Foxxsu

Apr 9, 2018
Hey. There was a discussion on this at the tfgs forums in regards to this topic, so I figured I'd share it here too. The text in quotes is from other users of the TFGS forums.
---

This is pretty accurate. Half the team was sick this month, COVID or otherwise. Things this year have also had a pretty draining effect on my mental state, and I'd say the same for a lot of the team.

Because of the delay in waiting to see if our previous project lead would return, we had a large amount of back-log content stored up for the first few releases. It likely made those first few releases over-large (and probably set unreasonable expectations for the size of our releases going forward). Our "scenes" tend to be between 3-5k words, and we have two dedicated authors, who tend to get one or two of them completed a month, depending on their size. I also do some writing, but have been forced to do more coding and editing than writing recently, much to my chagrin.

I had a couple of potential coders reach out to me over the past week, so I'll be talking to them soon. We have one coder who is primarily concerned with bug fixing, and I've been taking up the majority of the remaining coding. So, if one of these potential members can help with passage coding, that will be very helpful. Getting new coders into the workflow takes some time though, so it can take a couple of months to really see the effects.

What I really need is another editor to help with proofreading so that, in the event I am unable to get to things, they don't grind to a halt. That has been part of the reason for the slowdown as during the year which you've called out as I have either been working two jobs (not including PE), or have been dealing with the effects of the pandemic on my mental state.

The writers have written enough content to get us up to the ending for the trophy wife course (and the game's first ending) before the end of the year, and I'd like to take stock of things then. Restructure the team as best we can, and start talking about next steps forward (determining if we want to do another teacher sequence or move over to another path like guardian or therapist). It may be that the first release after that is code-focused, looking to address some specific limitations in our inventory system and do some refactoring in our code (especially in the newly added sections) before we strike out on another major addition to the game.

The past year has been spent primarily working on the new friend CD tasks and the trophy wife training.

Friend ended up assisting with 12 crossdressing tasks (all of which need 3 variants for) and significant reworking to the crossdressing progression which added some addtional main-line content (the stockings task, teacher requesting PC now wear flats to school, etc.). A ton of new clothing has been added through these scenes as well.
The trophy wife training has been one of our most complicated additions structurally since I took over, adding (at this point) 7 lessons that can be done in a semi-random order. Several of these focus on game-style mechanics rather than linear narrative, which requires a lot of additional coding time. It also added the dating task, which has six entirely different variants.

We also added a new store (mens wear), reworked the shoe store, two new cheer episodes (one of which has 5 very different variations), and reworked or added several smaller scenes (such as the Ashley masturbation scene and the crossdressing in the park scene).

All told, we added about 106,000 words worth of new content in the past year, which is roughly the length of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Yeah. Addressing the trello is on my list of "things to do," which sadly gets longer every month. Hence why I'd like to sit back and cut some of the fat once the current teacher sequence is completed. Things like the phone UI have proven to be mostly unneeded (and are beyond the coding skills of most of the team atm). The trello has the unfortunate pleasure of having a lot of the "nice to have" items, and could do with some focus. Probably needs to be wiped out and restructured, as you said. I am not an experienced project manager (and said as much when I took over), and am continuing to learn things as we go forward.
----
In the end, I'm not trying to make excuses, just offer some explanations as to why our later releases have been smaller. We appreciate everyone who supports us, but if you feel you're not getting your $5 a month worth, you are well within your rights to cancel your patronage. Though, we'd encourage you to resub if the updates return a size you are happy with. We will be continuing to work on the game, because in the end we still want to tell our story, even if it takes forever. We will also be making updates freely available on TFGS so you won't miss out on anything except the new avatar.

Hey there! I'd just like to say thank you, to you and the team for all the hard work. And i hope everyone recovers from any lingering illness.

gromit6

May 11, 2017
It's all? :(
read the message from ~ X ~
Bug fixes
This is pretty accurate. Half the team was sick this month, COVID or otherwise. Things this year have also had a pretty draining effect on my mental state, and I'd say the same for a lot of the team.
ja not much but better than nothing
have fun

Reactions: Zurrlock

gromit6

May 11, 2017
CURRENT RELEASE VERSION: .9601 HOTFIX

Bug fixes:

• Fixed an issue that cause some players to get stuck at the friend’s house if they failed a “girliness check”
  • Fixed an issue where friend was not recognizing that the player had removed their hair if they had used depilatory or laser treatment.

only HTML 5.6MB needs the 9600 for the pics

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
I started a new game with PE9601, wear Friend's lacy panties in school on day 5 (daring 4, friend 4), did the market research event and visited Friend afterwards and already got the Girl Cave scene the same day.

For day 5 it feels too soon to get Girl Cave scene. In previous versions PC and Friend were doing lots of teacher tasks together, slowly changing their relation step by step. Now the game seems to jump forward. I would maybe wait until PC has progressed so far with Teacher Tasks that he passes Friend's Girlieness Check at least once before Friend takes the initiative with the Girl Cave.

~X~

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2019
I started a new game with PE9601, wear Friend's lacy panties in school on day 5 (daring 4, friend 4), did the market research event and visited Friend afterwards and already got the Girl Cave scene the same day.

For day 5 it feels too soon to get Girl Cave scene. In previous versions PC and Friend were doing lots of teacher tasks together, slowly changing their relation step by step. Now the game seems to jump forward. I would maybe wait until PC has progressed so far with Teacher Tasks that he passes Friend's Girlieness Check at least once before Friend takes the initiative with the Girl Cave.
Yeah. That sounds like it might be a bug. The girl cave scene is supposed to be gated later (after doing 4 or so of the teacher's CD tasks). I'll give it a look. Thanks for letting me know. Did the scene involve a cosplay outfit at all?

Reactions: NPC041188

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah. That sounds like it might be a bug. The girl cave scene is supposed to be gated later (after doing 4 or so of the teacher's CD tasks). I'll give it a look. Thanks for letting me know. Did the scene involve a cosplay outfit at all?
The scene is random, so when I go back and select "hang out" again I may get another scene.
The cosplay is “Hime Arikawa of Himegoto.”
It is not possible to pass the check due to hairy legs. And Daring 4 is too low for PC to deal with this on his own without teacher task.

Dooder

Aug 21, 2017
Really enjoy the friend content in this game.
Anyone know any other game besides sculptor that got content where you can be 2 friends who start crossdressing?

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Some small bugs :

1. Teacher Task "Wearing a Dress"
.../Images/items/dress_casual_65.png not found.
The type is jpg, not png.

2. In the Girl Cave Scene :
Coding : "You look into $friend’s face, your breath catching, before he notices your flushed cheeks and reluctantly pulls back his hand."
The different variations for male/female are missing.

3. Girl Cave follow up scene
.../Images/general/dress_casual_72.jpg
The folder is items, not general.

Last edited:

gromit6

May 11, 2017
Some small bugs :

Coding : "You look into $friend’s face, your breath catching, before he notices your flushed cheeks and reluctantly pulls back his hand."

question to 2. for the Scene Man Cave ?? better
have fun

Malfred

Jan 29, 2018
also might be a little bug, even when my charater was shaved i got a message saying that my char was not ^^

~X~

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2019

Some small bugs :

Thanks for these. It definitely jumped too far due to a bug. That progression should be much smoother now. I also added some code to allow access to the waxing or depilatory if your crossdressing progress (which happens during daring 4) is high enough. Hopefully that doesn't break other things. lol.

Other small bugs have been fixed for next version.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: gromit6 and Malfred

Zurrlock

May 13, 2018
Found a minor bug also in the Spa reward scene (for not removing your chastity cage), when you get back the text will remark on your flat chest... even if you happen to be completely bimbofied at that point.

Also after adding the most recent version (0.9601) and loading my advanced save (past Ms Buxton's party on Trophy Wife route) the only hypno training therapist will give is the piss one, I've gotten it now about 8 times in a row. EDIT: Never mind on this one, just RNG being weird.

Oh and I'm not sure if it's a bug, but the "give handjob at the club" task keeps repeating and giving me marks for having run out of anyone I can ever give those to, which is a bit annoying and makes it almost impossible to get a perfect week.

Last edited:

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Thanks for these. It definitely jumped too far due to a bug. That progression should be much smoother now. I also added some code to allow access to the waxing or depilatory if your crossdressing progress (which happens during daring 4) is high enough. Hopefully that doesn't break other things. lol.

Other small bugs have been fixed for next version.
The following is a bug which I noticed in the last releases going back to v09300 or earlier :

It affects some of the Shops : Klip Klops shoe shop, Urbane Menswear, ... :
- it usually happens if an additional text (event) is included in the page above the shop menu
- pictures for items are located too low, overlapping with lower border of the page so that the lower part of the images in most cases is cut off
- see example : since the scroll bar on the right side is already in lowest position, the picture seems to be placed partly outside the page border. It is not possible to get full view of it by scrolling or resizing the page.
- when I resize or scroll the window, the position of pictures can change relative to text and they may even vanish
(I use a 1920x1080 pixel display.)

shoeshop_bug.jpg

-> If it is not possible to have text and store on the same page without problems, maybe you could split it on 2 or more pages : conversation/greeting on one page + store menu on a separate page

Last edited:
Reactions: Zurrlock

kandrew123

Oct 14, 2018
I've seen images for girly bedroom sets in the image folder that aren't associated with any of the ones you buy in the store, are these not in use or do I just not know how to get them?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I've seen images for girly bedroom sets in the image folder that aren't associated with any of the ones you buy in the store, are these not in use or do I just not know how to get them?
The bedroom sets change over at a certain threshold. Just play through and they should unlock by themselves (as with the MC losing his menswear etc.).

xanthras

Jan 4, 2018
Ive run this game a few times now, Can anyone tell me what advantages each option have for spying on your mother in the shower? Wait until shes finished, open the bathroom door ( which always cant see anything) or give up and have breakfast?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Ive run this game a few times now, Can anyone tell me what advantages each option have for spying on your mother in the shower? Wait until shes finished, open the bathroom door ( which always cant see anything) or give up and have breakfast?
None of them works. Once the MC figures that out, maybe he should consider other ways to see what happens in there? The bullies will always take his money at school, so spend, don't save.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
If you don't spy on her the 1st day, your mom goes on a business trip and is replaced by a beautiful babysitter ... (non-incest-path).
You can open the bathroom door and look at her showering (1 picture) but you can also buy a spy camera at electronic store and watch her from distance (another picture). Most important detail is to get a Daring point to reach Daring 2 and start the Teacher story. There are 2 more options to earn Daring points : snoop around in Guardians room after replacing batteries and playing with sleeping Guardian in the morning (which requires to buy an alarm).

You can save the game at certain points to go back or you can use the step back/forward option (small arrows left upper side) to try things. You can step several pages/events back but it is limited.

3.60 star(s) 41 Votes