3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

RainMan92

Apr 23, 2018
I bet that dev did nothing about next update. I simly cant believe that she finished cg 5 months ago, and cant finish other things. I dont understand how you can make renders if you dont have idea how story should develop. And this previews, the same shit in last year. So I suppose its something she made over year ago. I expect next development update like this:

Dialogue Writing: -92%

Can't wait to show you.

Reactions: Tarona

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
More surprising thing is there are still people who support on patreon. No judging of course. That is their money. But two years... :rolleyes:
It's sad really. I mean, I'd happy invest in the game if it was updated but it'd literally be like me burning money at this point.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
It's sad really. I mean, I'd happy invest in the game if it was updated but it'd literally be like me burning money at this point.
it's like SS does but without a release every 6 month with 5 mins of contents...eheheh basically this game is about "how milking money but humbly(hiding from radars)"

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Well, look at the bright side fellas, if the game is marked abandoned you wouldn't have a reason to come to this thread and bitch and moan about the update not coming out.

If you think logically you will notice that regardless whether the update comes out or not you are not losing anything (since I am pretty sure that none of you are Patreons). So why cry about it? Are you that worried about other people's money? If they want to keep donating it's up to them. Maybe they just want to give their money to Minx or maybe they want to make it into a pile and burn it... what's it to you?

There is a chance that Minx is really making an update but for various reasons it's taking this long... maybe not. The bitching isn't going to make anything happen.

• Love
Reactions: aolli and 401Grem

RainMan92

Apr 23, 2018
Well, look at the bright side fellas, if the game is marked abandoned you wouldn't have a reason to come to this thread and bitch and moan about the update not coming out.

If you think logically you will notice that regardless whether the update comes out or not you are not losing anything (since I am pretty sure that none of you are Patreons). So why cry about it? Are you that worried about other people's money? If they want to keep donating it's up to them. Maybe they just want to give their money to Minx or maybe they want to make it into a pile and burn it... what's it to you?

There is a chance that Minx is really making an update but for various reasons it's taking this long... maybe not. The bitching isn't going to make anything happen.
Looks like we have morale vertical here.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

LoneVoyage

Nov 22, 2016

True. Then why are you bitch and moan about them. People can say what they want. Just saying

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018

I admit that i might be incorrect, but i would say that "to bitch and moan" as you define can be seen as entertainment only from an outsider's perspective.
For those who are passionate about a game that has been left in such a long hiatus, i would suspect things feel more frustrating, as in a long strong of regularly dashed hopes in every post, while those expressing their sentiments and grievance serves as a way to both vent their feelings and cope with them, not to mention warn newcomers against having false expectations or hopes when it comes to new ccontent &/or updates.

That said, putting the tag "abandoned", "on hold", "ant's crawl degree of advance" or whatever, read, to admit things are not progressing in satisfying manner to past patrons of the game and related followers, would be a better way to both letting the old watchers cope and forewarn the newcomers, i guess. It's at least part of the reason exist in the first place.

And from experience i can say that topics labeled as "abandoned" or "on hold" don't go exactly without activity either.

I would say that the real matter is the (un)fairness of a situation, in particular how illusory and missleading of the (current) realities with this game is to leave it as is, in equal footing with a number of dedicated Devs that actually deliver regularly. It's a bit of a slap in the face toward those people and almost an invitation to other "milk farmers" to proceed with their scams.

True. Then why are you bitch and moan about them. People can say what they want. Just saying
Like, offending and belittling others and their grievances is A-ok because freedom of speech exists?
I'm not certain that is supposed to be the point of it, you know...

My overall impressions on the subject at hand, being myself something of a newcomer to the thread myself.

Last edited:

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017

1) Why would anyone who knows how infrequent communication/updates have been be a Patreon to this game starting now? Would you?

2) Crying? Nah, more amused that the dev is still trying to milk this game after being told several times how to pause patreon. Which they likely won't do.

3) I actually think it's important for there to be public annoyance with how projects like this are treated to deter creators doing what is happening right now; dropping bread crumbs and soaking up cash.

4) No one wants to give money to the dev just because they want to support the dev outside of PH. They paying to support the project and get results. The main reason people do patreon is to make sure devs can have uninterrupted dev cycles. Give them money so they can have resources. If devs didn't need money or didn't want money, they wouldn't be on Patreon. The sad part is there are games out there not on patreon, getting little to no funding who are releasing content a lot more often.

5) We're not disputing the fact Minxy isn't making the update. We're stating that at this point it's taken so damn long that it's become a joke. Nearly an entire year of them saying "I'm working on it." On one update. ONE. It's never been a case of this is the final update or the completion or, one massive update that'll finish the game. This is just the next step in a project with no defined end and it's taken a year and a year of patreon support with only a handful of teasers to show for it.

Why cry about it? Because it's shitty etiquette by the dev and I think people should be vocal about it so other devs don't look at PH and think "Fuck It I can take 6 months hiatus and reap the cash. Minxy did it."

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
1) Why would anyone who knows how infrequent communication/updates have been be a Patreon to this game starting now? Would you?

2) Crying? Nah, more amused that the dev is still trying to milk this game after being told several times how to pause patreon. Which they likely won't do.

3) I actually think it's important for there to be public annoyance with how projects like this are treated to deter creators doing what is happening right now; dropping bread crumbs and soaking up cash.

4) No one wants to give money to the dev just because they want to support the dev outside of PH. They paying to support the project and get results. The main reason people do patreon is to make sure devs can have uninterrupted dev cycles. Give them money so they can have resources. If devs didn't need money or didn't want money, they wouldn't be on Patreon. The sad part is there are games out there not on patreon, getting little to no funding who are releasing content a lot more often.

5) We're not disputing the fact Minxy isn't making the update. We're stating that at this point it's taken so damn long that it's become a joke. Nearly an entire year of them saying "I'm working on it." On one update. ONE. It's never been a case of this is the final update or the completion or, one massive update that'll finish the game. This is just the next step in a project with no defined end and it's taken a year and a year of patreon support with only a handful of teasers to show for it.

Why cry about it? Because it's shitty etiquette by the dev and I think people should be vocal about it so other devs don't look at PH and think "Fuck It I can take 6 months hiatus and reap the cash. Minxy did it."
and this is the reason why i like when StarPlatinum talks

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018

This is just your wishful thinking. If a creator simply wants to milk money they will not give two shits about what you have to say on here.

If you have 'public annoyance' for a few pages, that serves a purpose of informing others... but if you already have well over 20 pages of the exact same people saying the exact same thing it starts to lose all meaning. All you have here right now is a few people endlessly shouting into the wind.

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
This is just your wishful thinking. If a creator simply wants to milk money they will not give two shits about what you have to say on here.

If you have 'public annoyance' for a few pages, that serves a purpose of informing others... but if you already have well over 20 pages of the exact same people saying the exact same thing it starts to lose all meaning. All you have here right now is a few people endlessly shouting into the wind.

Wishful thinking? M8 there's not been an update in a year. If I said to you "Hey I'll fix your car at some point but I'm paid by the month, not upon job completion." and you hired me and a year later all I did was change your airfreshener and clean your tires but you're still paying me, would you not feel like I was milking the cash since I knew you were gonna keep paying.
Secondly I don't care if Minxy reads my post, my feedback isn't for them really because

A) I know she/he isn't going to read this.

B) They're gonna keep taking the money

C) I'm expressing my thoughts.

And have you thought that maybe if you have 20 pages of many different people saying the same thing and you're the guy in the corner being like "Nah guys, nah" you're going to be in the minority? I'm all for having an opinion but you're just shitting on people for having one vs. actually making a compelling point.

Pretty much all you're saying is "LEAVE MINXY ALONE. THE MONEY ISN'T BEING MILKED. YOU ALL ARE MEAN!" Give us some actual points to converse off of. It's not wishful thinking, it's called an opinion, learn the difference.

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
Just Curious about Members Opinion:

If a Game/VN hasn't had a release in 10 months+ isn't it really Abandoned? Shouldn't the criteria for abandoned be: No release in 6 months is labeled abandoned? How many Devs release once a month or so but it's a tiny release. Basically a 5 minuted release. But At Least They Are Doing It!

Can you imagine if you were payed $400 a month to post a few comments and maybe a couple images on Patroen? How many people here would do that? I'd take that money and support Devs that actually produce.

PS: I really like this game, it has so much promise. The characters have such interesting personalities! The youngest daughter is interesting: Acts super young while threatening to expose you if you don't do things her way. The twins are freaks (good vs evil twin). Mom and the Hotel manager(?) are my next favorites. (I can't remember any names and apparently I deleted it... OOPS). Does anyone know what happened to ManicMinxy? The usual excuses? I've been sick (couch, cough)... My mom died (sad if true)... I lost sight in one eye... Serious! View of Family Dev used that one... My hard drive/computer died? ... Seriously? I have multiple FREE Mega accounts with 50GB each. Come on Devs! Back Up Your Shit!

OK enough for my Rant. Honestly what do you all think?

RainMan92

Apr 23, 2018

Bro, we are not in church.

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes