3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
@ManicMinxy I've run into a bug when I first attempt to go to the spa/jacuzzi area.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I got around it by editing the script.rpy file and commenting out the offending line, but I didn't know enough python to actually "fix" it. Game worked fine without it though, so I was able to move forward with the story.

Mind you I'm on Linux, so I used the libs from another Ren'Py game to get this working since you don't include Linux support for some reason. But I would guess that's not the problem here. I've done this with many other games with no problems. Either the game starts or it doesn't if a particular library is missing. But once you get them running, they're always good to go. This seems to be an issue with that particular line of code.

(I also edited like 9579 and the associated 2 image files to correct what looked like a typo.
imagebutton auto "spaabutton4 %s.png" xpos 1439 ypos 333 action Jump("proJacuzzi") #Jacuzzi
I changed "spaabutton4" to "spabutton4")

Greenhill

Apr 28, 2018
Definitely a top contender to me, congratz ! Playing this game felt like the first time, can't wait for more !

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Am I the only one having issue saving the game? I get this error:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 357, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

How fix this? Thanks.

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
@ManicMinxy I've run into a bug when I first attempt to go to the spa/jacuzzi area.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I got around it by editing the script.rpy file and commenting out the offending line, but I didn't know enough python to actually "fix" it. Game worked fine without it though, so I was able to move forward with the story.

Mind you I'm on Linux, so I used the libs from another Ren'Py game to get this working since you don't include Linux support for some reason. But I would guess that's not the problem here. I've done this with many other games with no problems. Either the game starts or it doesn't if a particular library is missing. But once you get them running, they're always good to go. This seems to be an issue with that particular line of code.

(I also edited like 9579 and the associated 2 image files to correct what looked like a typo.

I changed "spaabutton4" to "spabutton4")
Pretty sure you just answered your own question.

The edit you made will definitely break something, as there is no typo in "spaabutton4" (or rather, it's not a typo in the script, the actual image file is named "spaabutton4").

If you've fucked with the script, assume the problem is your own fault (as it probably is in this case), re-extract the game, and this time don't fuck with anything.

I really enjoy this game, but the code is a fucking mess. Don't attempt to make any changes to it unless you've got a damned good reason, trust me.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Pretty sure you just answered your own question.

The edit you made will definitely break something, as there is no typo in "spaabutton4" (or rather, it's not a typo in the script, the actual image file is named "spaabutton4").

If you've fucked with the script, assume the problem is your own fault (as it probably is in this case), re-extract the game, and this time don't fuck with anything.

I really enjoy this game, but the code is a fucking mess. Don't attempt to make any changes to it unless you've got a damned good reason, trust me.
You misunderstand what I was saying.

The bug existed BEFORE I made any change. I fixed it BEFORE I also tweaked the typo. I just happened to ALSO make that other change because the typo bugged me. I just pointed it out in case the dev ALSO wants to correct that little typo (which is generally irrelevant because nobody will really see it, but some people care about details like that, like I do.)

Understand?

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
You misunderstand what I was saying.

The bug existed BEFORE I made any change. I fixed it BEFORE I also tweaked the typo. I just happened to ALSO make that other change because the typo bugged me. I just pointed it out in case the dev ALSO wants to correct that little typo (which is generally irrelevant because nobody will really see it, but some people care about details like that, like I do.)

Understand?
I think you misunderstand the amount of information you provided.
You didn't include that information in your original post. How was anyone to know that you made those edits AFTER experiencing that issue?

Understand?

Anyway, you're probably better off downloading the Ren'Py SDK and using that to run the game on Linux instead of copying libs from another Ren'Py game. Still no guarantee that'll make it work properly, but it's much more likely to work vs. copying the lib files from a random Ren'Py game.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
I think you misunderstand the amount of information you provided.
You didn't include that information in your original post. How was anyone to know that you made those edits AFTER experiencing that issue?

Understand?

Anyway, you're probably better off downloading the Ren'Py SDK and using that to run the game on Linux instead of copying libs from another Ren'Py game. Still no guarantee that'll make it work properly, but it's much more likely to work vs. copying the lib files from a random Ren'Py game.
To be fair, it had crossed my mind that people would likely misunderstand what I was saying and make the assumption you did.

I had considered clarifying, but life being life I just didn't get back around to it. :)

1) In short, there's a bug. I fixed it by commenting a line.
2) I mentioned Linux in case there was a chance it was Linux specific. (Don't see how it would be, but you never know.)
3) I mentioned the typo just in case the dev felt like fixing it.

I should have made clear that point 3 was unrelated to points 1 and 2.

As for the Ren'Py SDK, I haven't actually looked into going that route, although I've seen it mentioned in passing before. Maybe I'll look into that.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017

Hi Maniacs!
A lot of you don't know this but I am a college student! My mid-semester exams are approaching and I won't be able to work whole heartedly on the update until the middle of June when my exams are finished!

With that said, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't expect any content between now and June!

I will be posting extra content for patrons and non-patrons to make up for not working on the 1.4 update !

Expect: extraneous and gratuitous lewd pics of all your favorite characters... Perhaps even animations as well ^-^

Manic

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Walkthrough for v1.3. May be a bit dodgy and if there are any errors please notify me. Thanks

Note: This isn't the official walkthrough that the developer released on patreon however no one has shared it so this is just a walkthrough made by me.
It seems your walkthrough is better than the one from dev. But if someone wants to compare ...

Reactions: Synergy_ and Otyi

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Dammit I already addicted to this game I need more already and will donate to help you keep making this amazing game P.s I can do without the unnecessary screen shakes just my opinion don’t shoot me :closedtongue:

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
...i've just recently discovered this game: a very good play, with a great amount of suspence and simulating hot situations. Looking forward to see how it will unravel in the future!
Only one thing, Minxy: please, correct all those "probably" so badly written all along the narration, it's quite annoying... ;)

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes