, I'm working on it!
Well i didnt really crash per say just did not get to load all the way. and i am more the happy to help if there is something specific your looking to find. I have a fairly well built pc and if i knew where the actual crash data would be i would send it. maybe not tonight as i have literally gone through a 5th of Capetian morgan :p

iamvqb

Nov 7, 2016
Um the options to change text speed doesnt work anymore. I tried clicking and dragging it but it just stuck at the default option.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Um the options to change text speed doesnt work anymore. I tried clicking and dragging it but it just stuck at the default option.
I think it should work for you, unless you changed the message speed at the title menu then started a new game (new games reset to instant), but otherwise I think it should be able to be changed. If I'm incorrect then that's an as-yet unreported issue. (Although I think the default "instant" speed should be fine for most players anyway.)

Slimeee

Oct 8, 2018
Holy crap where has this game been, great premise nice writing, good characters, nice music.
I love it

• Red Heart

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Yep, that's the specific new problem I'm working on. Our theory is that the process of clearing out the image data is being interrupted and somehow images that have lost their layer identifier are still lingering to get captured by save games. Conash thinks a script might be able to just clear that data or prevent the engine from interrupting its own process too early.

Most of the time at the moment this breaks the save game, although occasionally the save is retrievable by loading a new 'scene' (say, by talking to one of the ladies or by going to the subway).
I have this issue, but even after talking to a girl or going to the subway, the Nobuko image remains plastered over the screen. Even if I load an older save, usually some other cg image will be plastered over the game in a similar manner.

1594106301889.png

Last edited:

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I have this issue, but even after talking to a girl or going to the subway, the Nobuko image remains plastered over the screen.
Yeah, unfortunately that means that save file just isn't going to work. It's a maddening bug, but Conash thinks he can probably fix it. A fix for this is what I'm waiting for before doing a proper public release.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes