Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
Yes, that seems to be the scene that triggers the bug. This was actually fixed, but I think the fix must have got rolled back at some point and now I'll have to track down the script solution for it again. For this version, however, I think you'll just have to avoid saving in that scene. (The choice there doesn't actually make a huge difference; just a small number of trust/love points one way or another.)

I'll fix this when I can, though, so thanks for the report.
I've done a bit of testing and it looks like on every decision where you save and load after it will be bugged.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I recognize that development process is quite far, but take this advice as a kind one: use better engine. If not now by redoing this game, then in the next project.
For future projects I'm moving to Unity. Possibly also another engine if a side project of mine works out. It's not, however, practical to switch engines for PAT when it's this far along. I can assure you nobody's as frustrated with the problems in the engine as I am, but they didn't emerge until I was past the point of no return with it.

It is still a minority of players who get the loading issues, so most people can play it; unfortunately I can't tell who will have the problem as it has nothing to do with the power of your hardware. It's some weird incompatibility with the code - I have a powerful desktop and an ancient mini laptop that struggles with Chrome, yet both machines can run the game just fine.

I've been working with a scripter to try solutions and we came up with some really clever ones to try to fix it. Unfortunately, nothing has really worked so far, but I haven't completely given up hope on resolving it yet.

What Terminal commands do you use to get these games to work? Before Big Sur there was only one command that I needed to run to 'fix permissions' (pretty sure that's what I was doing). That command was 'xattr -rc <path>'. Now I have to use 'sudo chmod -R 755 <path>', sometimes by itself other times coupled with the first one.

I know just enough Unix to be dangerous and only a handful of Terminal commands. I do know that using 'sudo' isn't something one should take lightly as sudo means superuser do, which to my understanding is a half-step short of root access.

BBBen I do know that I've successfully have gotten other games/apps to work without a hitch using these commands. My thought wasn't it's a MacOS issue given that the game would launch, however briefly. Although I will admit that Apple likes to make things a bit more difficult than it needs to be concerning running software that doesn't run through them, so you may be right but that's not the feeling I got this time.
DeseNuts72 I don't know if this would have anything to do with it at all, but on HTML versions you can get issues that sound vaguely similar if you have script blocking on in the browser. Could something else be blocking the scripts?

How much of that content will the game be comprised off? Like 50/50, 60/40 etc
Hard to estimate exactly, but the game is primarily a harem game, while the NTR elements can be sort of pervasive around the margins if players are into that and want to allow that content. It should be a perfectly satisfying and complete game without it if you choose to ignore it, though. (That's the goal, anyway.)

I've done a bit of testing and it looks like on every decision where you save and load after it will be bugged.
Yeah, I've been trying to chase this up. I'm pretty sure this is a script issue and it's fixable. For now, try to avoid saving in those moments, I suppose, and a future release will have it fixed.

jimstorm

Donor
Mar 14, 2018
I cant figure out how to get the HTML to work on joiplay. Theres no "exe" and when I do the index.html file it gives me an error.
Sorry I don't have answer, but wanted to +1 this comment. Am also trying to play on Android with joiplay. No exe anywhere, and also get error when trying to use index.html

Please @ me if anyone has a fix!

Reactions: Debosno

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
Just finished the game (as it is in its current state anyway). Fucking fantastic. Could have done without Mr. hand-head finger-dick, but I'm sure that's going somewhere. Only got the Nobuko and Emi endings, though. Is there a Shizu ending yet?

Reactions: BBBen

Neuneu2

Aug 10, 2017
How much of that content will the game be comprised off? Like 50/50, 60/40 etc
If i can add my through about it, NTR is this one seems to have more focus on it than the previous game (own storyline and maybe even endings in the future)

So if u are in "NTR game" even if this is sold as a HAREM focus one u can surely enjoy it without feeling it too optional and if u are not, the previous game made a great separation between NTR and the main storyline without conflict or feeling be left out of some content and it seems to be same in this one.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Just finished the game (as it is in its current state anyway). Fucking fantastic. Could have done without Mr. hand-head finger-dick, but I'm sure that's going somewhere. Only got the Nobuko and Emi endings, though. Is there a Shizu ending yet?
Very glad you enjoyed it! No Shizu ending yet; I'm still working on that and waiting for the right inspiration to strike, but I did make a big new Shizu-centric scene in the latest patrons' release. I would have probably made that the ending, but mechanically it's more entertaining as something you can return to through the course of the game.

Flekxxx

May 5, 2020
Hello, I recently started playing and I played for a while before it started showing something like Uncaught RangeError when i start a save. Can somebody tell me what im doing wrong?

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Hello, I recently started playing and I played for a while before it started showing something like Uncaught RangeError when i start a save. Can somebody tell me what im doing wrong?
If the game still loads okay, then it's nothing to worry about. If you've got a bad save the only thing i can think of is that you've saved in an older version, even though it didn't sound like that in your description.

Flekxxx

May 5, 2020
Hello, I tried loading saves again and they are just stuck on Now Loading. I check for like 5 10 minutes and still doesnt load.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Hello, I tried loading saves again and they are just stuck on Now Loading. I check for like 5 10 minutes and still doesnt load.
If it's a save from an old version, then the save is probably broken and you just can't load that one, but can still play the game otherwise. If you're getting this problem just generally when trying to load up the apartment, here's my FAQ answer to that:

Occasionally, when a new scene is loading, the loading may break and seem to simply be taking forever on a black screen, generally when trying to load the apartment. I know it's frustrating - it is for me too. Unfortunately this is because of a memory leak issue in the audio code used by the engine, not an issue in my own code, therefore there is no simple fix I can make for it. It doesn't happen on most systems, only a minority, and it doesn't have anything to do with how powerful the computer is - I just can't predict whether you'll get the problem or not. I have been working to try and find workarounds for the issue, but in the meantime my best advice is to download the alternative "loading bug" version, which is designed to reduce the effect, although it may not eliminate it entirely.

Kappa Zappa

Nov 21, 2018
Really enjoy the premise, just bogged down with bugs. Couldn't get NTR photos to load, Shuzi last memory was almost all a black screen. I'll def. follow, just hope to play the version sans audio to see if that fixes it.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Really enjoy the premise, just bogged down with bugs. Couldn't get NTR photos to load, Shuzi last memory was almost all a black screen. I'll def. follow, just hope to play the version sans audio to see if that fixes it.
I've never had any reports of any bugs like that. Are you playing the Windows 64 version on a Win64 computer?

Kappa Zappa

Nov 21, 2018
I've never had any reports of any bugs like that. Are you playing the Windows 64 version on a Win64 computer?
Yes to both. I found the link from your blog for the no music, and now they're working. At least the one save I loaded. Strange how music could cause the problem.

Kappa Zappa

Nov 21, 2018
I also had an issue with the Old Docks memory of no eyes to click on, in the no music version, it works!

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I also had an issue with the Old Docks memory of no eyes to click on, in the no music version, it works!
Honestly, that shouldn't really be connected to the alternative version at all. I suspect that you might have just had a weird faulty load of the game the first time, because there's nothing different between those scenes in the two different versions. If you tried the normal version again I think it'd probably work this time. I don't really know why it'd be doing that - probably something from outside of the game just interfering with it somehow.

Reactions: Kappa Zappa
4.20 star(s) 25 Votes